The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
You’re right in everything you say. And IF we are sold to mega wealthy owners who want success for United ON the field again and not so much commercially, I welcome it.

All of us put gas in our cars and support these regimes indirectly anyway. No one says “That’s it I’m not going to drive until the oil is owned by someone else.”
We live in a system where we are only now beginning to get the choice to use an alternative. Most of our fuel comes from Norway in the UK, the Saudis only supply a small percentage of it, a lot smaller than people think. Comparing that though to the ideals of a sporting club is nonsense. I don't want the club I support to be owned by a regime of dictators that have and will continue to commit cruelty, fund terrorism and know that anything we do a s a club moving forward, either by youth development, community outreach, signing stars or winning trophies will have blood on it.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
Suppose on a positive note is you'd have all journalist's onside.

After the whole Jamal Khashoggi saga that i note has been quickly swept under the carpet.

I'd love to see a poll on this with only United fans voting

Judas

Open to offers
If they did take us over, spend a fortune and help us clean up, it would all be a bit hollow really, wouldn't it?
Of course it would. Just like City's success. Where would be the pleasure in climbing back to the top when Bristol City could do it if they had the same owners. It's a cheat code.

I wonder if we'd get the same treatment from the media? I suppose if we pay them enough, we would.

Denis79

The only tangible difference is we'll have lots of money and owners that actually want us to win.

The Saudi regime will just have more attention drawn to it, which again isn't a bad thing (although are they really that bad in the grand scheme of regimes anyway?).

I have my fingers crossed for this.
Might aswell sell to Kim Jong-Un while we're at it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If you're an adult and you have credit cards, auto loan, mortgage with the added responsibilities of having a family, school fees, vacation, gifts etc. You will understand how debt can tie your hands. It's like an invincible prison for your money. No matter how much money you make, you have this sink that's always swallowing your hard earn income and you can't shake it off. Your kids looks up to you for shining new things, your wife wants to have fun, your soul is crushed when you are compared to someone else. You cry at night because there is nothing you can do, you are tied down by the bondage of debt. This is Manchester United right now.

We have someone who can get rid of the bondage and some fans calling themselves purists and saints. You probably won't understand all I've said if you are a minor or if you are an adult that lives on the government or if you are one of the few that preys on daddy's funds.

The hypocrisy of this thread is making me sick.
The bondage of debt is nothing compared to the suffering of the bondage of their victims. I as an adult have all those things you mentioned, I doubt I will ever be able to retire and it's not because of a lack of hard work on my part in life. I still though have an incredible life and can enjoy it without fear. I consider myself incredibly lucky in life to have been born where I have with all the freedoms this gives me.

Ban

Wonder how many of our fans who think we as a club have class or we did in the past and value the club values wouldn't have a problem with that takeover.

rampo

I see so much hypocrisy here. Suddenly, people are questioning are Saudis really that bad and why we shouldn't follow the path when other clubs are ok with it?

I will respect whatever stand people have, either in terms of supporting it or opposing it. But let us not justify it by saying stuff like 1) Saudi is better than some other regime, so its ok 2) some other clubs did it, so its ok. That is sheer hypocrisy. There is no relativity in human rights violation

Needham

Feck off!
Yeah but how you going to stop it? Check out the toe curling obsequious grin on Glazer's face in front of the Saudis. You know his first question was, "Where do you want my tongue?"

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If you were a proper adult you'd realise volatile consumer debt is nothing like cheap corporate debt. You might also have factored things like the millions of pounds worth of tax relief we've recieved as a result of this financial strategy into your calculations too.

Wait, so you'd rather by the plaything of a literal violent slave driver than the figurative slave of a couple of middle-aged Jewish blokes and their creative accounting? Fantastic stuff mate :lol:
I don't get it. It's as if people don't realize that we are talking about literal offenders of human rights and war criminals. Not people loosely associated with it but the ones giving the orders, the absolute rulers. But apparently there are things more important in life than actual life, probably things like signing Neymar.

Denis79

Wonder how many of our fans who think we as a club have class or we did in the past and value the club values wouldn't have a problem with that takeover.
If you have any decency you wouldn't want to be associated with them. Think the ones positive to this move simply aren't informed about the Saudi regime and their total lack of respect for life and human rights.

I would advise people to read up a bit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn't meet for any takeover talk it appears so false alarm.

LoveFootball

We live in a system where we are only now beginning to get the choice to use an alternative. Most of our fuel comes from Norway in the UK, the Saudis only supply a small percentage of it, a lot smaller than people think. Comparing that though to the ideals of a sporting club is nonsense. I don't want the club I support to be owned by a regime of dictators that have and will continue to commit cruelty, fund terrorism and know that anything we do a s a club moving forward, either by youth development, community outreach, signing stars or winning trophies will have blood on it.
But you've no problem using your smartphone, right? Do you know how many people died in DR Congo for you to be able to tape www.redcafe.net on the browser of your smartphone or on your computer or laptop? Just read this :

http://ilymun.org/the-silent-genocide-in-drc-are-our-mobile-phones-worth-6-million-deaths/

Since 1998 more than 6 million people have died, which is more than the Holocaust. Those stats are from 2016; the massacre still continues in the DRC but the international community keep quiet because real foreign powers are behind the massacres. If it were the Chinese or the Arabs, the whole world would cry scandalous.

