Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That's because they are idiots who are pushing arena without giving the base game the fixes first.

Couple that with xbox gamers being notorious whiners and blaming anything and everything for them sucking, and you get this terrible decision. It's not like the game wasn't on ropey ground recently, the dev team gutted because of it. Then they suddenly get streamer attention and even top Fortnite at one point on twitch, nail the timing of a sale and people come back. Then this.

It's feckwittery of the highest level. Just a plain stupid, lazy and cowardly decision. What's worse is the xbox players moaning don't realise that they are just going to continue to get dumpstered anyway. I switched to controller yesterday and had no problems, Summit went one further and did it whilst restricting himself to 30fps and had no problems.

The game needs balancing and fixing for xbox, not this.
I've always told you xbox was cack but you never listened.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Looking for some endlessly repeatable rogue-likes in the Steam sale - Anything released in the last 12 months I might've missed?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
If you play them and don't just buy another one, which you also won't play, then you aren't steaming right.
This guy gets it.

Darkest Dungeon actually ticks all the boxes for what I'm after, so sod it, installing.

Revan

Assumptionman
Finished Red Dead Redemption. Mixed feeling about this. Many missions were extremely repetitive to the point of boring me to death, but the writing was top notch. The final two missions were very good.

All in all, it took me 4 days to finish it (played only the campaign, no side missions at all).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sorry man, I haven't even bought it yet. Just got so many games going on and now Sea of Thieves is taking over hard, plus I'm going to be all over Apex Legends this weekend!

I will play it though, how was it for you?
I loved it but you know how easily pleased I am :lol:

Ainu

I've recently started playing Vampyr, a game from the creators of Remember Me and Life is Strange. Christ almighty does this game have some terrible combat. It's complete garbage. There's a somewhat enjoyable dialogue driven game in there, but it's completely ruined by utterly abysmal combat. How did these devs playtest that and thought "yup that's fine"? Close to giving up on the game altogether. I really couldn't recommend it to anyone, what a disappointment.

el3mel

I was thinking of getting Metro Exodus so decided to play the redux. Too bad I'm definitely not getting Exodus now after that shite show from developers but that doesn't change the fact the redux was pretty good. I decided to play 2033 on survival and LL on spartan since I think that's what both games were meant to be played.

2003 was a good game with some flaws and very annoying levels (feck Frontline and Outpost, feck the feck off) , but LL is a masterpiece so far for me. Definitely more engaging. The ammo in spartan is more than survival for sure but the ammo was also hardly a problem on survival for me in 2033 midway in the game. Filters are kinda a problem in LL since you can't buy them and I have found myself in a problem of running out of them more in LL than in 2033.

Didn't finish LL yet but more than halfway though. Shame the games were review bombed but I can't say the developers didn't ask for that.

Ainu

I was thinking of getting Metro Exodus so decided to play the redux. Too bad I'm definitely not getting Exodus now after that shite show from developers but that doesn't change the fact the redux was pretty good. I decided to play 2033 on survival and LL on spartan since I think that's what both games were meant to be played.

2003 was a good game with some flaws and very annoying levels (feck Frontline and Outpost, feck the feck off) , but LL is a masterpiece so far for me. Definitely more engaging. The ammo in spartan is more than survival for sure but the ammo was also hardly a problem on survival for me in 2033 midway in the game. Filters are kinda a problem in LL since you can't buy them and I have found myself in a problem of running out of them more in LL than in 2033.

Didn't finish LL yet but more than halfway though. Shame the games were review bombed but I can't say the developers didn't ask for that.
You mean the decision to put it on the Epic store? That's not on the developers of the game, they have no say in that.

el3mel

You mean the decision to put it on the Epic store? That's not on the developers of the game, they have no say in that.
Still one of them came and said if people boycott the game on Pc due to the Epic thing then the next game won't be on Pc. I was excusing them as you but really look like they all share the same view as the publisher anyway.

