Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Siorac

Fair enough, I'm probably not enough of a star wars fan to really appreciate it. I good star wars game for me would have to fall back on the gameplay.
It's a mediocre soulslike in terms of gameplay but still fun enough: attacks lack weight but slicing someone up with the lightsaber feels good. There aren't a ton of force powers and while exploration is fun, it's not particularly rewarding.

The story has a great premise with mediocre execution and predictable twists.

el3mel

Ubisoft games are like guilty pleasure for me. They're flawed and have ton of problems with how they construct their open world and storytelling, but they're still fun enough to play through till the end.

I'm playing Immortals Fenyx Rising at the moment and while it has pretty much all Ubisoft's formula problems (A map with ton of icons and repeated activities to grind so that you improve your character and incoherent storytelling) it's still pretty fun to play. As I said, it's guilty pleasure at this point. I don't think I'll ever rate a Ubisoft game higher than 7-8 though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Platinum #15 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (2015/PS4)

I had got most of the trophies early last year - was just the speedrun ones I needed to get the Plat and as I'm rubbish at doing things fast (see: my times on Astro), I delayed trying them for 10 months. Speedrun trophies ended up not being that bad in the end. So, I'm sorry the Platinum screenshot sucks but that's why.

As for the game itself, going through the Uncharted games last year for the first time was a great experience for me.

Irwin99

On Dark Souls 3 I got the Ancient Wyvern's health bar down over halfway by hacking at it's legs for 10-15 minutes or so and then realized what the game wanted me to do :lol:

I hope I enjoy Bloodbourne and Demon Souls as much.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
On Dark Souls 3 I got the Ancient Wyvern's health bar down over halfway by hacking at it's legs for 10-15 minutes or so and then realized what the game wanted me to do :lol:

I hope I enjoy Bloodbourne and Demon Souls as much.
Some of the same mechanics are there but Bloodborne is a much different beast to the Souls games. No hiding behind shields in Yharnam!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Never played a Soulsborne game until now - started Bloodborne a couple of hours ago and oh boy.
You'll get the bug.

Ideally you'd play Dark souls 1 as the first one, but BB is a more accessible (and I use that term incredibly loosely) game for a reason, and it's top tier. I hope you enjoy it, and don't be afraid to ask for tips and advice!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You'll get the bug.

Ideally you'd play Dark souls 1 as the first one, but BB is a more accessible (and I use that term incredibly loosely) game for a reason, and it's top tier. I hope you enjoy it, and don't be afraid to ask for tips and advice!
Thanks. I'm the kind of person who reads up a fair bit so got an idea of what to do to start with. Most difficult thing so far has been adjusting to no pause menu :lol:

Siorac

Thanks. I'm the kind of person who reads up a fair bit so got an idea of what to do to start with. Most difficult thing so far has been adjusting to no pause menu :lol:
God I wish I could play Bloodborne 'blind' again.

Ainu

Think I prefer Bloodborne overall as well, though in terms of pure combat mechanics I actually enjoyed Sekiro the most. There's something about the hyper focused combat of these two that seemed to click more with me than the multiple build potential of the Souls games. I played and completed all of them but these two are the only ones I platinumed - not necessarily to get the platinum, but just because I couldn't stop playing them.

Siorac

Think I prefer Bloodborne overall as well, though in terms of pure combat mechanics I actually enjoyed Sekiro the most. There's something about the hyper focused combat of these two that seemed to click more with me than the multiple build potential of the Souls games. I played and completed all of them but these two are the only ones I platinumed - not necessarily to get the platinum, but just because I couldn't stop playing them.
They're also a lot easier to platinum than the Souls games: some spells and rings being tied to covenants makes it a chore in Souls.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
God I wish Bloodborne would come to PC. It makes me tempted to get a PlayStation just to play it.

Irwin99

I've just finished DS3 and I've now completed all 3 Dark Souls games in succession :D . I'm really glad I gave the series another go after not really understanding the fuss a few years back.

