Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ex_Machina
Decent film asks a few decent questions and a great performance from the robot woman. Felt slightly cheap but overall a nice surprise of a film 7/10

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Spring breakers - complete bollocks. A film with gratuitous tits and violence with Disney girls breaking bad and James Franco as a corn rowed wigga pimp may be near impossible to make into high art, but it should be even nearer impossible to make boring or at least unintentionally amusing. That it manages this, can rank as the films only achievement.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Spring breakers - complete bollocks. A film with gratuitous tits and violence with Disney girls breaking bad and James Franco as a corn rowed wigga pimp may be near impossible to make into high art, but it should be even nearer impossible to make boring or at least unintentionally amusing. That it manages this, can rank as the films only achievement.
Does Selina Gomez get 'em out?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No. The other one (who'd id always assumed was the same person anyway) does a bit, if you pause at the right time. But it can't even make a swimming pool threesome hold the attention....thats how bad it is.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I've just found out that Hank Azaria and John Hawkes are two different people. Mind, ever so slightly, blown.

Jippy

Staff
No. The other one (who'd id always assumed was the same person anyway) does a bit, if you pause at the right time. But it can't even make a swimming pool threesome hold the attention....thats how bad it is.
Let down. Feels like the movie equivalent of Kylie going bad girl dating Nick Cave and wearing black mascara and a thong.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Clouds of Sils Maria 3/10

Mindbendingly tedious film, with clunky changes of focus. I'm not a fan of film/play-within play/film but it gets really fecking tedious when the protagonists witter on about a play that you have no knowledge of.
The rehearsal scenes in the country house really dragged and the ending was very unsatisfying. I thought Binoche and Stewart were very good though.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
All Korine's films are dull, insincere and nasty. He enjoys belittling people. It's no small coincidence he was discovered by Larry Clark.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah pretty much. The anal sex gag was cut out of the version I saw too so it was pretty kid friendly.
They edit out 'black' 'lesbian' and 'terrorist' from the TV programs here, I'm surprised the 'fuch me in the assho' gag made it past the Censors.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Does Selina Gomez get 'em out?
A vast majority of the sexual content is actually presented in a dramatic and/or uncomfortable fashion. Very rarely is it meant to be comedic or taken lightly.

A man and two young women have sex in a swimming pool. We see all of them kissing, the man thrusts toward one of the young women as she holds and kisses the other young woman and we see them all nude and from various angles underwater (full female nudity, the man's buttocks is the only male nudity).

A woman is shown thrusting on top of a man who tells her that he likes it (we see her bare breasts, buttocks and abdomen and his bare chest) while another woman licks his toes (we see her fully naked).

Two women shower and wash each other while a man watches them (we see them fully naked).

Two young women kiss a man's nipples (we see part of the bare buttocks of one of the young women).

A young woman, fully nude, is briefly shown taking a shower her buttocks and nipples are briefly shown.

We see several scenes repeated of young men and young women in various stages of undress dancing on the beach and drinking heavily; bare breasts are shown repeatedly (one woman's bare breasts are repeatedly shown in extreme close-up while others pour beer over them) along with partially bare buttocks covered by skimpy bikinis.

A line of women bend over backwards on the beach while young men pour beer as though urinating over their exposed breasts.

A young man snorts a drug off a young woman's very low abdomen (near her genitals) and then licks her bare breasts (we see the breasts and nipple piercings).

A young man makes a remark about wanting to have sex with a young woman (she is intoxicated and lying on the floor wearing a bikini); the young woman pulls up her bikini top to reveal her bare breasts and teases the young man using crude terminology saying that they will not have sex. The young men each wear only a jockstrap at this time.

Two young women kiss while lying on the floor (we see the bare back of one of the young women as the other wraps her leg around her hip).

Two young women suggestively moan and shove two pistols into a man's mouth as he pantomimes oral sex onto the gun and then says that he "just sucked both of y'all's dicks."

A young woman's low-slung pants reveal her bare buttock cleavage and the top of her buttocks.

A woman uses a narrow ribbon to try to cover her vagina (we are still able to see).

Young men seen in jockstraps, buttocks visible.

A man asks four young women about performing sex acts on each other and if they are "experimenting."

A man talks about twin men that "share their women" and like "double penetration."

A young woman draws a heart with the words, "I want penis" in it and then kisses it; another girl draws a line drawing of a penis and pantomimes performing oral sex on it.

