The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

But when it comes to taxes we don’t have a choice. If you don’t pay them you go to prison. We also can’t choose what the governments spend that tax money on.
You are 100% right, and I don't say you should stop paying taxes to your country. What I wanted to say is that why stop watching united if it is owned by the Saudis, I find it strange to understand.
Anyhow I am very sorry if I offended anyone here and apologize for dragging the thread to things other than football. This is my last post about it.

decorativeed

I am sorry you couldn't guess it, it is easy to know I come from Iraq. and believe what ever you want my friend.
You can criticise the UK government as much as you like, but don't you think that the fact that most of the UK people opposed the invasion of Iraq - a million marched to protest against it, and many MPs opposed it too - means we were not complicit as a nation. The blame lies with a few individuals.

It'd be hypocritical if we rejected the idea of a Saudi royal family takeover while welcoming Tony Blair, but otherwise I can't see how it is.

We have no choice but to pay taxes to our government, by the way, regardless of how it will be spent. I'm not sure which country you live in where that's a thing that is allowed.

Yakuza_devils

I think we should leave politic out of football. Man Utd is a global brand and there are many supporters outside the western world. To many, there are no different between American or Saudi Arabia ownership. Many claim that China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and many others (especially less developed nations or Muslim countries) are brutal regimes but sometime reality on the ground can be far from what was portrayed by western media.

You will also find in these countries major western powers are doing trillions of dollar business with them. And worst of all, many of these "poor" countries are exploited by big western powers especially in oil and gas, defence supply, technology and etc.

Man Utd is a business listed in NY Stock Exchange which can be owned by anyone regardless of race, religion or nationality.

Bestietom

How do you know?

I can’t see anyone reputable that has recently mentioned that this is going to happen.

Personally want the Glazers out but nothing anywhere suggests that they are wanting to sell.
There is seldom smoke without fire, and if one or two of the Glazer family want to sell. This will start the ball rolling and eventually turn the others round. These Saudi's seem determined according to what we hear.

Needham

Biggest load of shit ever posted on any forum.
Absolute waste of time trying to explain to him Utd is a football club in England not one owned by the government of the United Kingdom, and that's before you get to the specious fantasy labeling the country's systems as morally equivalent. Some people do not want the club to be owned by a theocratic regime. That is all.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Absolute waste of time trying to explain to him Utd is a football club in England not one owned by the government of the United Kingdom, and that's before you get to the specious fantasy labeling the country's systems as morally equivalent. Some people do not want the club to be owned by a theocratic regime. That is all.
Tbf, you can see how this might be an emotive issue for him. Don’t think you can blame him.

MisterLupus

Ridiculous comparing Saudi Arabia to China and even more so to claim the UK - yes even the plutocracy known s the United States - are just as bad. Talk about having lost the plot and exhibiting a complete lack of perspective. Like I stated previously - all nations have their skeletons but some are definitely worse than others. To claim that "just because Y isn't perfect it must be considered every bit as bad as X" is such a simplistic statement you'd have to be either a simpleton to adhere to it or really eager to excuse something that's inexcusable seen from a more intelligent and enlightened point of view.

If you want to know which nations are more benign - which countries treats it's population better - it's quite easy really. All you have to do is follow the stream of immigrants and refugees - and you'll soon find which nations humans are running away from and where they're running to. And last I checked there was no mass exodus from neither China, the UK or the US towards Saudi Arabia - and if there were the Saudis would probably be just as "welcoming" towards these immigrants as they've always been towards those of other nations.

Just ask yourselves - where would you rather take your family to live? China, the UK, the US or Saudi Arabia? And if your answer is any but the latter - then how do you justify claiming the others are "just as bad?" And if you feel you need to educate yourself then just seek out some of the countless Arab refugees who've flocked to the west and ask them where they feel most comfy - and why. Because this is not just "a western perspective" - there are plenty of people native to that region now living among us who are absolutely terrified of having to go there - and rightly so.

Castia

This thread should be locked there's been no news in months and people are just arguing over the same shit time and time again.

Worst thread on the Caf.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This thread is tedious but every week or so there's a new source regarding this, makes no sense to close this thread.

Believe me this thread is a pain to moderate so I'd close this thread in an instant but it doesn't make sense.

There's an ignore thread option the top right. People should use that.