Ainu

Still one of them came and said if people boycott the game on Pc due to the Epic thing then the next game won't be on Pc. I was excusing them as you but really look like they all share the same view as the publisher anyway.
That was one frustrated developer sharing his personal views on a forum. Clearly, it wasn't his choice to move it to the Epic store and he was feeling bitter that people were talking about boycotting a game he worked his ass off for and was probably very passionate about, all over something he and his colleagues had no control over at all. I can empathise with that sentiment, even if he was taking his frustration out on the wrong people.

el3mel

That was one frustrated developer sharing his personal views on a forum. Clearly, it wasn't his choice to move it to the Epic store and he was feeling bitter that people were talking about boycotting a game he worked his ass off for and was probably very passionate about, all over something he and his colleagues had no control over at all. I can empathise with that sentiment, even if he was taking his frustration out on the wrong people.
I can get that but he simply needed to watch his mouth out. At the end of the day he's not a normal person, he's one of the developers and people will always take his comments as representative for them so instead of going on a meltdown on a Russian forum he should have tried to transmit the view of 4A that they don't have a choice etc.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
It was a pretty mental thing to say seeing how PC was one of the biggest reasons (if not the biggest) that Metro succeeded as a franchise, but I can't really hold it against them. That said, I'm in zero rush to play it, and I'm more than happy waiting for the Steam release... To go 80% off in a sale :D

Ainu

I can get that but he simply needed to watch his mouth out. At the end of the day he's not a normal person, he's one of the developers and people will always take his comments as representative for them so instead of going on a meltdown on a Russian forum he should have tried to transmit the view of 4A that they don't have a choice etc.
It was ill advised but hey, we're all human and we all make bad decisions. No need to judge him or the rest of the studio on that. I also understand they don't want to go against their publisher so saying "we don't like it but we didn't have a choice" is probably not a good idea either. It's a tough situation for them. You know the publisher will have made that decision for financial reasons but it's not as if those devs are going to see any of that money.

el3mel

Hopefully they don't delete this historical tweet. The comments are such :lol:.

Art Vandelay

I've recently started playing Vampyr, a game from the creators of Remember Me and Life is Strange. Christ almighty does this game have some terrible combat. It's complete garbage. There's a somewhat enjoyable dialogue driven game in there, but it's completely ruined by utterly abysmal combat. How did these devs playtest that and thought "yup that's fine"? Close to giving up on the game altogether. I really couldn't recommend it to anyone, what a disappointment.
The same problem I had with it. There's a fantastic RPG in there somewhere, but it's hidden under some awful basics. I eventually gave up on it, but might give it another try at some point.

Ainu

The same problem I had with it. There's a fantastic RPG in there somewhere, but it's hidden under some awful basics. I eventually gave up on it, but might give it another try at some point.
I'm trying to persist because I like the dialogue part of the game, but it's testing my patience. If I had known, I would've played on the easiest setting just to speed up the combat, because it is truly, astonishingly bad. The enemy scaling is so broken it's hard to believe. I've even started feeding on citizens, which is clearly discouraged, and I'm still miles behind pretty much every enemy I encounter. If you ever give it another try, just swallow your pride and take the easy setting. I'm convinced it will improve the experience massively. Unfortunately you can't change it during the game.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just finished the first Halo (anniversary edition). Bloody hell, it is so good. Right there with Half Life games as the best shooter I've ever played.

el3mel

Finished the Metro redux bundle just in time. Regretted never playing this series before. Masterpiece.

Don't have anything else to play now and not sure if Far Cry New Dawn will be worth it on release. Watched the trailers and look like a reskin of Far Cry 5. I don't have problem in having a sequel to Far Cry 5 as the ending was a clusterfeck and needed the explanation but the gameplay doesn't look changed thanks to post apocalyptic world, instead looks exactly the same experience with adding some RPG elements which I don't like. Watching damage numbers in screen honestly hurt my eyes in the trailer.

