The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting if this happens.

Foxbatt

Isn't there like 10,000 of them or something? You must be really know your Saudis!
Yes if he was and that rich, MBS would already have locked him up. His name would also end up as bin Saud. Or some bin after the Sauds who can afford to buy United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Unless the Saudis want to end up begging on the streets, their first course of action should be to sack Mourinho. Otherwise they will keep spending without looking like they are actually spending. They could spend millions but some will still try to explain how Mourinho isn't well backed blah blah blah.
Mourinho would be long gone if we were owned by the Saudis. Under the Saudis we'd be a FC again which we haven't been since we became a PLC.

Clubs like Juventus for example are football clubs that have owners who do all that is necessary to bring them to the top. Us on the other hand are a club which puts commercial success above all else due to the leeches who own us which is a key reason for our demise in recent years.. LVG was spot on in that regard afew weeks back when he was was on Dutch TV.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Football is corrupt from top to bottom anyway. Any club that isn't fan owned is at risk for a takeover from dirty/unethical money whether state sponsored (Man City/PSG) or from wealthy individuals (Abramovich).

Utd are a sitting duck really as one of the most respected/supported teams available outside Barca/Madrid who will never be sold.

It would be a shame but we live in an unethical world anyway so if you want to compete you have to follow suit as hard as it is.

Saudis are a disgusting regime but they would push you to new heights in some kind of proxy war of dominance with UAE and Qatar.

Reactions: Penna

Inter Yer Nan

I'd be disappointed to see us as another shitty oil funded club. I'd get a kick out of the hypocrisy of the press and City fans crying if we start spending more than them but that's about it. If we are funded by this mob we'll have free reign on the market almost since it's still a big club with history (unlike City) so the biggest names in the market would be a lot more willing to join but it would feel dirty going out there and breaking the bank signing 50-60m players just for the bench and 5 defenders for 300m and such.

I don't want to see this happen but it the thought affects me less than it would a few years ago because I've loved the game less and less due to the direction it's been going.

Bobski

City winning does not really bother me, because they are no longer truly City. This is not a team that fought its way up and through years of good decisions and making the most of what they had/earned established themselves as an elite team and club. It is completely artificial success, Liverpool winning hurts, because they are still a proper football club, and if they get to that point I would have to accept, grudgingly, that they have earned it.

I miss proper football, with a true sporting contest. Yes, money has always been a key factor in winning but the gap between top and bottom, Europe wide, has it ever been wider?

Kammy26

So if we get taken over by the Saudis and start winning again it will be artificial success? That’s BS.

If we get taken over and we spend what we earn what is it like 500 million I am not sure what expenses are but without debt and the glazer dividends, I am sure we would have atleast 250 million to spend from money earned by the club every year. So if we spend the money we earn which is what the saudi takeover will allow, it won’t feel artificial to me.

Foxbatt

At least the players will run stop and try extremely hard or else they may get dissolved.

deafepl

Relax, Richard Arnold is present. As someone else said, it probably has something to do with either existing or new sponsorships.
Interestingly, if that's case, why would Glazers be there?

The Irish Connection

Nah. There’s more to being a soccer fan than just being able to buy every good player out there and win easily. United’s youth players will have to always be a big part of the club for me.
Winning despite weaknesses and idiosyncrasies is what it’s all about too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nah. There’s more to being a soccer fan than just being able to buy every good player out there and win easily. United’s youth players will have to always be a big part of the club for me.
Winning despite weaknesses and idiosyncrasies is what it’s all about too.
It’s a big part of City’s philosophy now too, you know. Did you not see Foden come on for the last few nano-seconds the other day?

Hawks2008

I'd rather not get involved with them. It's tainted money, and we're hardly strapped for cash.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looking like a false alarm and gladly so, the Daily Mail reckon they are speaking at something called the MISK Global Forum.

https://miskglobalforum.com/forum/

Don't think they were on today, Ronaldinho was though at the end.
I was aware he was supposed to attend a event. But he also spent time at the minister of States home for a informal visit which the son of the minister states in the tweet below.

T_Model101

Relax lads, just like every other foreign owner that takes over any club
They definitely won't pass the FA's "fit and proper" owner test
Nothing to see here

hungrywing

Makes total sense, they'll probably make £3.5b profit, the Chancers didn't spend much of their own money to buy the club... But years later they'll have made obscene amounts. Folk should have fallen out of love with the game back then...Fergie kept me sane to be fair...sadly he moved on and we are not the same club anymore. We could spend triple City amounts via the Saudis and play great football but it won't bring back the feeling I had for the game. A potential Saudi take over won't change how many feel - that ship sailed ages ago.
...damn

manutddjw

I’m caught in 2 minds here. On one I’m saying let these fools give us their billions. They can throw out all their propaganda about how great Saudi Arabia is and I’ll just laugh and say no it isn’t and move on. If they are stupid enough to think pouring billions into this club is going to make people forget all the harm they’ve caused then let’s just fleece them mercilessly.

On the other hand I’d hate to have the clubs future in the hands of these people. For all the Glazers faults at the end of the day this is their most profitable endeavour and they have a vested interest in seeing this club prosper. The Saudi’s can come in spend a fortune and decide they don’t want to own us and we’re in a very bad spot.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d never support another English club but I reckon at 35 I’m losing interest in the game in general and this is just yet another giant step in the complete wrong direction. Car crash central from where we were headed pre glazers.... I couldn’t possibly think of worse owners selling to worse owners for Manchester United.

I wish we could just get owners that would let us spend more of the money the fans generate while we still have so many fans out there. We need smart owners who won’t ever trust complete muppets like Woodward running the football side of things again. We really don’t need human rights abusers running this club to achieve that either, just good owners who know about football and are genuinely up for trying to catch city and compete in the CL again.

Last edited:

promisedlanchiao

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment, but if this were Liverpool, I'd be jumping for joy, despite having good owners already.

It's oil money, it's tainted, it comes at the cost of lives, etc... Well, so does pretty much every luxury item you own. Your clothes are made in sweatshops, your electronics are manufactured in a place where suicide nets are put up in place of improvements to basic living standards... Why the selective conscience on this? Or is it just the idea of having to listen to City fans lambast you for what you've given them stick over for the past decade?

You're already owned by foreigners anyway, so it's not like you're losing much there in terms of sticking to the core of who you are. I'd take the better football over any sort of moral high ground, as I already gave up that high ground with the stuff I own anyway.
Every point is top class. Most essentials of our life we own are related to this oil thing, so what will we lose apart from moral high ground to bloody City fans?

Also, with better spending of this money, we could and will challenge city, possibly toppling them. I know what I’d prefer, moral high ground or great performances and victories by the team I love every Wednesday/Saturday.

Obviously if this human rights issue in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries could be solved and innocent people don’t have their human rights violated, it would be much better but now without these countries, we cannot live, so might as well take advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.