I have no problem if these Saudis take control of our club. The world walks like that, those who have money can commit crimes and people will not hold them to account. Americans, French, English, Chinese, Arabs are all guilty of innumerable horrific crimes around the world and the only thing that separate them is the power that one exerts on the others and the control of the media.

Actually the only thing that matter for me is to see United become competitive; we'd be able to take De Bryune or Guardiola from the hands of City, or Mbappe from PSG. With our finances incomes, we'd be a monster of a club, we'll be the Hulk of football.

minoo-utd

Many insults on here, Jesus. It will be very interesting to see the Glazers out of this club.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
But you've no problem using your smartphone, right? Do you know how many people died in DR Congo for you to be able to tape www.redcafe.net on the browser of your smartphone or on your computer or laptop? Just read this :

http://ilymun.org/the-silent-genocide-in-drc-are-our-mobile-phones-worth-6-million-deaths/

Since 1998 more than 6 million people have died, which is more than the Holocaust. Those stats are from 2016; the massacre still continues in the DRC but the international community keep quiet because real foreign powers are behind the massacres. If it were the Chinese or the Arabs, the whole world would cry scandalous.

I have no problem if these Saudis take control of our club. The world walks like that, those who have money can commit crimes and people will not hold them to account. Americans, French, English, Chinese, Arabs are all guilty of innumerable horrific crimes around the world and the only thing that separate them is the power that one exerts on the others and the control of the media.

Actually the only thing that matter for me is to see United become competitive; we'd be able to take De Bryune or Guardiola from the hands of City, or Mbappe from PSG. With our finances incomes, we'd be a monster of a club, we'll be the Hulk of football.
Yeah but we don't need Saudi's oil money for that to happen, we only need owners who don't bleed the club dry to service our debt. What separates us from the likes of City and PSG is that our income is already so enormous as a club and could easily spend the sort of money they do and build the infrastructure they do without these tyrants taking over.

I don't want them here, we don't need them here. I just want owners who are willing to put the money the club makes back into the club.

Treble

Another 5-6 years without a title and many fans will be desperate for a rich owner to come even if it is from S. Arabia. Especially if the titles in those 5-6 years are won by Liverpool/City.

I'm against owners coming from dictatorships. But there might be positive effects for such countires from owning a big football club. Because they'll come under scrutiny and this might force some (mild) changes in politics there. Liberal democracy is not quite possible there but the situation with human right might improve.

nainaisson

I don't get it. It's as if people don't realize that we are talking about literal offenders of human rights and war criminals. Not people loosely associated with it but the ones giving the orders, the absolute rulers. But apparently there are things more important in life than actual life, probably things like signing Neymar.
The mass starvation and literal genocide of the Yemeni people currently taking place would not be possible without the weapons sold to Saudi Arabia by the United States. According to some reports, the United States military is working in coordination with the Saudi military in choosing targets for indiscriminate bombing. In fact, the corrupt, medieval Saudi government would have ceased to exist long ago if it were not being propped up by the U.S. government for half a century. So, given that the two countries are so inextricably linked, why is it so much better that American capitalists own an English club than the Saudis?

Massive Spanner

The mass starvation and literal genocide of the Yemeni people currently taking place would not be possible without the weapons sold to Saudi Arabia by the United States. According to some reports, the United States military is working in coordination with the Saudi military in choosing targets for indiscriminate bombing. In fact, the corrupt, medieval Saudi government would have ceased to exist long ago if it were not being propped up by the U.S. government for half a century. So, given that the two countries are so inextricably linked, why is it so much better that American capitalists own an English club than the Saudis?
Oh, I don't know, maybe because the American's have nothing to do with what their government does?

JPRouve

Scout
We are talking about the royal family, not someone that simply happens to be Saudi. The Glazers aren't in charge of the US.

Kostov

I’d welcome a new ownership on the basis that they structure the club in a proper way, similar to City and PSG. Whether these new potential Saudis owners would have the same operational and business sense I'm not sure.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because the American's have nothing to do with what their government does?
How does that work? Isn't their government chosen in elections by Americans? I though that's the way they operate for a long time, as long as they wage war along the globe.

