The Road Trip Draft Grand Finale: Indnyc vs Skizzo/Pat_Mustard

Who will win the match based on all the players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Congrats @Indnyc nice to see a themed team win finally.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Congrats @Indnyc :)

Lots has been written about your attack, your fullbacks etc. as game-winners, but I like to think having Fillol in goal saved your ass a few times. Not because he is the greatest keeper ever or something, but because he is good enough that he is not a significant disadvantage while some managers like Skizzo/Pat or harms argued about Schmeichel and Yashin respectively to be much superior to get some votes. Nothing wrong with that of course, just that I think it didn't resound as much with the voters as it could have if you had a weaker name there.

I like to use goalkeepers as kicker if it is super close and this was super close, but Fillol was just about good enough to not be a reason to vote against you, at least for me.

Hard luck @Pat_Mustard @Skizzo , I probably championed your side like no one other in some of the matches, but I just couldn't get myself to vote here. Still I'm extremely happy for a side being build around Muller and Kaizer to go all the way to the final, especially that Muller is finally seen as a decisive figure and the GOAT goalscorer he undoubtedly is (next to Pele).

Skizzo

Lots has been written about your attack, your fullbacks etc. as game-winners, but I like to think having Fillol in goal saved your ass a few times. Not because he is the greatest keeper ever or something, but because he is good enough that he is not a significant disadvantage while some managers like Skizzo/Pat or harms argued about Schmeichel and Yashin respectively to be much superior to get some votes. Nothing wrong with that of course, just that I think it didn't resound as much with the voters as it could have if you had a weaker name there.

I like to use goalkeepers as kicker if it is super close and this was super close, but Fillol was just about good enough to not be a reason to vote against you, at least for me.

Hard luck @Pat_Mustard @Skizzo , I probably championed your side like no one other in some of the matches, but I just couldn't get myself to vote here. Still I'm extremely happy for a side being build around Muller and Kaizer to go all the way to the final, especially that Muller is finally seen as a decisive figure and the GOAT goalscorer he undoubtedly is (next to Pele).
Cheers mate. Appreciate all your input and posts along the way. It’s nice hearing more information from knowledgeable posters, especially in regards to specifics. Much like Anto with South Americans, and Edgar with nonsense, some posters shine in certain areas.

Indnyc

Cheers mate. Appreciate all your input and posts along the way. It’s nice hearing more information from knowledgeable posters, especially in regards to specifics. Much like Anto with South Americans, and Edgar with nonsense, some posters shine in certain areas.
:lol::lol:

To be fair, he made a great point on Matthews vs. Santos in this thread

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
For what it's worth, it seems people treat Carlos as an old vintage of Marcelo. He actually was remarkably good for an attacking leftback (top 5 of all time, without a shadow of a doubt) and the right sort of match for Best.

He certainly had the spunk to embrace that challenge and rise to it, which is probably 30% of what is required. Most would just get humilliated and go on to look miserably out of sorts for 60-70 minutes. I don't think Carlos would, not for a minute.

Congrats @Indnyc, great drafting there!

Indnyc

For what it's worth, it seems people treat Carlos as an old vintage of Marcelo. He actually was remarkably good for an attacking leftback (top 5 of all time, without a shadow of a doubt) and the right sort of match for Best.

He certainly had the spunk to embrace that challenge and rise to it, which is probably 30% of what is required. Most would just get humilliated and go on to look miserably out of sorts for 60-70 minutes. I don't think Carlos would, not for a minute.

Thanks. I agree on Carlos which is why my posts rarely focused on criticizing the opposition as there weren't any flaws there.

The only strategy that worked was to try overloading the flanks as centrally they were incredibly strong

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Cheers lads! Muller has been a proper godsend for us in this draft. I still can't believe that we got him in Round 3 of the initial drafting.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Aye, from memory he had some good battles with Figo in the latter's Barca days. He didn't always come out on top but generally seemed to acquit himself well enough defensively while still trying to impose himself going forward too. And as you say he wasn't the sort to retreat into his shell if he was facing adversity.