I feel as if Ubisoft thought just because CD Project succeeded with Witcher 3 they too have to change all their series into RPG.

Last edited:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
The atmosphere in the Metro games is crazy good. High difficulty with all the HUD elements off is something pretty spectacular at times.

el3mel

The atmosphere in the Metro games is crazy good. High difficulty with all the HUD elements off is something pretty spectacular at times.
Yeah the amount of immersion is ridiculous. The world and characters are something you can't forget post playing and will have you searching internet and YouTube about the other players experience with the games. Not many games can achieve this.

Meller

Yeah the amount of immersion is ridiculous. The world and characters are something you can't forget post playing and will have you searching internet and YouTube about the other players experience with the games. Not many games can achieve this.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R (the first one) did the same trick for me, one of my favourite games all time. It's flawed but the atmosphere is just amazing.

I still haven't finished 2033 yet (stuck in the library) but will definitely do it in a few months when I'm done travelling. I also read the book recently which was fantastic and it makes me want to play the game even more now.

el3mel

S.T.A.L.K.E.R (the first one) did the same trick for me, one of my favourite games all time. It's flawed but the atmosphere is just amazing.

I still haven't finished 2033 yet (stuck in the library) but will definitely do it in a few months when I'm done travelling. I also read the book recently which was fantastic and it makes me want to play the game even more now.
Ironically Library is my favorite part in this game. I hated Frontline and Outpost but for Library, Miller tells you what needs to be done just prior leaving you. I followed his words literally and ended enjoying it. Very tense and frightening level even without firing a single gun.

Revan

Assumptionman
And now bought the Masterchief collection. Halo 2 looks pretty good too.

I missed a lot by not playing these games in release. They seem spectacularly good for shooters.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

I missed a lot by not playing these games in release. They seem spectacularly good for shooters.
They're still the pinnacle for console FPS games. I'm really looking forward to the new Halo game coming to PC.

Maybe one day the MCC will get a PC release :drool:

Bojan11

Very good.

My friend @Alock1 will tell you the AI in halo is probably still better than any other shooters that come out now despite being so old. It’s just crazy how AI in gaming hasn’t improved so much. Too much focus on story and characters. Less on gameplay and AI the things that really matter.

Give me a good game with a shitty story any day of the week than a shit game with a great story.

Meller

Ironically Library is my favorite part in this game. I hated Frontline and Outpost but for Library, Miller tells you what needs to be done just prior leaving you. I followed his words literally and ended enjoying it. Very tense and frightening level even without firing a single gun.
Yeah I played the game in stretches so barely remembered what I did previously, will change that on my next go!

Revan

Assumptionman
Very good.

My friend @Alock1 will tell you the AI in halo is probably still better than any other shooters that come out now despite being so old. It’s just crazy how AI in gaming hasn’t improved so much. Too much focus on story and characters. Less on gameplay and AI the things that really matter.

Give me a good game with a shitty story any day of the week than a shit game with a great story.
Oh yeah, the AI in Halo seems very good. The feckers are smart.

AI hasn't progressed in gaming because it is still rule based AI instead of machine learning. And there is not much you can do with rule based AI.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Anyone else feel that HDR is overrated? I'm using my Xbox One S with a new LG Oled.

I know it does not do 4k gaming but it still does HDR, right?

I've tried Gears 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I can't see much of a difference? I've checked all my settings, and I would say it looks just a bit better than my old LED.

Art Vandelay

Just finished the first Halo (anniversary edition). Bloody hell, it is so good. Right there with Half Life games as the best shooter I've ever played.
The sequels are mostly great too, even the ones that aren't nearly as good as the others are pretty good on their own. Pity Reach hasn't been remastered yet as it's my favourite shooter ever. It nails the combat and the hopelessness of the fight is strangely compelling. I actually prefer that and ODST to the main sequels.