Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Wino1

Maybe, I received 1 as P/E the other as a FV buy from an unmanaged club.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I got Liverpool+bye in the cups. Would have preferred to play some unmanaged sides in both cups for rotational purposes. Damn!

Dom Gill

I received double Xabi Alonso's face value as compensation for him retiring so y'all know how it works if you didn't already.
For retiring players could be around how long they are contracted for when retiring. Would be interesting what a 5 year contracted player retires for. Then it would mean contracts mean something.

Got nearly £2m for Kuyt...which is well over 2x. I remember I got a kings ransom for del Piero as well. Might be because I max contracts out on a regular basis.

The Stain

For retiring players could be around how long they are contracted for when retiring. Would be interesting what a 5 year contracted player retires for. Then it would mean contracts mean something.

Got nearly £2m for Kuyt...which is well over 2x. I remember I got a kings ransom for del Piero as well. Might be because I max contracts out on a regular basis.
Yeah could well have something to do with it.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Loan Cap (S14 and onwards)

Div 1
  1. Manchester United - 0/2
  2. Arsenal - 4/5
  3. Manchester City - 0/6
  4. Liverpool - 5/7
  5. Newcastle United - 3/7
  6. Sunderland - 0/8
  7. Aston Villa - 2/9
  8. Chelsea - 8/9
  9. Everton - 3/9
  10. Fulham - 8/9
  11. Nottingham Forest - 0/9
  12. Tottenham Hotspur - 0/9
  13. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 9/9
  14. Darlington 1883 - 0/9
  15. Plymouth Argyle - 0/9
  16. Milton Keynes Dons - 0/10
  17. Birmingham City - 12/10
  18. AFC Bournemouth - 0/12
  19. Bury - 0/14
  20. Southend United - 13/14
Div 2
  1. West Ham - 0/7
  2. Blackburn Rovers - 0/11
  3. Norwich City - 8/11
  4. Southampton - 0/11
  5. Stoke City - 0/11
  6. Leeds United - 0/12
  7. Cardiff City - 0/13
  8. Derby County - 0/13
  9. Leicester City - 0/13
  10. Middlesbrough - 3/13
  11. Sheff Utd - 0/13
  12. Ipswich Town - 0/14
  13. Barnsley - 13/15
  14. Bristol City - 5/15
  15. Charlton - 0/15
  16. Queens Park Rangers - 0/15
  17. Reading - 0/15
  18. Hereford FC - 11/19
Div 3
  1. Swansea - 0/17
Div 4
  1. Kidderminster - 3/23

Wino1

Getting there slowly :) actually have a cup team now, an average one but its better than last season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I got Liverpool+bye in the cups. Would have preferred to play some unmanaged sides in both cups for rotational purposes. Damn!
I've got a Bye+Brighton, however I also face City in the Charity Shield. As that counts to fitness, that is the equivalent of playing in both cups from the first round so not bad. Good news for @infamous7 though as I'll be fielding a weaker side against him.

The Stain

I've got a Bye+Brighton, however I also face City in the Charity Shield. As that counts to fitness, that is the equivalent of playing in both cups from the first round so not bad. Good news for @infamous7 though as I'll be fielding a weaker side against him.
Must be nice. :mad:

The Stain

Being in both cups from round 1 would have been nicer. Gonna be fun trying to rotate my attacking options.
Yeah, good luck with that. Need to figure out how to rotate mine at some point..

infamous7

2 points in the last 5 games vs United
need more than a weaker team lol

Damien

Staff
To loan to specific clubs
  1. John Stones (23/89): Derby County (Agreed) @langster
  2. Jose Gaya (22/89): Hereford (Loaned Out)
  3. Marco Benassi (22/89): Hereford (Loaned Out)
  4. Kurt Zouma (22/88): Bristol City (Loaned Out)
  5. Henrique Dalbert (23/88): Bournemouth @Dans
  6. Kylian Mbappe (18/88): Kidderminster Harriers (Loaned Out)
  7. Arkadiusz Milik (23/88): Bristol City (Loaned Out)
  8. Calum Chambers (22/87): Leicester City (Loaned out)
Available for loan to anyone interested
  1. Santi Mina (21/87)
  2. Tin Jedvaj (21/86)
  3. Enes Ünal (20/85)

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Ok, no worries. All sorted now though, thanks so much @Damien.

