The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

Why can't you guys just walk away? This is the biggest stockholm syndrome I've seen. If you can't even walk away from a football club, what chances are there for drug addicts and alcoholics to walk away from their addictions? Do you guys need help on this?

It's not even like there isn't an option for us. There is another world class team right next door. We don't even need to relocate or anything.

It is god's gift to us, providing us with another world class team to support just when the Glazers took over. Don't be too blind to see it.
Buying the shirt add money the leaches Glazers pockets, Why do you think boycotting the club's merchandise is an act of not supporting the club ffs. It is obvious its more an act of anger and opposition to the club owners. Why is it so difficult to understand that?

Josep Dowling

Why can't you guys just walk away? This is the biggest stockholm syndrome I've seen. If you can't even walk away from a football club, what chances are there for drug addicts and alcoholics to walk away from their addictions? Do you guys need help on this?

It's not even like there isn't an option for us. There is another world class team right next door. We don't even need to relocate or anything.

It is god's gift to us, providing us with another world class team to support just when the Glazers took over. Don't be too blind to see it.
If you believe you can just switch sides like that I don’t think you understand what being a football supporter is about.

Watching football is my hobby, United is my team. I’m not going to switch allegiances just because another team is better than mine now. There is just frustration on how the club is run.

hubbuh

Then you should really start to get to know the society we are living every day. People are being deprived of their human rights almost every day, and very often by the righteous countries we are living in. Yet you have no problem living in Britain and supporting a club that pays taxes there. We are witnesses of the western countries doing whatever they want in the last 50+ years but are morally touched by the Saudis? Please, we've been all over this previously. Let's not be hypocrites.
It's besides the point mate. Where are you going to go that would be of some supposed moral rightfulness? Most of the best place to live are being built on the same countries that are waging war or in alliances with other that are waging wars and helping them. That's the point I'm trying to make. It's all a mess and I for one stopped giving a shit.
Ugh.

Christie

If you believe you can just switch sides like that I don’t think you understand what being a football supporter is about.

Watching football is my hobby, United is my team. I’m not going to switch allegiances just because another team is better than mine now. There is just frustration on how the club is run.
If you truly love and support someone, you will do the right thing. If your son is a criminal, serial rapist or drug addict, you call the police so he can get help right away to rehabilitate to become a better person. You do not blindly support and let him induge in his disgressions and then cry in frustration at how he is crumbling as a person.

The bitter must come before the sweet. Do the right thing. Walk away from the club. If your football addiction is too strong, try the neighbours next door. There is no shame in coming back to the club once the have rehabilitated. Enabling the club will encourage the poor behavior and it will only get worse from here.

Imran Mamdani

If you truly love and support someone, you will do the right thing. If your son is a criminal, serial rapist or drug addict, you call the police so he can get help right away to rehabilitate to become a better person. You do not blindly support and let him induge in his disgressions and then cry in frustration at how he is crumbling as a person.

The bitter must come before the sweet. Do the right thing. Walk away from the club. If your football addiction is too strong, try the neighbours next door. There is no shame in coming back to the club once the have rehabilitated. Enabling the club will encourage the poor behavior and it will only get worse from here.
I beg to differ. To your analogy, I would call the social services or whomsoever it is that can help but I will ALWAYS be on my son's side no matter what. This is what we believe in - we WILL stick with MUFC no matter what. Today the club is a shambles, the players are way over their heads and the club exists because of us fans. Therefore the most logical thing to do is anything that will send a message to the owners that we, the fans, are the true owners of this club and they can no longer carry on like it's their "business".

MUFC has always and will always be a fans' home and club with high expectations. We, the fans are not going anywhere, not to our neighbours, our rivals or any other tom dick and harry. This is Man United, there is none like it, ever.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We will not win another PL or CL again with the Glazers.

Coops73

Evra is in Riyadh, obviously there as a spokesman for United to issue a statement endorsing MBS to Man Utd fans when they announce the Saudi Royal Takeover. Quick, someone tell the Sun.
Shit, thought he was in Dubai to oversee the sale of United to Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and that the whole Saudi thing was just a big ruse. What would the cafes ethics committee feel about that one?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Shit, thought he was in Dubai to oversee the sale of United to Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and that the whole Saudi thing was just a big ruse. What would the cafes ethics committee feel about that one?
Nope that was a smokescreen, official MBS announcement expected in the next 48 hours. Gaitan and Sneijder expected to be appointed as joint DOF. BOOM!

Kostov

You're missing the vital point that I don't have a choice in which football team I support and I can't change so I'd rather not be associated with fecking murders and people who deprave others of their human rights, it's a big fecking deal to anyone with an ounce of emotional intelligence. If you're not effected by it you should spend some time looking into or even fecking living there and then see how you feel about you or your children being chopped up with a bone saw because you dared to say something against the current regime.

