Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Bojan11

Days Gone is coming to PC.

I found this to be really weird, because I believe the studio that developed it was owned by Sony and used to develop PSP games ? Unlike Horizon's developers I think.
Ehhh? Sony own the lot and it's their decision. Nothing to do with studios. They know it's a easy cash grab releasing games after a year or so on PC. It's their new business model, I did tell @esmufc07 he was about to lose exclusives, but that guy never listens.

el3mel

Ehhh? Sony own the lot and it's their decision. Nothing to do with studios. They know it's a easy cash grab releasing games after a year or so on PC. It's their new business model, I did tell @esmufc07 he was about to lose exclusives, but that guy never listens.
Thinking about it now I can see the scheme. Release it on PS for 2 years or so to guarantee the majority will buy the console and the game, then when it gets old release it again on PC for it to start selling all over again and get more money, winning in both directions.

esmufc07

Cried while watching Titanic
Scout
Still plenty of exclusives on PlayStation. Still 0 on Xbox.

Reditus

Why dont Sony just bring out their own PC version of Steam or Epic? All their exclusives go there and they dont have to give anyone else a cut

caid

Why dont Sony just bring out their own PC version of Steam or Epic? All their exclusives go there and they dont have to give anyone else a cut
Because most who've tried have failed miserably. They dont have the library for an attempt to even be worthwhile.

esmufc07

Cried while watching Titanic
Scout
Imagine if Microsoft released their own version of Steam/Epic with all their exclusives

caid

Funny thing is its MS's 3rd attempt or so. And they've put their games on steam now because unsurprisingly people weren't using it.