Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I had a look at the resetera thread which to no surprise is a train wreck with people getting banned because he didn’t agree with them about Gamergate.

Yeah, feck spending your last moments on Earth with your family. Reconcile with a bunch of idiots.
I would say it's shocking news that a bunch of Neogaffers ResetEra-ers are showing themselves to be bad people, but it's not at all shocking.

Just started playing this, it's pretty good and worth getting as cost only £9 !
It looks great.

Have you played any of the original NES Castlevanias? I hear it's basically a new one of those :drool:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
@Olly Have you played any of the Shantae games? After playing through 1/2 Genie Hero, and it was ridiculous.

Also playing Bayonetta(never knew it was *that* good, and the 2nd to play yet), DOOM, Pokemon Crystal, and just finished Dragon Quest Builders(one of the best games I've played in a long time).

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
@Olly Have you played any of the Shantae games? After playing through 1/2 Genie Hero, and it was ridiculous.

Also playing Bayonetta(never knew it was *that* good, and the 2nd to play yet), DOOM, Pokemon Crystal, and just finished Dragon Quest Builders(one of the best games I've played in a long time).
Nope but I've been interested in them for a while. I'm planning on getting the one that's on Switch some time, it looks good :D

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Nope but I've been interested in them for a while. I'm planning on getting the one that's on Switch some time, it looks good :D
That's the one I've been playing, the Switch one, but you can get the previous one on the Switch's store now(though I presume not physical) and the first two on 3DS.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
That's the one I've been playing, the Switch one, but you can get the previous one on the Switch's store now(though I presume not physical) and the first two on 3DS.
Yeah I remember seeing a couple for the 3DS. There seems to have been quite a lot in the last few years and I found it hard to keep up with what was what :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Totalbiscuit popular streamer/YouTuber has died due to cancer.

Didn’t watch him much, but his opinions came up a lot on Reddit and neogaf. Only in his thirties too.
He was probably the greatest advocate for consumer rights in the gaming community, played a huge role in keeping Starcraft 2 alive, and was a damn good games critic. Gave a lot of smaller games the exposure they needed as well.

I've watched his videos for many years (though not as much the last couple). Although he said some things I disagreed and was unable to handle criticism (which he knew, and led to him personally abandoning social), it's been a long time since I was so sad about a person dying who I've never met and who didn't know I existed. The last one was probably Robert Jordan, the author. Both played fairly significant parts of my life for years. Both died of cancer as well, although Robert Jordan was in his late 50s and TotalBiscuit was his mid/early 30s. He definitely didn't deserve this.

Sweet Square

Have you played any of the original NES Castlevanias? I hear it's basically a new one of those :drool:
I found a old 3ds around the house last year and downloaded the first Castlevania and I would say this game is very similar, there's even certain enemies taken from the old Castlevana game.

Since I've finished the game I'll list the positives and negatives(There's no spoilers)

Positives

.There's a good amount of variation of level design, it isn't simply working your way up to the top of the castle. There's a few different routes you can take throughout the game, it's nothing huge but nice to have and gives you another to replay the levels again.

.The soundtrack is really nice, not a iconic as the old Castlevanias but that's unfair bar to reach.

.The four playable characters all very different and I found myself constantly switching between the characters

.You can combine the different characters sub weapons together which leads to interesting combinations.

.There's somewhat of a interesting story, well it's slightly more interesting than fight the bad guy at the top of the castle.

.Although it's similar to the NES Castlevaina in terms of running time, the game gives you a good reasons to replay it(Can't really say any more as it would a spoiler).

Negatives

. It's far to easy, I'm not very good at these's games yet I only hit the game over screen a few times.

.The last few bosses are disappointing. Again it's slightly unfair as the game can't just rip off the Castlevania boss but even with that said there's isn't boss as iconic as say Frankestain, Death or Dracula.

.Certain sub weapons are too powered, some of the more difficult platform section can be easily by pass by certain sub weapons(Although I don't think this is a major criticism as it was something common with the old Castlevainas)

.The boss fights aren't that interesting, they have normally 3 different ''move sets'' and then they'll repeat.

