Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Shite off, Rockstar. Those games were wonderful in their day but they play like shit these days. Think back to the shooting of San Andreas. Awful.

A ground-up remake would be great but not interested in a 20 year old games getting a lick of paint. Also, I bet they'll be tight arses and not spring for the entire Vice City soundtrack.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I got banned on Resetera, again. The mods there are a humourless lot. To say the least.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really enjoying Immortal Phoenix Rising. It's surprisingly hard to put down. Exploration is good and the puzzles are all interesting enough.

Since PS plus is reaping feck all rewards these days I've gone ahead and bought TLoU2 as my second game. Please don't be bad (considering the mixed reviews).

I was also giving Amnesia Dark Descent a go from my Ps plus backlog. I know it's old but anybody here like it? First hour was interesting enough.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Any story telling single player games I can play on PC?

Liking those more nowadays more than multiplayer games.

Witcher 3 (Top 3)
The Last of Us (ps4 days)
Infamous 2 Second Son (ps4 days)
Horizon Zero Dawn (ps4 days)
Jedi Fallen Order

I tried Control and got bored within an hour.
Have Nioh downloaded but not tried that yet.

Also, games that allow you to play with time are okay (not a must).

Bosws87

Witcher 3 (Top 3)
Jedi Fallen Order

Metro Exodus enhanced edition is fantastic on a decent spec pc and a decent story driven FPS

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Witcher 3 (Top 3)
Jedi Fallen Order

Disco Elysium is different in gameplay to those listed, and has already made its way to console, but since you started off with SP story telling games I had to mention it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why!? I had to replace my ps4 dual shock because of the drift issue again and had ti go a week without gaming and it was NOT GOOD.
Just got fed up with gaming.

Having sold my PS4 I do need to find a blu-ray player now though. Doh!

Irwin99

Finished Alan Wake. Alan Wake is a thing about darkness, light, a missing spouse, guilt, writer's block, a deeply annoying best friend, poltergeists, the transformative and transcending power of the human imagination, and Viking metal...

....nope, didn't understand any of that. God i'm dumb! :lol: Interesting game, just wish i'd pay a bit more attention to the plot instead of zoning out or running things over repeatedly with my car.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Finished Alan Wake. Alan Wake is a thing about darkness, light, a missing spouse, guilt, writer's block, a deeply annoying best friend, poltergeists, the transformative and transcending power of the human imagination, and Viking metal...

....nope, didn't understand any of that. God i'm dumb! :lol: Interesting game, just wish i'd pay a bit more attention to the plot instead of zoning out or running things over repeatedly with my car.
Yeah it's as much about the story as it is anything else, but the gameplay and little touches do match up.

I'm not sure it's deep enough to confuse though mate :lol:

Irwin99

Yeah it's as much about the story as it is anything else, but the gameplay and little touches do match up.

I'm not sure it's deep enough to confuse though mate :lol:
No, it's 100% on me you're right :lol: my attention span is shocking at the moment and I just don't think I was in the mood. It didn't help that I really started to like the gameplay more from chapter 3 onwards after really hating it at first and just being irritated by everything. I regret not playing it with a better mindset.

House of Ashes next on the 22nd.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
No, it's 100% on me you're right :lol: my attention span is shocking at the moment and I just don't think I was in the mood. It didn't help that I really started to like the gameplay more from chapter 3 onwards after really hating it at first and just being irritated by everything. I regret not playing it with a better mindset.

House of Ashes next on the 22nd.
Yeah there's something weirdly drawing about the gameplay as it goes on, even though it never changes. The setting and charm sold me on it all though way more than the story and any kind of meaning behind it. Anyway, Control kind of pisses on any depth that may have been there anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. I will say though, the sequel/DLC American Nightmare is highly recommended by me and I'm disappointed it's not part of this remaster shite.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Yeah there's something weirdly drawing about the gameplay as it goes on, even though it never changes. The setting and charm sold me on it all though way more than the story and any kind of meaning behind it. Anyway, Control kind of pisses on any depth that may have been there anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. I will say though, the sequel/DLC American Nightmare is highly recommended by me and I'm disappointed it's not part of this remaster shite.
I actually didn’t like American Nightmare much. It just felt way too different in tone from the base game (though I realise it was deliberate). And the repeating events were annoying after a while.

I quite liked what I saw of Control from the Let’s Play I watched, though it’s one of those games where I enjoyed the story and atmosphere without developing any sort of attachment to the characters (maybe with the slight exception of Dr Darling). Alan Wake the character is a bit of a dick but I still connected with him better.