Feck knows what that means, but I'm sold as a 5 dollar whore! To the bat... i mean pirate cave!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Yeah pretty much. The anal sex gag was cut out of the version I saw too so it was pretty kid friendly.
It was a shit gag (no pun intended) and the film was probably better off without it. I really enjoyed the rest of the film though- a fun watch.

pauldyson1uk

San Andrea's Quake

:lol: what was I thinking , OK so I knew this would be by it is an Ayslum Film , but OMG did not think it would be that bad.
Everything about the film is just bad and bad is being kind.
Special effects, what special effects they are worse than the acting.
I mean 3 people are stood in from of a helicopter that is hit by a small plane and not even blown of their feet.

1/10

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Jacques Audiard won the Palm D'or at Cannes this year.

• Palme d'Or – Dheepan by Jacques Audiard
  • Grand Prix – Son of Saul by László Nemes
  • Best Director – Hou Hsiao-hsien for The Assassin
  • Best Screenplay – Michel Franco for Chronic
  • Best Actress
    • Rooney Mara for Carol
    • Emmanuelle Bercot for Mon roi
  • Best Actor – Vincent Lindon for The Measure of a Man
  • Jury Prize – The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos

pauldyson1uk

Icetastrophe

The film in a nut shell.
Asteroid hits town starting to celebrate Christmas, Santa gets flash frozen, people scream, people flee and good looking lead actor and actress save town just before everyone is flash frozen.

This was better than the last one I watch, but that was not saying much , decent story to it , the acting was a bit ropey.
The ending was just absolute rubbish.
What can I say I love crappy disaster films.

3/10

Jippy

Staff
A vast majority of the sexual content is actually presented in a dramatic and/or uncomfortable fashion. Very rarely is it meant to be comedic or taken lightly.

A man and two young women have sex in a swimming pool. We see all of them kissing, the man thrusts toward one of the young women as she holds and kisses the other young woman and we see them all nude and from various angles underwater (full female nudity, the man's buttocks is the only male nudity).

A woman is shown thrusting on top of a man who tells her that he likes it (we see her bare breasts, buttocks and abdomen and his bare chest) while another woman licks his toes (we see her fully naked).

Two women shower and wash each other while a man watches them (we see them fully naked).

Two young women kiss a man's nipples (we see part of the bare buttocks of one of the young women).

A young woman, fully nude, is briefly shown taking a shower her buttocks and nipples are briefly shown.

We see several scenes repeated of young men and young women in various stages of undress dancing on the beach and drinking heavily; bare breasts are shown repeatedly (one woman's bare breasts are repeatedly shown in extreme close-up while others pour beer over them) along with partially bare buttocks covered by skimpy bikinis.

A line of women bend over backwards on the beach while young men pour beer as though urinating over their exposed breasts.

A young man snorts a drug off a young woman's very low abdomen (near her genitals) and then licks her bare breasts (we see the breasts and nipple piercings).

A young man makes a remark about wanting to have sex with a young woman (she is intoxicated and lying on the floor wearing a bikini); the young woman pulls up her bikini top to reveal her bare breasts and teases the young man using crude terminology saying that they will not have sex. The young men each wear only a jockstrap at this time.

Two young women kiss while lying on the floor (we see the bare back of one of the young women as the other wraps her leg around her hip).

Two young women suggestively moan and shove two pistols into a man's mouth as he pantomimes oral sex onto the gun and then says that he "just sucked both of y'all's dicks."

A young woman's low-slung pants reveal her bare buttock cleavage and the top of her buttocks.

A woman uses a narrow ribbon to try to cover her vagina (we are still able to see).

Young men seen in jockstraps, buttocks visible.

A man asks four young women about performing sex acts on each other and if they are "experimenting."

A man talks about twin men that "share their women" and like "double penetration."

A young woman draws a heart with the words, "I want penis" in it and then kisses it; another girl draws a line drawing of a penis and pantomimes performing oral sex on it.

Feck knows what that means, but I'm sold as a 5 dollar whore! To the bat... i mean pirate cave!
:lol:'Buttock cleavage'

reelworld

San Andrea's Quake

:lol: what was I thinking , OK so I knew this would be by it is an Ayslum Film , but OMG did not think it would be that bad.
Everything about the film is just bad and bad is being kind.
Special effects, what special effects they are worse than the acting.
I mean 3 people are stood in from of a helicopter that is hit by a small plane and not even blown of their feet.

1/10
Wait, there's already an Asylum version of this movie? That was fast

Just finished watching Rosewater. Very solid directorial debut from Jon Stewart, like it. 7/10

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Jacques Audiard won the Palm D'or at Cannes this year.

• Palme d'Or – Dheepan by Jacques Audiard
  • Grand Prix – Son of Saul by László Nemes
  • Best Director – Hou Hsiao-hsien for The Assassin
  • Best Screenplay – Michel Franco for Chronic
  • Best Actress
    • Rooney Mara for Carol
    • Emmanuelle Bercot for Mon roi
  • Best Actor – Vincent Lindon for The Measure of a Man
  • Jury Prize – The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos
That's interesting. The reviews I've read of Dheepan really didn't like it.

