The Rojo/Herrera/Di Maria/Mata bromance

Glanville95

It's great to see, I just hope it isn't a clique forming within the squad. You can see from each of the goals and off the pitch also how highly the Hispanic players also appreciate and admire Rooney, so hopefully it becomes a close-knit, bonding squad opposed to just four or five players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor Di Maria, being in close proximity to those 3 highlighted his misfortunes even more :(
I think he'll take looking less attractive when he has the ability to put in performances like that. :p

Will Singh

Long May it last, as long as they all mingle with the other players (non Hispanic) then it's all good and I really hope Juan Mata has a future here because yesterday when he went off showed what he brings to the team in terms of balance and link up play.

Did anyone see Falcao celebrate when Mata scored?:drool:

Maroo

It is what happens when you have players who are desperate to play for a team. He seemed genuinely distraught after it didn't work out when we first tried to get him. Am really happy that he is here now.
Absolutely. His behaviour was impeccable in the saga last year too. Waiting for him to break into that Spain midfield now!

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Long May it last, as long as they all mingle with the other players (non Hispanic) then it's all good and I really hope Juan Mata has a future here because yesterday when he went off showed what he brings to the team in terms of balance and link up play.

Did anyone see Falcao celebrate when Mata scored?:drool:
I thought that was hilarious, he just combined warming up with celebrating.

Soon he'll we'll be celebrating him!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ander Herrera added so much to the team yesterday in term's of spirit. The way he celebrated goals with the rest of the "bromance gang" + Rooney & RVP was so good to watch. One can already see him becoming a glue in the dressing room!
I really like Herrera as a player and I was delighted when we bought him. But seeing him looking so pleased to be out there playing and his reaction to the goals, I keep getting this image of a big Labrador puppy rushing up to celebrate. It's ridiculously cute :lol:

SirAF

Ageist
I really like Herrera as a player and I was delighted when we bought him. But seeing him looking so pleased to be out there playing and his reaction to the goals, I keep getting this image of a big Labrador puppy rushing up to celebrate. It's ridiculously cute :lol:
It is! :lol:

We seem to have a good proper spirit around in the squad now.. hopefully this group will be as tight knight as our previous teams! Certainly looks good.

Maroo

:lol::lol::lol: Thats an awesome comparison
Really glad we bought him, brings such an awesome attitude to the table. Was reading Mitten's article on him the other day, and really enjoyed this bit:

“I’m going to show you why we won at Old Trafford,” said the Basque of the game in 2012. “Only the players know this. This is the Old Trafford dressing room the night before the match.”

Herrera pressed play. In the clip the entire Athletic team are sitting down looking at the camera. Tracksuited, they look serious. Then, “Sexy And I Know It” by LMFAO starts up. The team maintain their solemn expressions, yet all move in tandem, a sit down dance left and right. It looked brilliant.

“Look at the size of (Fernando) Llorente!” laughed Herrera. “Look at the team spirit. You can’t beat it. It’s an example of how the atmosphere in a team is fundamental to winning things. That wasn’t the idea of anyone. We just did it.”

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I know that players will naturally gravitate towards those who speak the same language. My point was more about hoping that those cliques don't start affecting the team e.g. the divide between Madrid's Spanish vs. Portuguese factions, or Swansea's Spanish contingent vs. rest of the team. Highly unlikely that it'll happen at United though. By all accounts LVG wants the whole team to mingle together e.g. eating together, all speaking English.
What divide in Madrid? They were divided last season with Coentrao, Ronaldo and Pepe playing alongside those Spaniards? I only ever saw rumors from the media, mainly Marca, and those guys love a good soap so I don't find them very reliable. One or two unhappy players does not equal to a divide between two cliques.

I don't expect anything like this from our current bunch of player. SAF always had things under control and only signed players if they had the right temperament. Only wildcard I could foresee from the new bunch is Rojo but that's only because I know nothing about him compared to the others.

Sam

The more I think about it, and watch the new lads all bonding a forming a new hierarchy as LVG keeps saying, the more I feel that it was the right decision to let go so many players. Especially the more senior ones. The squad had become stale and desperately needed freshening up with new blood and players ready to fight for the club again. The fact there is such a Latino vibe going on is just even better as it should mean a even closer knit squad. There certainly seems to be a togetherness that we haven't seen for a few years.

Ibi Dreams

Regarding these players potentially getting cliquey, the great thing is that Herrera, Mata and Falcao already speak good English. As does Blind. So that's three of our new signings that can instantly get on and communicate with the rest of the players easily.

Dunk

Body language expert
There's a Latino/Dutch thing going on at our club. Proper modern and cool we are. We still have plenty of British players in Shaw, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Young, Blackett and Rooney.

penalty snot

There's a Latino/Dutch thing going on at our club. Proper modern and cool we are. We still have plenty of British players in Shaw, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Young, Blackett and Rooney.
Carrick? Fletcher? Amos? Wilson? Lindgard? James? Keane?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Regarding these players potentially getting cliquey, the great thing is that Herrera, Mata and Falcao already speak good English. As does Blind. So that's three of our new signings that can instantly get on and communicate with the rest of the players easily.
There was a story in the Daily Mail that Blind, Van Persie and Falcao got dinner together with Danny Blind, Kluivert and their wives after the game.

Sam

Just to add to the whole team chemistry thing, did I completely imagine it, or did all the lads get together before kick off and do a bit of a huddle, with high fives and all that malarkey? If so, I don't remember us ever doing that before.

Possibly something Rooney has implemented? He certainly seems more vocal and pally with his team mates then I've ever seen him before.

justboy68

Just to add to the whole team chemistry thing, did I completely imagine it, or did all the lads get together before kick off and do a bit of a huddle, with high fives and all that malarkey? If so, I don't remember us ever doing that before.

Possibly something Rooney has implemented? He certainly seems more vocal and pally with his team mates then I've ever seen him before.
I noticed in the dugout before the game that Rooney was working his way down the line talking to the new guys Herrera, Rojo etc. Di Maria excluded, he obviously didn't require any help. Good to see from Rooney though, seems to be really taking his role as captain seriously.

Sam

Look like the whole squad might have been there, told you this lot were bonding well..

izec

Look like the whole squad might have been there, told you this lot were bonding well..

posted this already in the United squad photo thread. Young Adnan was also there. I assume Falcao and RvP werent there.

Sam

He wrote 'Eating with my Spanish friends' Seriously loving this :drool:

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Loving this new team vibe. I agree with those saying that the clear out was needed. Sure, right now the team has a lot of new players that us fans don't really know, but it's great to see them bonding with each other and hopefully it will translate onto the pitch soon.

JUPITER

Loving this new team vibe. I agree with those saying that the clear out was needed. Sure, right now the team has a lot of new players that us fans don't really know, but it's great to see them bonding with each other and hopefully it will translate onto the pitch soon.
Last Sunday says 'hi'!

Kyonn

I got to give Rooney credit, he looks fitter than I've ever seen him.