The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
I wish we could just lock this thread unless there’s actual movement re an actual Saudi takeover.

I have no idea why it is even in the United forum

Nearly 50 pages of pointless posts about something that is never going to happen .

May as well talk about the existence of Aliens

Slysi17

For those people that are complaining about having the Saudis as owners, it is going to take a billionaire owner to buy the club to fix the mess we are in. The Glazers/Ed Woodward have done so much damage to this club which a billionaire owner can only fix. I don't want the Saudis but things will get worse. Still no director of football and Ed Woodward is still in charge. Need I say more. Blame the Glazers if this does happen as it's their fault through their incompetence. 6 years of mismanagement has got us to this point. Can't see the Glazers fixing it.

Infra-red

For those people that are complaining about having the Saudis as owners, it is going to take a billionaire owner to buy the club to fix the mess we are in. The Glazers/Ed Woodward have done so much damage to this club which a billionaire owner can only fix. I don't want the Saudis but things will get worse. Still no director of football and Ed Woodward is still in charge. Need I say more. Blame the Glazers if this does happen as it's their fault through their incompetence. 6 years of mismanagement has got us to this point. Can't see the Glazers fixing it.
The Glazers are literally billionaire owners.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Aligning ourselves with an authoritarian hard-line regime... risking our heritage all for the sake of a few summers of muppetry...

Who am I kidding... Felix, de ligit, sancho, Saul, ... Sod it after today peace be upon you our new glorious rulers
Join the dark side you know you want to. We’re the Red DEVILS!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I have no idea why it is even in the United forum

Nearly 50 pages of pointless posts about something that is never going to happen .

May as well talk about the existence of Aliens
So, move this to the transfer forum?

Will Singh

Saudi government recently beheaded 2 Indian nationals who were suspected of murder. No trial just straight swoosh. Do we really want to be associated with these sort of people?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Saudi government recently beheaded 2 Indian nationals who were suspected of murder. No trial just straight swoosh. Do we really want to be associated with these sort of people?
They killed a fellow Indian in Saudi and confessed to the killing. They were then executed. Happens everyday in America too..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yes. People who don't want Saudi ownership should go live on the Arctic. What a fantastic thing.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Most people in this thread are just venting. They don’t really want the Saudi royal family to buy United they just want something to come along and fix the club.

I’m hoping that the fix is Olé being given the time and backing he needs to do what he said in his post match press conference yesterday. The man was seething and is determined to sort this out. None of us love United more than Ole does. LVG and Jose are not United supporters but Ole is. The match day fans will never turn on Ole and neither should the armchair fans either. Even if he doesn’t succeed it won’t be because he didn’t give absolutely everything he has to make it happen. This is a man who turned down a pay rise as a player as he believed he was earning plenty already.

Giggsyking

Most people in this thread are just venting. They don’t really want the Saudi royal family to buy United they just want something to come along and fix the club.

I’m hoping that the fix is Olé being given the time and backing he needs to do what he said in his post match press conference yesterday. The man was seething and is determined to sort this out. None of us love United more than Ole does. LVG and Jose are not United supporters but Ole is. The match day fans will never turn on Ole and neither should the armchair fans either. Even if he doesn’t succeed it won’t be because he didn’t give absolutely everything he has to make it happen. This is a man who turned down a pay rise as a player as he believed he was earning plenty already.
I agree that most people are venting, but it is becoming more clear everyday that we will not be back winning big titles with this family in charge. No big company or a rich family will take the risk of spending 4 billion buying a club in a big mess. I am afraid only a state is capable of paying 4 billions in a risky business. If this happens one day, lets hope when it happens, its the right people.

djembatheking

I don't really want Saudi ownership but it is probably the only way United will return to be a competitive football club as they would want trophies , success and prestige in their name to outdo the other oil clubs out there .
As long as Glazers/Woodward are running the show United will be a business first , football club second . Both Jose and LVG have said this . If Ole is hamstrung in the summer and not allowed to get rid/bring in players of his choice with the right attributes for a fight I hope he walks with his head held high and says it as it is .
We are fecked between a rock and a hard place and like Bilic said , the manager must have control , I doubt Ole will .
Sad feckin times .

Dr. StrangeHate

There's no way anyone from Saudi Arabia will buy United (especially someone from the ruling family) as long as we use the "devil" in our branding. The only way anyone from Saudi will buy United is if they're a non-practicing Muslim from there or someone who's promised a rebranding of the club.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that most of the Saudis are quite conservative. Imagine the fallout in Saudi Arabia if someone or a group from there buys United. Qatar and the UAE don't have the same level of conservatism as the Saudis do.
MBS has killed people, he doesn't give a crap about the devil sign. None of the Saud family is that religious. They just use religion to control the country.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Top red that
I prefer not to knowingly support a regime that is still in the stone age with regards to human rights.

I'd personally not like to see anyone come in and start bankrolling us to the title, because then how are we any different to City and PSG? Letting us spend our own money? Fine, but being bankrolled by some billionaire who sees us as his plaything? No thanks.

Kostov

I prefer not to knowingly support a regime that is still in the stone age with regards to human rights.

I'd personally not like to see anyone come in and start bankrolling us to the title, because then how are we any different to City and PSG? Letting us spend our own money? Fine, but being bankrolled by some billionaire who sees us as his plaything? No thanks.
Then you should really start to get to know the society we are living every day. People are being deprived of their human rights almost every day, and very often by the righteous countries we are living in. Yet you have no problem living in Britain and supporting a club that pays taxes there. We are witnesses of the western countries doing whatever they want in the last 50+ years but are morally touched by the Saudis? Please, we've been all over this previously. Let's not be hypocrites.

