The right winger market…

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
RW has to be our biggest priority behind perhaps CB. Antony is a poor player. Mount and Rashford aren't RWs, Pellistri will never be good enough to hold that position down for us, and Amad is still an unknown.

It's been a problem position for us for a decade and our best 'solutions' of late have been Greewnood, Antony, and Sancho. Enough said
RW has to be our biggest priority behind perhaps CB. Antony is a poor player. Mount and Rashford aren't RWs, Pellistri will never be good enough to hold that position down for us, and Amad is still an unknown.

It's been a problem position for us for a decade and our best 'solutions' of late have been Greewnood, Antony, and Sancho. Enough said
Greenwood was the true solution to that position, he was head and shoulders above Antony and Sancho for us and its just unfortunate that he's an 'orrible cnut.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Once we can actually sell Antony and Sancho, then we should buy one. Bad squad building to stockpile failed players... Needs to be clean imo.
Again, sell to who, for how much exactly?

The only teams that can afford to match their wages don’t want them, never mind a transfer fee on top. Neither would get in the top teams based on their Manchester United careers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The only teams that can afford to match their wages don’t want them, never mind a transfer fee on top. Neither would get in the top teams based on their Manchester United careers.
Eventually we'll sell them, but yeah the question is when we'll be able to. We should be able to find a buyer for Sancho. Antony won't be sold any time soon I'd imagine, but if we could sell him then of course we should sell him.

The Irish Connection

Who to, though? Think about the finances of this one. You’ve got two of the highest paid players in the league, both massively underperforming. There are maybe 7-8 clubs outside of Saudi who can afford to match their wage and contract - but if they are struggling in an average Manchester United team, why would Manchester City or Real Madrid want them?

Manchester United for a while now have used a dreadful transfer strategy, whereby they buy at a player’s career peak price, and sell/release at their lowest. This means they end up amortising huge fees for very mediocre/underperforming players (too many to list in the last decade) with little to no resale value.

So to go back to your highlighted suggestion above, sell? For a transfer fee? The reality is both of their market values have at least halved, and meanwhile they are on massive expensive deals few clubs could match even if offered the players for free.

The best outcome would be loans to get the wages off the books. But that isn’t going to provide £Xm to go out and spend on a shiny new RW.
there's nothing shiny about it, it's simply having a starting right winger good enough for man United.
we can't just double down on our errors.

I agree it will be difficult to sell, but Dortmund and Saudi have shown interest in Sancho.
and I'm sure mid table clubs in slower leagues might offer a bit for Antony, but obviously no where near 85m. maybe wishful thinking, but that side needs to be sorted once and for all.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hard to believe that we still need a right winger….
I have high hopes for Amad but he has been out for a long time. We just bought Antony so we are stuck with him, only Sancho will be gone

Lee565

Neto of wolves, he seems the typical man city/Liverpool type of winger of recent times.

gfactor86

You might be able to get around £50m for the pair of them. A huge financial loss. Anyone from any other world would rightly lose their job for such waste of funds.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Neto of wolves, he seems the typical man city/Liverpool type of winger of recent times.
Yeah he's too logical for us to buy. Seems to make too much sense.

Savio looks incredible for Girona and can play comfortably on the left and right. Only 19, on loan from Troyes. Been one of the best players in La Liga, if he signs for Girona, that's a problem given their associated with City.

DanClancy

Seems to get a lot of injuries and doesn't score enough goals just yet but there's no doubt he's a huge talent. Fairly sue he recently signed a new contract so would take huge money to sign him and don't think United can afford to spend another £70m on a right winger who's not the finished article.

gajender

Savio looks incredible for Girona and can play comfortably on the left and right. Only 19, on loan from Troyes. Been one of the best players in La Liga, if he signs for Girona, that's a problem given their associated with City.
Troyes is also part of City Group .

The Irish Connection

This lad looks very good for his age. One to keep an eye on.
City have enough wingers.

The-Mezzala

The kid Bardghji seems the most sensible option. Cheaper market value compared to the Olise /Neto types. Not sure we can sign another right winger for big money. Unless we get good money for Sancho . Had high hopes for Amad but struggling for fitness is a huge concern. Another huge error by this joke of a transfer team signing Antony for that fee.

