Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

lawliet354

Then it's a hard choice. If you're playing with folks of all ages, from young kids down to oldies, then the Switch is what I'd go for... If you're playing with mostly matured gamers, the Switch is probably still what I'd go for, but that game alone is worth owning a VR headset for if you have people that can get into it.
This really is a hard choice, Switch portability is a big plus, but after watching Astro Bot gameplay I'm dying to try the PSVR.

Bojan11

Star Wars open world game cancelled by EA. They really have given up on anything that isn’t Fifa. Anthem is already being discounted before release. Prayers going out to BioWare as they next in line.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Star Wars open world game cancelled by EA. They really have given up on anything that isn’t Fifa. Anthem is already being discounted before release. Prayers going out to BioWare as they next in line.
Don't forget The Sims.

Melville Red

I liked a game of golf but I can’t play anymore so can anyone recommend a good computer golf game.

I have a few bob put away and am looking at a play station 4. Thanks.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I liked a game of golf but I can’t play anymore so can anyone recommend a good computer golf game.

I have a few bob put away and am looking at a play station 4. Thanks.
Everybody's Golf is a great series. It's a bit cartoony which might put folks off, but the mechanics are solid & fun.

Melville Red

Everybody's Golf is a great series. It's a bit cartoony which might put folks off, but the mechanics are solid & fun.
I saw that and as you say it looks a bit cartoony, I like that description.:D

I’ve seen some EA Tiger woods games but I don’t like him so looking around and not really knowing what I’m looking at.
Thanks for the reply.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone see this? The first Steam user has hit level 4000... Check the second comment about how much was spent!

I saw that and as you say it looks a bit cartoony, I like that description.:D

I’ve seen some EA Tiger woods games but I don’t like him so looking around and not really knowing what I’m looking at.
Thanks for the reply.
There's also "The Golf Club", but I've never played that personally, so I've no idea. It's pretty well liked as far as I know, though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Has anyone ever played the Ace Combat games? I'm quite intrigued by this one coming out tomorrow after hearing the story a bit like Metal Gear Solid type sci-fi melodrama with awesome soundtracks... but with Fighter Jets :lol:

Grib

Has anyone ever played the Ace Combat games? I'm quite intrigued by this one coming out tomorrow after hearing the story a bit like Metal Gear Solid type sci-fi melodrama with awesome soundtracks... but with Fighter Jets :lol:

Yes, my copy was dispatched first class yesterday morning so hoping it might be there when I get home

Got a bonus code for fires of liberation (ac6) too, gave that a blast last night, it hasn't ages well visually at all

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, my copy was dispatched first class yesterday morning so hoping it might be there when I get home

Got a bonus code for fires of liberation (ac6) too, gave that a blast last night, it hasn't ages well visually at all
Are they good? Im gonna have alot of downtime next month when I get knee surgery so im gonna be doing alot of gaming and I think im gonna get this to try something new.

Grib

Are they good? Im gonna have alot of downtime next month when I get knee surgery so im gonna be doing alot of gaming and I think im gonna get this to try something new.
I don't know where the mgs ref came from as that's definitely not my experience

It's a Japanese style game, the stories are nothing ground breaking but they serve their purpose well enough. It'll be cheesy but typically enjoyable

The planes are real to life for the majority, from memory there's always one or two fictional (I think), the weapons will be ott, multi lock, carry loads etc (but you will run out of specials)

You start with a basic f16 then unlock new aircraft and upgrades, situational and general use

Missions will be objective based, intercept these bombers before they get to X, take out the Sam sites Yadda yada, the main back being about stopping the bad pseudo soviets

Soundtrack usually spot on, six was great

If your not put off by any of that you'll get a good blast out of it and have plenty of time to play something else after you clock it

Grib

Just threw it on for a bit there before I go out, seems their going for a more relaistic style of story telling this time, think old command and conquer, news broadcasts from CNN, err I mean ENN...

No HDR support which is a tad upsetting but to be fair not something I'm going to notice in a dog fight

If you have PS4 I believe there's some vr support which sounds awesome, not in the story mode but stand alone missions from what I read

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Is Steam acting a bit dicky for anyone else? Getting these weird connection errors.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Nobody here excited for anthem?