Honestly couldn't pick a favourite, they all had their plus points and one or two minuses. If i had to score them I'd give them all 9 out of 10. The last boss for DS remastered remains my toughest opponent.

el3mel

I can't believe what have just happened. The Windows 10 told me about an accumulative update as usual, these small ones, I let it install and restart the Windows, then went on to C to make a disk cleanup to remove old update files. Guess what, after the cleanup pretty much all my Microsoft store games have uninstalled. :lol: :lol: The funniest shite in all of this is they weren't even installed on C, they were installed on another drive entirely.

No way I'm downloading +300GB of games again including Gears and stuff. Feck you Microsoft.

Last edited:

Redlambs

I can't believe what have just happened. The Windows 10 told me about an accumulative update as usual, these small ones, I let him install and restart the Windows, then went on to C to make a dick cleanup to remove old update files. Guess what, after the cleanup pretty much all my Microsoft store games have uninstalled. :lol: :lol: The funniest shite in all of this is they weren't even installed on C, they were installed on another drive entirely.

No way I'm downloading +300GB of games again including Gears and stuff. Feck you Microsoft.
You need to make sure they are actually fully deleted and not duplicated (likely on both drives). The MS store and Xbox app are absolute dogshite.

el3mel

You need to make sure they are actually fully deleted and not duplicated (likely on both drives). The MS store and Xbox app are absolute dogshite.
Their space on the drive has been evacuated and Xbox app list them as uninstalled. I even went on and took control of Windowsapp folder on the driver they were installed in and it's really empty. The C drive space hasn't changed much after the update and cleanup. Baffling really. :lol:

Redlambs

Their space on the drive has been evacuated and Xbox app list them as uninstalled. I even went on and took control of Windowsapp folder on the driver they were installed in and it's really empty. The C drive space hasn't changed much after the update and cleanup. Baffling really. :lol:
Yeah there's all sorts of screwy things that can happen. What do you mean by the C drive space hasn't changed much though, after 300gb of games were deleted?

Most importantly, is your dick clean now? Personal hygiene is important!

el3mel

Yeah there's all sorts of screwy things that can happen. What do you mean by the C drive space hasn't changed much though, after 300gb of games were deleted?

Most importantly, is your dick clean now? Personal hygiene is important!
:lol: I noticed this mistake and edited it in my original post.

The games weren't installed on C, they were installed on another drive. I don't install games on C to preserve its space, I just leave it for Windows and programs.

It's what makes it pretty weird, how can the update and cleanup on C deletes the games that were installed on another drive, I don't get it. :lol:

Last edited:

Redlambs

:lol: I noticed this mistake and edited it in my original post.

The games weren't installed on C, they were installed on another drive. I don't install games on C to preserve its space, I jus leave it for Windows and programs.

It's what makes it pretty weird, how can the update and cleanup on C deletes the games that were installed on another drive, I don't get it. :lol:
Windows is trash for it's core apps being on other drives, well it's trash for them being on it's installed drive too, but yeah that's a weird one. The apps updating is a huge problem with the store, it takes so little to corrupt them, so maybe after the windows update it attempted to check for updates and corrupted itself so wiped them rather than duplicate install. I heard they attempted recently to fix the duplication issue, so that might be how they "solved" it (classic MS style).

It's bizarre either way. Problems with the store is why I eventually fecked off the Gamepass on PC and just got the games I wanted on Steam sales.

el3mel

Windows is trash for it's core apps being on other drives, well it's trash for them being on it's installed drive too, but yeah that's a weird one. The apps updating is a huge problem with the store, it takes so little to corrupt them, so maybe after the windows update it attempted to check for updates and corrupted itself so wiped them rather than duplicate install. I heard they attempted recently to fix the duplication issue, so that might be how they "solved" it (classic MS style).

It's bizarre either way. Problems with the store is why I eventually fecked off the Gamepass on PC and just got the games I wanted on Steam sales.
It's a good thing I had neither of these games on the wait list to play and already played with otherwise I would have been damn mad about having to download them twice.

But yeah with this I think I'm done with the store. I was actually mad from the start they encrypt the games in hidden files with no possible way to back them up especially how ridiculously big games like Gears and Forza have become, approaching +100GB for some of them. If I ever needed a clean install of Windows, I would have lost them anyway. It's a trash design, all other stores allow you to back up your games. Steam just read all games installed in a library folder once you direct it to its location. Every store has a way to backup games bar Microsoft store, ridiculous.