Crashoutcassius

We need a replacement winger for Sancho right away.
We aren't spending 80m on olise in January.
There have to be some decent options out there. We aren't trying to sign a future world beater, just depth that ETH will need if he is to save his job

Crashoutcassius

You might be able to get around £50m for the pair of them. A huge financial loss. Anyone from any other world would rightly lose their job for such waste of funds.
TBF Sancho was a fair price for one of the best wingers in the world, English, at that age. Just hasn't panned out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's even worse imo.
I think he has potential, although admittedly, I've not watched much this season. He's a lot younger than Malen and think he has the raw tools to be a good goalscoring threat from wide.

Redstain

I think he has potential, although admittedly, I've not watched much this season. He's a lot younger than Malen and think he has the raw tools to be a good goalscoring threat from wide.
He's been terrible, think there's far better options like Olise, Edwards and Neto even.

Lux Thunder

Johan Bakayoko from PSV looks like the next exciting winger in Europe, almost like Doku’s regen on another side - Belgium could be really exciting to watch in the upcoming EURO 2024.

Lee565

Why not just go with tried and tested in premier league instead of taking more big money gamble for overseas players that has failed us so many times, bowen would be a safe bet and fit eth demands

Lux Thunder

Fabrizio Romano shared Catalan newspaper Sport report that Man United have offered Jadon Sancho for Raphinha swap deal.

Any thoughts ? If I remember it correctly, back in summer 2022. it was practically a Raphinha vs Antony race for the RW spot here on the forum.

luke511

Fabrizio Romano shared Catalan newspaper Sport report that Man United have offered Jadon Sancho for Raphinha swap deal.

Any thoughts ? If I remember it correctly, back in summer 2022. it was practically a Raphinha vs Antony race for the RW spot here on the forum.
We’d better off with the money, or waiting until the summer to assess how good Amad and Antony are as our two options. I can’t be arsed with Raphinha taking Amad’s place in the squad, as it’s not going to be Antony that takes a hike.

DanClancy

We’d better off with the money, or waiting until the summer to assess how good Amad and Antony are as our two options. I can’t be arsed with Raphinha taking Amad’s place in the squad, as it’s not going to be Antony that takes a hike.
A fair point, can you think of a team who'd want Sancho and have a centre forward they don't want in terms of loan deals?

Redstain

Olise makes the most sense as he's a creative wide player can cross into Hojlund runs and if necessary can cut in and shoot.

DanClancy

Olise makes the most sense as he's a creative wide player can cross into Hojlund runs and if necessary can cut in and shoot.
I know he had a clause in his contract previously but wonder is their one in his new contract?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

He'd be decent. More of a dribbler with the ball, more direct than antony, quicker, would look to cross and create. Don't think he's anything special. But more use than Sancho.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why not just go with tried and tested in premier league instead of taking more big money gamble for overseas players that has failed us so many times, bowen would be a safe bet and fit eth demands
Like when we brought Sanchez in, who was rated one of the best in the league at the time?

Bojan Djordjic

Soulé from Frosinone looks really good and he's Argentinian which I always think is a good thing as they're usually tough little feckers (except for ADM).

If we're doing Sancho swaps with Dortmund, I wouldn't mind Schlotterbeck to cover LCB for us. Always good for a few goals every season too which is a huge bonus at United.

davidmichael

If we can move Sancho on then I’d be all for bringing in Raphinha on loan as he’d be an upgrade, Brazilian international regular, proven in the PL and his wages are almost certainly less than Sancho’s are although I’d rather we go for a better option for next season than Raphinha.

If I could I’d happily move on Sancho, Antony and Pellestri then bring in either Marcus Edwards from Sporting or Olise from Palace and if I’m honest I’d bring Greenwood back IF Ineos do a thorough due diligence check on him from January (if they’re in by then) as his off pitch stuff has always been his biggest problem.

Maximilian Seestaller

Bring back greenwood in january is the only possible Option because of the ffp. I dont understand why Antony can Play but our own boy have to Go to another Club. He shows there how good He is. The athlethico Madrid Game was masterclass.

Redivy

As exciting as Raphinha could be to watch, what we need more than anything is a player with high end product. I dont think Raphinha is that type of player.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Bring back greenwood in january is the only possible Option because of the ffp. I dont understand why Antony can Play but our own boy have to Go to another Club. He shows there how good He is. The athlethico Madrid Game was masterclass.
Curious… you joined nearly nine years ago and just posted first ever message?

El-Manos

Johan Bakayoko from PSV looks like the next exciting winger in Europe, almost like Doku’s regen on another side - Belgium could be really exciting to watch in the upcoming EURO 2024.
I’d love him Here. Has really impressed in europe