I'm quite looking forward to it, going to give the demo/beta whatever it is a go this weekend hopefully.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Nobody here excited for anthem?

I'm quite looking forward to it, going to give the demo/beta whatever it is a go this weekend hopefully.
Not excited for a ea published lootershooter made by people who really only know how to sometimes make egos, no.

There is always Warframe if I want a lootershooter. :)

Grib

I played a bit last weekend, was fun when I got on, I like it

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I played a bit last weekend, was fun when I got on, I like it
It seems a lot of people who have played it quite like it, and those who haven't played it have some irrational hatred of it due to being EA.

Obviously those who have played already are the most interested in it anyway so probably see it through rose tinted goggles.

Be interesting to see the demo. Releasing at a weird time too, division just a month later, same type of game no?

Grib

Same as the division, yeah in essence, but obviously completely different given it purely fictional fantasy style

Just fire up the demo at the weekend and judge for yourself, despite the collosal feck up that was the vip demo on the first day, I still really liked it when I got on for a bit Saturday

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had a play on the anthem demo, don't quite understand everything which is going on or the controls properly yet but it seems quite fun. Not sure about the flying and hovering yet, can't manage to fly/hover and fight at the same time.

Haven't even figured out how to check loadout and stuff either.

I think if I had to pick I'd choose the division 2 still due to the no flying and human enemies.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Trying out a bit of Sea of Thieves, it seems much better. Will likely die again soon though when they remove crossplay like the idiots they are.

But ffs, xbox live is such a terrible and trash system. The app is ridiculously poor, and the extra layer of shiteness on PC is a plain joke. Ughhh, MS are just so trash at software design!

Andersons Dietician

Is there a demo out for Anthem? Or is it only pre-order. I’ve been waiting for this for ages as wasn’t it created by the original writers of Mass Effect? There also seems to be quite a heavy stream of games away to drop. Anthem, Metro, DMC5, there was some ninja game that looked good by activision and hopefully Crackdown 3 is good.

Revan

Assumptionman
Started yesterday evening playing Red Dead Redemption (the first one). I am not liking it that much, but then I spent the entire day playing it. Did even a few missions in Mexico so I guess that I am around half of it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This really is a hard choice, Switch portability is a big plus, but after watching Astro Bot gameplay I'm dying to try the PSVR.
It's probably my GOTY, blew my 6 and 15 year olds minds as well...

What's the consensus on Anthem?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Is there a demo out for Anthem? Or is it only pre-order. I’ve been waiting for this for ages as wasn’t it created by the original writers of Mass Effect? There also seems to be quite a heavy stream of games away to drop. Anthem, Metro, DMC5, there was some ninja game that looked good by activision and hopefully Crackdown 3 is good.
Demo is out but I think it's only available for a few more hours

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yes, demo now till end of the weekend. I quite like it

Sweet Square

My brother got PSVR for Christmas and I've finally got around to having a go and well.......Jesus it's amazing. This was my first time trying any VR so I'm sure that played a huge role in my experience but yeah it really was on another level.

Andersons Dietician

@Welsh Wonder @One Night Only damn, I had a look for it on Friday and early Saturday and didn’t see anything. I’ll have a look in the morning again. So it seems alright? I’ll end up getting both but this and Metro release around the same time so just got to decide what is first.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
My brother got PSVR for Christmas and I've finally got around to having a go and well.......Jesus it's amazing. This was my first time trying any VR so I'm sure that played a huge role in my experience but yeah it really was on another level.
I still haven't bothered, keep thinking I'll buy it on payday and then never do. The graphics are pretty poor on them compared to normal games, well, it looks that way. I'm now kinda holding off till ps5 and that VR

Sweet Square

I still haven't bothered, keep thinking I'll buy it on payday and then never do. The graphics are pretty poor on them compared to normal games, well, it looks that way. I'm now kinda holding off till ps5 and that VR
Yeah I'm not sure if I would buy one myself especially if there going to be improved versions later on.

