g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 11/12 | Season Preview Part 1 | Can anyone challenge altodevil and the Lakers? | Still open to sign-ups

Dan

Good update nimic.

My team is not as bad as I thought they were, at least i’m not in the Knicks. :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Good god my team is ass. Hopefully my 'winning' motivation gets me to a better squad pronto. hobbers looks like a monster, both stats and appearance wise.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Feel bad for the Doc, worst team and not even making the starting five.

Hobbers drank way too much of his KoolAid I guess.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Get me off this shite team. I can't even start because these scrubs in Charlotte. At least it looks like I'm improving a lot.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You're currently tipped to go #1 in the draft, but it's a very strong draft class so anything could happen.
That could be because @sebsheep used 825 pts in his build not 725 :lol:

Ratings: you have a total of 725 points to allocate to the following attributes (1-100):
  • Height: 60
  • Strength: 60
  • Speed: 70
  • Jumping: 50
  • Endurance: 70
  • Inside scoring: 75
  • Dunks/Layups: 60
  • Free Throws: 50
  • Mid Range: 40
  • Three Pointers: 45
  • Offensive IQ: 70
  • Defensive IQ: 20
  • Dribbling: 60
  • Passing: 40
  • Rebounding: 55

Dan

Put his jumping and endurance down to zero as punishment.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why you little...!

Give me your changes and I'll sort you out.
  • Strength: 55
  • Speed: 65
  • Endurance: 60
  • Inside scoring: 65
  • Dunks/Layups: 50
  • Free Throws: 45
  • Mid Range: 45
  • Three Pointers: 40
  • Offensive IQ: 65
  • Defensive IQ: 10
  • Dribbling: 50
  • Passing: 30
  • Rebounding: 35
I think that adds up to 725...

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
  • Strength: 55
  • Speed: 65
  • Endurance: 60
  • Inside scoring: 65
  • Dunks/Layups: 50
  • Free Throws: 45
  • Mid Range: 45
  • Three Pointers: 40
  • Offensive IQ: 65
  • Defensive IQ: 10
  • Dribbling: 50
  • Passing: 30
  • Rebounding: 35
I think that adds up to 725...

nimic

something nice
Scout
97/98 All Star Weekend

Again nobody in the 3-Point Contest, and again the same participants in the Slam Dunk Contest and the All Star Game.

@Salt Bailly is very ambitious, to the point where he doesn't always manage to complete his dunks. Still, at least he was there.

@altodevil was again selected for the All Star Game, though this time he didn't play as much, or as well. This time he actually won, though. He ended with 4/6/2 (points, rebounds, assists), as well as 3 steals and 2 blocks.

97/98 Playoffs

nimic

something nice
Scout
97/98 Playoffs are here! I'll do it round by round in one post later (with spoilers), but first I'll just present the teams. I predict that the next few seasons are going to be a lot busier than this one, as you're still mostly on bad teams. This year actually sees fewer of you in the playoffs than last season, surprisingly.

First of all, here are the regular season standings.

Eastern Conference

In the East, two Cafites made it to the playoffs this year. @Salt Bailly has now made the playoffs in all three of his seasons with the Bucks, though he is yet to make it past the First Round. @Dan will have his second outing, this time quite impressively as the #3 seed. Last year he made it to the Conference Semis. @altodevil's Cavaliers take a step back from last year, while @Dr. Dwayne's Knicks and @oneniltothearsenal's Hornets are miles away. Dr. Dwayne seems okay with it. oneniltothearsenal? He gone.

Western Conference

From the West, only @Stobzilla and the Grizzlies make it, as the #8 seed. @hobbers and his Trailblazers are quite far away from making it, though not as far as the @Solius - @The Cat Superteam. Sorry, that should say Supersonics. Still, at least this means that 4 out of the 5 worst records are teams with Cafites on them, which means it's quite likely that some of you will be getting new friends in the draft.

Playoff Bracket

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
What happened to prime Bulls?

nimic

something nice
Scout
97/98 Playoffs and Season Review

Playoffs

I was going to be a bit more comprehensive, and use spoilers to create tension, all that good stuff that maniak does in his classic CM Experiments. But then this made all that rather redundant.

Yes, everyone went out in the first round. Only Dan managed to take a game off his opponents. Here are their playoff stats:

Points/rebounds/assists
@Dan: 14/4/2 (and 2 steals)
@Salt Bailly: 15/8/1 (and 3 blocks)
@Stobzilla: 9/11/3

Not a bad set of performances, all things considered.

Season Awards

Teams

@altodevil with another good showing, though he dropped from First to Third Team All-League since last season. @hobbers also with his second showing in the All-Defensive First Team. Quite surprisingly none of our rookies (@Solius, @Stobzilla, @The Cat) made it onto the Rookie Team. In their defense, it was quite a strong rookie class, and all of the selected rookies improved surprisingly much. Solius was 6th in voting, Stobzilla 9th.

Individual

Another Defensive Player of the Year award for altodevil. I can also reveal that hobbers was 4th in voting for that award. Also, @oneniltothearsenal was 3rd in voting for Most Improved Player.

altodevil

attributes go up, stats go down. Must be the teammates at fault.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll take 6th in voting.

We'll likely get another Caf prodigy in our draft pick right? Since we were dogshit all season.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'll take 6th in voting.

We'll likely get another Caf prodigy in our draft pick right? Since we were dogshit all season.
Assuming you don't get screwed by the draft lottery. For those who don't know, it's not a straight "worst to best" in the draft, at least not for the high picks. The worse your regular season record is, the higher a % chance you have to get a good pick. So the worst team has the best chance to get the #1 pick, but they're still statistically more likely to not get it. That's how Salt Bailly ended up on Milwaukee, who only had the 9th worst record, but won the 1.3% chance to get the #1 pick.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Assuming you don't get screwed by the draft lottery. For those who don't know, it's not a straight "worst to best" in the draft, at least not for the high picks. The worse your regular season record is, the higher a % chance you have to get a good pick. So the worst team has the best chance to get the #1 pick, but they're still statistically more likely to not get it. That's how Salt Bailly ended up on Milwaukee, who only had the 9th worst record, but won the 1.3% chance to get the #1 pick.
Am I right in thinking it was originally a straight worst to best but they introduced the lottery to change it because teams were tanking deliberately?

97/98 End of Season Review

nimic

something nice
Scout

altodevil

Give me an offensive star to pair with, and we'd win every game