But let's forget all that for one second, because you know, who needs a moral compass right? You'd also rather we became a laughing stock like PSG, a parody of a football club that's only purpose is to service a mega rich sheik's ego? Get to feck with it all. I'd rather we were fecking broke.
Well you always have a choice Crossy lad. It's fecking hypocrite of people to whine about the Saudis and yet have no problem living in the comfort of their western allies, the same allies that are selling them weapons and even themselves committing atrocities regularly, paying taxes there and having no problem with it. Or how no one gives a feck that most of the biggest companies in the world use child labor in 3rd world countries yest still buy their products. Yeah who needs a moral compass. I know that they are far from the ideal owners, but there are no such, and I also realize that I have very little power either way, I just don't whine and pretend to be so fecking shocked like some of you.

And that last part is so stupid it's laughable. PSG are the laughing stock? If so what are we then? The resident clowns for the last 5 years? Yeah I'd rather be PSG than the currents state we are at.

Was that your moral compass?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
MBS has killed people, he doesn't give a crap about the devil sign. None of the Saud family is that religious. They just use religion to control the country.
Having lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years, I have seen how much their religious image keeps people in check and maintains their support from their own population. They still have to maintain that religious image to prevent any sort of uproar. On top of that, they are still custodians of the two holy mosques in Makkah and Madinah. Imagine the backlash at them from their own people and the more conservative Muslim community around them if anyone from the ruling family is found to be involved in owning/running Manchester United; it'll bring up another Arab Spring.

Moriarty

Having lived in Saudi Arabia for 3 years, I have seen how much their religious image keeps people in check and maintains their support from their own population. They still have to maintain that religious image to prevent any sort of uproar. On top of that, they are still custodians of the two holy mosques in Makkah and Madinah. Imagine the backlash at them from their own people and the more conservative Muslim community around them if anyone from the ruling family is found to be involved in owning/running Manchester United; it'll bring up another Arab Spring.
Haven't the Saudis owned all kinds of interests worldwide, including hotels and high-end department stores? Why would owning a world-renowned football club trigger the populace?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Haven't the Saudis owned all kinds of interests worldwide, including hotels and high-end department stores? Why would owning a world-renowned football club trigger the populace?
The football club itself isn't the issue. It's the branding that's the problem. The fact that the red devil is a significant part of the brand will put the Saudi ruling family under the spotlight.

If it weren't the ruling family linked with buying the club, I wouldn't even bring this up, but imagine what many Muslims around the world would think if the custodians to the holy mosques bought the club and maintained the red devil in the brand. Now imagine the backlash if they tried to remove the red devil from the brand to, for example, reinstate the ship into their logo.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

fecking hell.

Can’t understand how people like you aren’t banned.

Valencia Shin Crosses

My short take: At this point I don't see another way of getting better ownership. If a Saudi takeover included restructuring the board and decision making in the club and putting it in line with he other best teams in the world, then I wouldn't mind. Would I love going out and buying everyone under the sun? No, but at the same time football has changed, and we have been left in the past with how we make decisions and operate as a club. Something must change, and I don't have confidence anymore in the Glazers to rectify the situation of the club structure.

Moriarty

The football club itself isn't the issue. It's the branding that's the problem. The fact that the red devil is a significant part of the brand will put the Saudi ruling family under the spotlight.

If it weren't the ruling family linked with buying the club, I wouldn't even bring this up, but imagine what many Muslims around the world would think if the custodians to the holy mosques bought the club and maintained the red devil in the brand. Now imagine the backlash if they tried to remove the red devil from the brand to, for example, reinstate the ship into their logo.
I didn't think of that. Thanks for clarifying. Personally, I wouldn't mind if we dropped the devil and returned to what we wore in the 1970s. I'm not sure there would be a massive backlash from the fans if the Saudis came in and re-branded us as 'Manchester United Football Club.' They'd probably get cheered to the rafters.

Will Singh

They killed a fellow Indian in Saudi and confessed to the killing. They were then executed. Happens everyday in America too..
Confessed according to the authorities, never heard American authorities beheading people as a punishment and if that's the case then we have nothing to worry?.....

pacifictheme

Well you always have a choice Crossy lad. It's fecking hypocrite of people to whine about the Saudis and yet have no problem living in the comfort of their western allies, the same allies that are selling them weapons and even themselves committing atrocities regularly, paying taxes there and having no problem with it. Or how no one gives a feck that most of the biggest companies in the world use child labor in 3rd world countries yest still buy their products. Yeah who needs a moral compass. I know that they are far from the ideal owners, but there are no such, and I also realize that I have very little power either way, I just don't whine and pretend to be so fecking shocked like some of you.

And that last part is so stupid it's laughable. PSG are the laughing stock? If so what are we then? The resident clowns for the last 5 years? Yeah I'd rather be PSG than the currents state we are at.