The things I was most disappointing by were a constant blurred effect, it never felt like I was getting the clearest image and while its possible I had the headset on wrong(But I've heard this complaint before)I could always see some part of the room I was standing in, at the bottom of the headset you can see the outside light. As for the games I didn't play that many, I really enjoyed the London heist game but it's rather short and replay value is non exisent. Next up is RE7 and since no one else will play it, I've got to be the one.

Still even with the slightly negative stuff, it was first time since GTA 3 on the PS2 that I've felt blown away by a video game thing. Little things like reloading a gun, picking up cards on a table were really enjoyable. There were plenty of times I had to remind myself that the virtual sofa next to me wasn't actually a physical object in in room, having your mind completely trick like that is sort of amazing.

Last edited:

caid

Trying out a bit of Sea of Thieves, it seems much better. Will likely die again soon though when they remove crossplay like the idiots they are.

But ffs, xbox live is such a terrible and trash system. The app is ridiculously poor, and the extra layer of shiteness on PC is a plain joke. Ughhh, MS are just so trash at software design!
Well thats a crap idea. Pretty pissed off that i bought it in january with that news. PC will be a total ghost town in a months time.

Bojan11

They not removing cross play. They are making it optional, which makes sense. I don’t wanna play against people using mouse and keyboard when I’m using a controller in any cross play game. It should be the same for Gears and Halo.

Redlambs

They not removing cross play. They are making it optional, which makes sense. I don’t wanna play against people using mouse and keyboard when I’m using a controller in any cross play game. It should be the same for Gears and Halo.
No, it's trash.

For a start, this isn't a pure shooter and even if it was, how come Fortnite manages it?

Secondly the game runs like ass on console, and it's not balanced enough for controller. Fixing load times, sorting the engine out, adding a touch of aim assist, removing double gunning, making the blunderbuss viable, better sense settings and perhaps a few more hits to kill would all help balance it better.

Basically this is the easy quick option, not addressing any of the issues. Plus not to mention the biggest one being that the decent xbox players are more than a match for the PC ones, so they'll have an even easier time dumpstering the weaker controller players.

On top of that, how is splitting a community over rebalancing ever going to be a good idea? When has it ever? I get they have a small team, but all they've done here is pander to the whinging reddit xbox crew blaming pc gamers for all their losses. The game has issues that need fixing, this isn't going to help in the slightest. Right when interest was back too.

Last edited:

caid

Dont know about halo but gears has optional cross play - which means no cross play. You sit in lobby endlessly on pc.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Halo will hopefully be the exception to Xbox games on PC being typically dead. Now Unreal Tournament is on the backburner while Fortnite prints money, it's time for a new arena shooter to take the PC crown... Well, as far as AAA goes, anyway - Quake is still going strong.

caid

Halo will hopefully be the exception to Xbox games on PC being typically dead. Now Unreal Tournament is on the backburner while Fortnite prints money, it's time for a new arena shooter to take the PC crown... Well, as far as AAA goes, anyway - Quake is still going strong.
I was expecting Sea of Thieves to be the exception for Xbox games on PC. It was being built from the ground up as cross play title, its the reason i was interested in it, the reason i started playing it, the reason i enjoy it. The developers are working on a feature to exclude me, and one that i expect will kill it on pc so im just kind of gutted atm.

Redlambs

That's because they are idiots who are pushing arena without giving the base game the fixes first.

Couple that with xbox gamers being notorious whiners and blaming anything and everything for them sucking, and you get this terrible decision. It's not like the game wasn't on ropey ground recently, the dev team gutted because of it. Then they suddenly get streamer attention and even top Fortnite at one point on twitch, nail the timing of a sale and people come back. Then this.

It's feckwittery of the highest level. Just a plain stupid, lazy and cowardly decision. What's worse is the xbox players moaning don't realise that they are just going to continue to get dumpstered anyway. I switched to controller yesterday and had no problems, Summit went one further and did it whilst restricting himself to 30fps and had no problems.

The game needs balancing and fixing for xbox, not this.