GavinJames

We are not getting anywhere until the Gazers are long gone, what have they actually brought to this club besides massive amounts of toxic debt? they rode on the coattails of Ferguson Ronaldo and Rooney.

Last edited:

Fracture90

If you miss a clear cut chance you'll be summoned to the nearest Saudi consulate for some "business" talks.

rpitchfo

Football is a market business and I recognise that it’s possible (although unlikely) that united could be taken over by a Saudi contingent. sadly I’d have to stop following united if that ever happened though.

Josep Dowling

I agree that most people are venting, but it is becoming more clear everyday that we will not be back winning big titles with this family in charge. No big company or a rich family will take the risk of spending 4 billion buying a club in a big mess. I am afraid only a state is capable of paying 4 billions in a risky business. If this happens one day, lets hope when it happens, its the right people.
I personally don’t believe this. The club is still profitable even in these unsuccessful years. The club has one of the biggest fan bases in the world. Unfortunately fans are not like customers of other businesses. For many of us we can’t simply walk away or go elsewhere, and that’s why we all get shafted as football fans. Season tickets continue to sell out, merchandise will still be bought. It’s a massive gravy train.

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge in running a football club can make this a success. If they had the finances to clear the debt that removes another £25m-£50m in interest charges alone.

Giggsyking

I personally don’t believe this. The club is still profitable even in these unsuccessful years. The club has one of the biggest fan bases in the world. Unfortunately fans are not like customers of other businesses. For many of us we can’t simply walk away or go elsewhere, and that’s why we all get shafted as football fans. Season tickets continue to sell out, merchandise will still be bought. It’s a massive gravy train.

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge in running a football club can make this a success. If they had the finances to clear the debt that removes another £25m-£50m in interest charges alone.
Our fan base will decrease in the coming years. I for example stopped buying the united shirt 2 years after Sir Alex left because I feel the Glazers do not respect the fans and do not look interested in the sporting side of the club. They are leaching on us. I guess our financial dominance will eventually fade if we dont start winning big soon.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Then you should really start to get to know the society we are living every day. People are being deprived of their human rights almost every day, and very often by the righteous countries we are living in. Yet you have no problem living in Britain and supporting a club that pays taxes there. We are witnesses of the western countries doing whatever they want in the last 50+ years but are morally touched by the Saudis? Please, we've been all over this previously. Let's not be hypocrites.
I can't stand the monarchs or politicians of this country. I'd also have moved abroad, if my Mrs didn't have young brothers and sisters that she doesn't want to leave yet. Paying taxes is a by product of still having to be here, I'll enjoy the day that I move away massively.

As for supporting the club, it wasn't a conscious decision to support United, I grew up around manchester and my whole family has supported them for years.

Kostov

I can't stand the monarchs or politicians of this country. I'd also have moved abroad, if my Mrs didn't have young brothers and sisters that she doesn't want to leave yet. Paying taxes is a by product of still having to be here, I'll enjoy the day that I move away massively.

As for supporting the club, it wasn't a conscious decision to support United, I grew up around manchester and my whole family has supported them for years.
It's besides the point mate. Where are you going to go that would be of some supposed moral rightfulness? Most of the best place to live are being built on the same countries that are waging war or in alliances with other that are waging wars and helping them. That's the point I'm trying to make. It's all a mess and I for one stopped giving a shit.

crossy1686

career ending
It's besides the point mate. Where are you going to go that would be of some supposed moral rightfulness? Most of the best place to live are being built on the same countries that are waging war or in alliances with other that are waging wars and helping them. That's the point I'm trying to make. It's all a mess and I for one stopped giving a shit.
You're missing the vital point that I don't have a choice in which football team I support and I can't change so I'd rather not be associated with fecking murders and people who deprave others of their human rights, it's a big fecking deal to anyone with an ounce of emotional intelligence. If you're not effected by it you should spend some time looking into or even fecking living there and then see how you feel about you or your children being chopped up with a bone saw because you dared to say something against the current regime.

But let's forget all that for one second, because you know, who needs a moral compass right? You'd also rather we became a laughing stock like PSG, a parody of a football club that's only purpose is to service a mega rich sheik's ego? Get to feck with it all. I'd rather we were fecking broke.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Our fan base will decrease in the coming years. I for example stopped buying the united shirt 2 years after Sir Alex left because I feel the Glazers do not respect the fans and do not look interested in the sporting side of the club. They are leaching on us. I guess our financial dominance will eventually fade if we dont start winning big soon.
Out of interest, why wait until Fergie retired? Did they respect the fans while Fergie was here and then stop?

Christie

Quality control

Why can't you guys just walk away? This is the biggest stockholm syndrome I've seen. If you can't even walk away from a football club, what chances are there for drug addicts and alcoholics to walk away from their addictions? Do you guys need help on this?

It's not even like there isn't an option for us. There is another world class team right next door. We don't even need to relocate or anything.

It is god's gift to us, providing us with another world class team to support just when the Glazers took over. Don't be too blind to see it.

Giggsyking

Out of interest, why wait until Fergie retired? Did they respect the fans while Fergie was here and then stop?
Because I did not have so much insight on the club management when I was only interested in watching sir Alex making history every year. But Sir Alex retirement exposed the club management for me. I don't know if I am wrong or right but this is what I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.