Giggsyking

Out of interest what is the football following there like? I can’t imagine English football clubs are popular.
Roughly 35% Barcelona, 35% Real Madrid, 10% man manutd and20% others. United and Liverpool was the major football clubs supported in Iraq until lately where people started to watch more foreign football and stuck with the Messi Ronaldo rivalry. I follow united since I was a child after my father who started supporting united in 1962 when he was 19 yrs old studying engineering in Manchester living in Trafford road. He told me he was touched by the story of the Munich disaster and started going to every match since then till he returned to Iraq but he never stop following united:D.

Last edited:

Kaos

As someone of Iraqi background I’d rather anyone than the Saudi regime, in fact I’d go as far as struggling to support the club with those heinous pricks behind it.

Anyone but them, literally.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Actually, could we get a poll to see to what degree the caf would be for/against the takeover if the rumours turn out to be true?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Roughly 35% Barcelona, 35% Real Madrid, 10% man manutd and20% others. United and Liverpool was the major football clubs supported in Iraq until lately where people started to watch more foreign football and stuck with the Messi Ronaldo rivalry. I follow united since I was a child after my father who started supporting united in 1962 when he was 19 yrs old studying engineering in Manchester living in Trafford road. He told me he was touched by the story of the Munich disaster and started going to every match since then till he returned to Iraq but he never stop following united:D.
That’s really interesting thank you.

Giggsyking

As someone of Iraqi background I’d rather anyone than the Saudi regime, in fact I’d go as far as struggling to support the club with those heinous pricks behind it.

Anyone but them, literally.
I agree that we should be owned by anyone other than a theocrotical regime [the saudi] which by the way we iraqies are in conflict with, but if that happens I will not stop supporting the football club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Lack of world travel probably is a reason. Uk govt also has done it’s fair share of manslaughter and what they have done is put the bad past hidden under carpet. I don’t read the uk history of wars or mass murders which they have done (jalian wala bhag ) when it comes to education books or general politics documentation. We are painting a false image of uk for younger generation to be honest, hence the general opinion that only other countries do bad things. And I don’t think this justifies a Saudi takeover, don’t want united to be another oilboss you, doesn’t give the right feelings.
I'm actually ashamed of what we've done in slaughtering millions of Indians through famine etc and just out right killing Sikhs for nothing in the incident you've bracketed. We also did similar to the Irish which was just as babaric. One of the persons responsible was Winston Churchill who described Indians as a beastly people. Churchill is revered in England, eventhough he was one of the biggest mass murderers in history. His face is even imprinted on the £5 note and this evil racist is a national hero in our country England..

Heymrtangerineman

Not a fan of the Glazers but you have to admire (even if you hate it) how they've gone about it - if I understand this correctly.

They 'buy' the biggest club in the world by effectively mortgaging what was a debt-free United to pay for the deal. They then use the (huge) income to pay the interest, reduce the debt each year and pay big dividends to the shareholders (themselves).

Meanwhile, the club's value rockets, from the hundreds of millions to the billions. It's like buying a house by taking out a mortgage, knowing/betting it'll increase massively in value.

Whether it's the Saudis or another buyer, eventually they'll cash in and walk away with billions and billions, without ever having actually invested themselves. Maybe they are just waiting for clubs like United being able to negotiate their own tv deals, as happens in Spain, in which case our value may go from several billions to tens of billions. Crazy, but that's capitalism today and the way the system works so those with (serious, serious) money make more profit than the GDP of many countries around the world.

hp88

Selling the club to a billionaire isn't going to make us league winners over night, need to gut the club first.

pascell

No thanks. What if they sack underachieving managers rather than handing them new contracts. Ain’t that right @pascell?
Fecking hell, you're putting this on the manager, some delusional fan you are :lol:

The players have downed toole on us fans for the 2nd time this season, yet you blame the manager :houllier: you're absolutely clueless but hey, I'm talking to someone who wants the Saudis in so he isn't the butt of the jokes with his pals, cause his club isn't winning anything.

DeGea

Football has moved on. Romanticism is not going to win us anything. City are a good example of how to manage a club in modern times. It pains me to say that but it is looking increasingly true.

OldSchoolManc

I can’t believe some of you seriously want this?

Can we have a poll?

I need to know the type of people I’m a fellow fan with.

Status
Not open for further replies.