Overall it's been good fun to play.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I found a old 3ds around the house last year and downloaded the first Castlevania and I would say this game is very similar, there's even certain enemies taken from the old Castlevana game.

Since I've finished the game I'll list the positives and negatives(There's no spoilers)

Positives

.There's a good amount of variation of level design, it isn't simply working your way up to the top of the castle. There's a few different routes you can take throughout the game, it's nothing huge but nice to have and gives you another to replay the levels again.

.The soundtrack is really nice, not a iconic as the old Castlevanias but that's unfair bar to reach.

.The four playable characters all very different and I found myself constantly switching between the characters

.You can combine the different characters sub weapons together which leads to interesting combinations.

.There's somewhat of a interesting story, well it's slightly more interesting than fight the bad guy at the top of the castle.

.Although it's similar to the NES Castlevaina in terms of running time, the game gives you a good reasons to replay it(Can't really say any more as it would a spoiler).

Negatives

. It's far to easy, I'm not very good at these's games yet I only hit the game over screen a few times.

.The last few bosses are disappointing. Again it's slightly unfair as the game can't just rip off the Castlevania boss but even with that said there's isn't boss as iconic as say Frankestain, Death or Dracula.

.Certain sub weapons are too powered, some of the more difficult platform section can be easily by pass by certain sub weapons(Although I don't think this is a major criticism as it was something common with the old Castlevainas)

.The boss fights aren't that interesting, they have normally 3 different ''move sets'' and then they'll repeat.

Overall it's been good fun to play.
Nice one, thanks!

Shame to hear about the difficulty, since that's a big part of the old style games, but overall it sounds really good.

Ainu

Meh, Fallout 4 did nothing for me so I'm done with this series. Could use a new (offline) Elder Scrolls as Skyrim is 6-7 years old though.

The Bloody-Nine

Meh, Fallout 4 did nothing for me so I'm done with this series. Could use a new (offline) Elder Scrolls as Skyrim is 6-7 years old though.
I'm sure there's some system out there that they haven't released it on yet. The milking opportunities will never die.

'Skyrim: Game and Watch Edition' coming 2019.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Witcher 3 ruined Fallout and Skyrim for me. Bethesda need to seriously up their game.

I can't go back to sidequests of "Collect 5 bear pelts".

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Got myself a little project arrive this morning, just deciding if I’m gonna she’ll swap or do a full backlight and screen mod too

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Do the backlight mod, I want to do it sometime and I could do with some tips.
We will see, most likely I’m just gonna display it with other Nintendo stuff so could just be a waste.

I saw a mod where he put an SP screen in which looked wild

Ainu

Playing Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin after finishing Bloodborne and the DS1 remaster. I'd heard about this being a comparatively weak game but man, I didn't expect such a spectacular drop in quality. It's woefully unbalanced compared to those other games. Endless mob rushes, absurd weapon durability and everything feels so bland. Don't know what they were thinking with this one.

The Bloody-Nine

Playing Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin after finishing Bloodborne and the DS1 remaster. I'd heard about this being a comparatively weak game but man, I didn't expect such a spectacular drop in quality. It's woefully unbalanced compared to those other games. Endless mob rushes, absurd weapon durability and everything feels so bland. Don't know what they were thinking with this one.
Hidetaka Miyazaki didn't make it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I picked up the Witcher 3 in the Steam sales, can I jump right into it or should I play the others first?

Maxii

Paad
I picked up the Witcher 3 in the Steam sales, can I jump right into it or should I play the others first?
I played 2 before 3 to get a bit of back story, and 2 is a decent game. But looking back it probably wasn’t needed.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Probably blasphemy for some but I finished DS: Remastered and then jumped into DS2:SotFS and enjoy it way more. I think absence made the heart grow fonder for DS1, to be honest. Great game but there is plenty of unfinished crap in it.

In DS2 there is much more variety in weapons with a streamlined upgrade system with more materials so you're not limited to maxing 1/2 weapons per playthrough. Plus powerstancing!

The DLC is the best in the series by a distance with some of the best bosses and some brilliant NPC invasions.

What I don't understand is DS2 reworked a lot of areas in 18 months and made it a far better game but the "remaster" of DS still didn't do a thing to address crap like Lost Izalith despite 6 years of feedback.