Carol seemed to be the standout.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Cyclo - Tran Anh Hung (1995)

Film by the Anh Hung geezer famous for Scent of Green Papayas about the travails of a wayward youth in 90s Vietnam. Bizarre, sometimes difficult to follow, movie which flows through through the semi chaos of post war Hanoi and Ho Chi Min Citeh, becoming at times melodramatic and at times a surreal dose of social realism. Absolutely amazing cinematography. Too long though. Could´ve cut a half hour to 20 minutes off.

8 1/2 cocks up

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Watched Skeleton Twins mainly due to the good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Definitely not the light-hearted comedy you'd expect from a movie with Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader. Thought it was okay except for the ending which was ridiculous. 7/10.

Man of Leisure

That's disappointing to hear. Had this in my Netflix queue forever.

Ivor Ballokov

Source Code - I don't think I didn't get it, I just think it didn't make any sense. If you can get past that it's quite enjoyable, although not as good as Edge of Tomorrow, although that too had an awful ending.

A rare insight into Mockney's private life people, the big perv.

Ivor Ballokov

Ruby Sparks - Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan, Zoe Kazan.
Zoe Kazan/10

Scrumpet

There are no words
Poltergeist (2015) - Atrocious. No redeeming qualities. The worst movie I've seen in years, and I saw Unfriended a couple of weeks ago.

Man of Leisure

A Most Wanted Man - 9/10. Smart, espionage thriller that I really enjoyed. As far as spy movies go, this seemed more realistic than most. On a sidenote, it's also Philip Seymour Hoffman's last movie. Great acting from him as usual.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Icetastrophe

The film in a nut shell.
Asteroid hits town starting to celebrate Christmas, Santa gets flash frozen, people scream, people flee and good looking lead actor and actress save town just before everyone is flash frozen.

This was better than the last one I watch, but that was not saying much , decent story to it , the acting was a bit ropey.
The ending was just absolute rubbish.
What can I say I love crappy disaster films.

3/10
:lol: that title

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Chappie
Whilst Ex Machina was a thinking man's AI film, this was an AI film aimed more at the general public. I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. The idea was decent, Chappie was a loveable character and I felt sympathetic for him throughout but the film was a bit of a mess in terms of plot and characterization. Also, the ending was awful and some of the acting was high school level. These things made me find it really difficult to really get engrossed in the film 6/10

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Cold in July

Synthtastic 80's soundtrack and Dexter rocking a mullet. I fell asleep half way through (this is no indication of the films quality btw as I was just knackered) but was woken up by an extremely loud and violent gunfight.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Mad Max: Fury Road
Wow! This was truly a visual masterpiece. I don't know how the director even thought of some of the stunts, let alone execute them without relying completely on CGI. It truly was a non-stop action-packed chase scene from start to finish... kind of like Fast & Furious on steroids, which is exactly my type of film. However, it could have at least tried to incorporate a slightly better storyline. Also, there were many things that were left unexplained and there were a few moments that Tom Hardy nearly turned into Bane with his voice/accent. Also, the non-stop action kind of desensitises you a little bit and many moments that would have been stand-outs in other films kind of get lost in the malaise. Still, if you are in the mood for mind blowing action and stunts then this is the film for you. Just try make every effort to watch it in the cinema. 8/10

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Mad Max: Fury Road
Wow! This was truly a visual masterpiece. I don't know how the director even thought of some of the stunts, let alone execute them without relying completely on CGI. It truly was a non-stop action-packed chase scene from start to finish... kind of like Fast & Furious on steroids, which is exactly my type of film. However, it could have at least tried to incorporate a slightly better storyline. Also, there were many things that were left unexplained and there were a few moments that Tom Hardy nearly turned into Bane with his voice/accent. Also, the non-stop action kind of desensitises you a little bit and many moments that would have been stand-outs in other films kind of get lost in the malaise. Still, if you are in the mood for mind blowing action and stunts then this is the film for you. Just try make every effort to watch it in the cinema. 8/10
Yes! :lol: I wondered if I was the only one who had noticed this, it was very surprising (especially a moment when he was speaking to Furiosa). To be fair though, given the filming conditions with re-shoots several months after, it might have been difficult to be consistent so Theron was right to choose the safe option and do not accent at all! :lol:

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Couple of old ones.

Natural Born Killers - absolute rubbish, bad beyond belief 3/10

Leon - absolute masterpiece 9,5/10