Redlambs

It's a good thing I had neither of these games on the wait list to play and already played with otherwise I would have been damn mad about having to download them twice.

But yeah with this I think I'm done with the store. I was actually mad from the start they encrypt the games in hidden files with no possible way to back them up especially how ridiculously big games like Gears and Forza have become, approaching +100GB for some of them. If I ever needed a clean install of Windows, I would have lost them anyway. It's a trash design, all other stores allow you to back up your games. Steam just read all games installed in a library folder once you direct it to its location. Every store has a way to backup games bar Microsoft store, ridiculous.
Yeah the only game I have left on it is Sea of Thieves and it's stress every time it has to be updated. I just leave the computer well alone and pray to it the whole time :lol:

The whole system is trash how it works (the parties/party chat is absolute trashcan), which is why I still hate how the S/X uses it now (a system through a system through a system). Though at least on that there doesn't seem to be the same problems, for now anyway.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Got back into Apex Legends.

Loads of new characters that I'm locked out of and it's riddled with Battle Pass and microtransaction shit but it's still a great shooter.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Got back into Apex Legends.

Loads of new characters that I'm locked out of and it's riddled with Battle Pass and microtransaction shit but it's still a great shooter.
I loved it when it first came out, but it soon became evident I was well shit at competitive FPS games :lol: didn't have enough time to practice enough and others were playing all day every day so I just fell further behind. Always the same with competitive games tbh, you need to dedicate way too much time.

Kids are their damn 0.0001ms reaction times! *Shakes fist*

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I loved it when it first came out, but it soon became evident I was well shit at competitive FPS games :lol: didn't have enough time to practice enough and others were playing all day every day so I just fell further behind. Always the same with competitive games tbh, you need to dedicate way too much time.

Kids are their damn 0.0001ms reaction times! *Shakes fist*
Same, I'm fecking useless but the one good game I have in 10 attempts is worth it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 recently. Still get into games easy (if you wanna play attrition) and the game is still as incredible as I remember. Probably the best online shooter I've played. Really is exceptional.

AaronRedDevil

Playing AC Valhalla at the moment and can’t seem to talk to the tattoo person after the mission called “Carrying the Torch”. Bit of an annoying bug. Don’t want to spoil anything.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Have gotten back into The Division 2 and GTA Online recently.

it’s really good to see games like these continue to be supported by the developers with new content. Div 2 had a few missteps a while back but the game now is excellent!

GTA is incredible for what is essentially a 7 year old game. The new Cayo Perico heist is a lot of fun - and since it is something you can do solo and make $1m per run it is the best way to make money the game has ever had.

I’ve also started playing Wreckfest, which is in the sale. Really impressed by it - the driving model feels excellent and the races are really enjoyable :)

Siorac

I've started playing Eastshade with Gamepass and it's such a nice relaxing little game. No combat, just puzzles and exploration - and painting in a beautiful world. Very enjoyable.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I've started playing Eastshade with Gamepass and it's such a nice relaxing little game. No combat, just puzzles and exploration - and painting in a beautiful world. Very enjoyable.
I sauntered through that last year, really enjoyed it for £5 or something. Wasn’t sure at first but it kind of got hold of me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Game Pass is such a magical thing. I wouldn’t have played the two Ori games either if it wasn’t for it.

Redlambs

Game Pass is such a magical thing. I wouldn’t have played the two Ori games either if it wasn’t for it.
That's because you aren't a gamer. You just like to pretend so you can win pointless awards on some forum. The rest of us have already played most of the ancient games on that pass...

Alock will always be the bigger and better fanboy than you.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's because you aren't a gamer. You just like to pretend so you can win pointless awards on some forum. The rest of us have already played most of the ancient games on that pass...

Alock will always be the bigger and better fanboy than you.
Ooo I’m not a gamer. Right in the feels

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Platinum #15 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (2015/PS4)

I had got most of the trophies early last year - was just the speedrun ones I needed to get the Plat and as I'm rubbish at doing things fast (see: my times on Astro), I delayed trying them for 10 months. Speedrun trophies ended up not being that bad in the end. So, I'm sorry the Platinum screenshot sucks but that's why.

As for the game itself, going through the Uncharted games last year for the first time was a great experience for me.
You beat it on brutal?