Massive Spanner

How does that work? Isn't their government chosen in elections by Americans? I though that's the way they operate for a long time, as long as they wage war along the globe.
Surely you see the difference between voting for your leader's and ... being the leader's?

minoo-utd

It's funny because we all know that football nowadays depends on money and we all suffering from the Glazers and how the run the club as their property and as a marketing club and they don't give a damn about us fans and how we want to see our club successful on the pitch and can again challenge on the big things in football. Year after year now post SAF and we all knew how he saved their arse for nearly a decade. So I hope it's time for a change! and don't talk about corruption and be convinced with the idea that the Glazers are angels ffs. Why you care about how they get the money? as long as they invest it the right way on the club!

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The Glazers do not run America and order these things from the comfort of their palace - The Saudi Royal family does - big difference.

Edit - forgot to add there is 36 pages of this exact argument, as well as the no one says don't drive because oil comes from Saudi Arabia and Utd are already sposored by Saudi Telecom and sponsor ffotball acadamies in Saudi Arabia so what is the difference? in the previous Saudi Royal family to buy Utd thread

nainaisson

Being a democracy doesn't mean you as a citizen have a say in what your government does overseas. Jesus Christ :lol:

Think you lot need a "Politics for Dummies" book.
Yeah, right, why would citizens in a democracy have any say in what their government does overseas? Hah, what a moron I am!

Kostov

Surely you see the difference between voting for your leader's and ... being the leader's?
Yes I do, but it's funny how when American atrocities are mentioned all of a sudden it's only their government and not the voting body. Lots of governments have changed, presidents from both political blocks but US has had the same policy. It's hypocrisy of the highest order.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Absolute load of tosh. Manchester United, to most of us anyway, is more than just a collection of players that go on the football field. It's an idea that many of us have grown up since we were kids and we associate ourselves with it. I have no issues with us not winning trophies because we apparently can't spend as much as City( btw we still outspend 95% of other clubs), it's much better than becoming owned by a horrendous regime.
You must be a Manchester United supporter of the old school type. Careful they don't put you in a cage. I was one too, but the Caf lobotomy team tell me they sorted that.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Suppose on a positive note is you'd have all journalist's onside.

After the whole Jamal Khashoggi saga that i note has been quickly swept under the carpet.

I'd love to see a poll on this with only United fans voting
Oh, right. So you are concerned with human rights abuses?

Massive Spanner

Yes I do, but it's funny how when American atrocities are mentioned all of a sudden it's only their government and not the voting body. Lots of governments have changed, presidents from both political blocks but US has had the same policy. It's hypocrisy of the highest order.
If you don't think there is an enormous difference between citizen's who vote for a government and the actual fecking government/royal dictatorship then I don't know what to say to you.

JPRouve

Scout
Well, the issue is that for some reason you don't understand that the issue is with the royal family's actions, not the country or its citizens. The club is linked to the royal family not a random Saudi.

minoo-utd

Manchester United have lacked success and become bit of a laughing stock over the years. For the one accusing the Arabs, do you place your own moral high ground above the success the club (You supposedly love) desperately needs?
Do people seriously want to continue these days when we have to pray for freaking Chelsea to win the league every year, in fear that Liverpool or City might win it? Do you want to cheer for that Real Madrid (That we supposedly hate) to wn the Champions League just so that we don't have Liverpool to stamp a "6 times lah" on our face? You complain about Lukaku being slow and clumsy, yet you don't want Harry Kane to start from us? You'd rather see Lingard and Fellaini initiating attacks for us instead of Griezmann or Neymar? You'd rather see Rashford on the right instead of Mbappe? You'd want to see our midfield being humiliated against City again because our only world-class midfielder Pogba got injured and we couldn't bring in a solid backup for him (Savic) last summer? And the more we don't talk about last summer, the better. Not a single centre defender being brought in just to see us all crying about our defense this season...

We were supposed to be Red "Devils" right? I want people who are ready to burn out forests for the sake of United. I want fanatics who want United to come back to glory by all means possible at our helm.
Agreed. Most on here don't talk about football as much as the are concerned about how the Saudis regime work!? feck that. Are you happy with Glazers? most are not of course, we want to see Manchester United the most valuable club in football act like that on the fecking football pitch.

JPRouve

Scout
Agreed. Most on here don't talk about football as much as the are concerned about how the Saudis regime work!? feck that. Are you happy with Glazers? most are not of course, we want to see Manchester United the most valuable club in football act like that on the fecking football pitch.
If you respect the rules, United won't get more than an extra 30m to 50m. For me that's not worth it.

Kostov

If you don't think there is an enormous difference between citizen's who vote for a government and the actual fecking government/royal dictatorship then I don't know what to say to you.
There is a difference, that does not change the fact that the problem of the Saudis should have been of a different kind if the Americans and British governments, democratically elected by their own people did not support the Saudis, and those same citizens actually cared enough to do something when those arms deals were signed, and repeated. Fact is, most of those/voters didn't give a feck as they don't care now.

Last edited:

WensleyMU

Rather see us in non league. In fact, given the choice I would keep the Glazers forever and rename Old Trafford to Glazerdome.

Status
Not open for further replies.