Was that your moral compass?
What an absolute horse shit of a post.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Confessed according to the authorities, never heard American authorities beheading people as a punishment and if that's the case then we have nothing to worry?.....
They were gonna be deported by the Saudi's until they were linked to killing a fellow Indian national.

Americans kill them by lethal injection or via electrocution. If that isn't enough, they then go and kill millions of civillians via their high-tec weaponry in foreign lands and my country Britain follows them.

Slysi17

The Glazers are literally billionaire owners.
Sorry I meant Multi Billionaires owners that are worth more than the Glazers. Sadly the Glazers won't pump so much money that we start winning titles. Plus they make brain dead decisions like giving Jose Mourinho a contract extensions. Plus Ed Woodward make a daft sales pitch to Klopp to become manager by saying we are an adult version of Disneyland. Its a mess. I mean I don't want the Saudis but there must be someone else out there. Sick of the Glazers now. 6 years since Fergie left and we are still in rebuild mode.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

The red Angel's. :devil:

RedCurry

The cycle of this thread:

- Saudi regime, who are trying to buy the club, are human rights violating murderers
- yea but Americans government is the same
- Glazers are not American government....
- repeat

Michael T

I lived in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years too; Jeddah in the 80s. They love football as much as we do, so I can't see their leaders splashing out on a football club already popular in Saudi as much of a problem for them. Especially when chopping up inquisitive journalists, or relentlessly bombing your poverty striken neighbours into dust does little more than raise the odd eyebrow!

lsd

The Oracle
The cycle of this thread:

- Saudi regime, who are NOT trying to buy the club, are human rights violating murderers
- yea but Americans government is the same
- Glazers are not American government....
- repeat

Fixed for you

Tarrou

this was definitely a scouser :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I lived in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years too; Jeddah in the 80s. They love football as much as we do, so I can't see their leaders splashing out on a football club already popular in Saudi as much of a problem for them. Especially when chopping up inquisitive journalists, or relentlessly bombing your poverty striken neighbours into dust does little more than raise the odd eyebrow!
They do, but if you look at my reply to a similar post, I was referring to the club's brand becoming a problem instead of the club itself being an issue.

Infra-red

They (the Saudis) executed 37 people today, mostly members of the country's persecuted Shia minority, in one of the largest mass executions in recent years. They were all beheaded, with two of the bodies being pinned to a pole as a warning to others.

Adam Coogle, Middle East researcher at Human Rights Watch: "Today's mass execution of mostly Shia citizens is a day we have feared for several years. The punishments are especially grotesque when they result from a flawed justice system that ignores torture allegations."

Amnesty International called the execution "a chilling demonstration of the Saudi Arabian authorities callous disregard for human life."

"It is also yet another gruesome indication of how the death penalty is being used as a political tool to crush dissent from within the country’s Shia minority," said Lynn Maalouf, Amnesty International’s Middle East Research Director.

“The use of the death penalty is always appalling but it is even more shocking when it is applied after unfair trials or against people who were under 18 at the time of the crime, in flagrant violation of international law.," she added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tal-punishment-human-rights-a8882891.html?amp

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
They (the Saudis) executed 37 people today, mostly members of the country's persecuted Shia minority, in one of the largest mass executions in recent years. They were all beheaded, with two of the bodies being pinned to a pole as a warning to others.

Adam Coogle, Middle East researcher at Human Rights Watch: "Today's mass execution of mostly Shia citizens is a day we have feared for several years. The punishments are especially grotesque when they result from a flawed justice system that ignores torture allegations."

Amnesty International called the execution "a chilling demonstration of the Saudi Arabian authorities callous disregard for human life."

"It is also yet another gruesome indication of how the death penalty is being used as a political tool to crush dissent from within the country’s Shia minority," said Lynn Maalouf, Amnesty International’s Middle East Research Director.

“The use of the death penalty is always appalling but it is even more shocking when it is applied after unfair trials or against people who were under 18 at the time of the crime, in flagrant violation of international law.," she added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tal-punishment-human-rights-a8882891.html?amp
I'm pretty sure that belongs in a different thread on the current events board.

Abdullah7

oh now you mention sheaa who are being giving the same punishment that the Sunni would have had got if they had been caught. For ex. ISIS members are mostly Sunnis would that set them free ? no, they get the beheading penalty for being traitors when they are caught. KSA stop and deal with individuals before the are likely to cause mass crimes. Isn't it better to kill 37 to save millions of people lifes or would you take your chance with terrorists?!

Last edited:

Masskh

oh now you mention sheila who are being giving the same punishment that the Sunni would have had got if they had been caught. For ex. ISIS members are mostly Sunnis would that set them free ? no, they get the beheading penalty for being traitors when they are caught. KSA stop and deal with individuals before the are likely to cause mass crimes. Isn't it better to kill 37 to save millions of people lifes or would you take your chance with terrorists?!
stop sggia sunni war on a football club, killing is killing from both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.