I've been out all day so missed the loans :( It's typical how all the players I wanted to loan out were from clubs who have now maxed their loans quota, and I was left with players I don't care if I loan out or not. Gutted isn't the word :( but it really doesn't make much difference anyway.

I was losing over £1m a game last season in Div 2 and that was with a full stadium every single week. It's just simply not sustainable anymore. Basically I have to sell one or two players each season just to cover the wages. I feel sorry for anyone coming down from Division 1. They are going to be crippled with their wage bill, and with so many decent sides in Div 2 now, each place counts because you only get full stadiums if you are winning lots of games.

Also, why the feck do people always bid on players after someone else has? A player that has been available for months, but people only bid after someone makes an initial bid. It makes no sense and stinks of laziness and it always happens. Find your own fecking targets. It's so annoying.

Last edited:

Damien

Staff
5:0 win against Sheffield United in the first pre-season friendly.

De Gea (94)

Aurier (91) Ramos (95) Matip (90)⚽ Roberto (91)

Pogba (93) Alli (91)⚽➕➕
Silva (91) Griezmann (95) Bale (95)⚽➕
Messi (99)⚽⚽➕⭐

Subs: Boateng (94), Goretzka (90), Eriksen (92), Martial (90), Götze (92), Isco (92)⚽, Sterling (91)
Did not travel: Brandt (90), Mercado (89)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on
[/QUOTE]

Tried 4231 in first half and scored 2 goals. Switched to 3133 in second half and scored 3 goals. Hmm.

Wino1

Also, why the feck do people always bid on players after someone else has? A player that has been available for months, but people only bid after someone makes an initial bid. It makes no sense and stinks of laziness and it always happens. Find your own fecking targets. It's so annoying.
If this is in response to me, which I'm guessing it is, bit ott when I'm assuming you bid because you seen the same piece of news that I did, which was published only an hour before I bid. As soon as I came across it I went onto SM to make a bid and seen you had already bid, so I also bid.

In future I'll drop you a message before I bid on anyone with the reasons why I'm bidding and also ask for permission :D

Can't believe how shitty people can get over this game, yes it's good fun and I do really enjoy it, mainly because of the competitiveness of this league, but at the end of the day it is just a GAME.

P.S I love you!

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm not naming names but it happens repeatedly when I bid for players who have been available for months and it's just a little irritating because people obviously wait until they get the notification someone else has bid and then jump in. I'm not getting shitty about it, I'm actually laughing about it.

Wino1

I'm not naming names but it happens repeatedly when I bid for players who have been available for months and it's just a little irritating because people obviously wait until they get the notification someone else has bid and then jump in. I'm not getting shitty about it, I'm actually laughing about it.
Not sure how most people work with transfers and stuff but this time of year I normally look for people who are moving to bigger clubs, if other people see the same news then they will probably bid too.

Bruno Gaspar has just signed for fiorentina, I was tempted to bid but went after other players, today Kidderminster had a bid accepted for him. Same with Filip Krovinovic, signed for Benfica. Again I was tempted then Barnsley signed him.

So my point is, normally everyone sees the same news and bid for the same players. When your in a gameworld as competitive as this it's what is going to happen.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
But if I have X player on my shortlist and just want to monitor him without using up wages/squad place because he won't increase in the next while and someone bids then of course I can compete. I don't get the argument.

Wino1

But if I have X player on my shortlist and just want to monitor him without using up wages/squad place because he won't increase in the next while and someone bids then of course I can compete. I don't get the argument.
Yeah there is also that side of it that I never thought of, to be honest that's probably the main reason why there is a shortlist.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Silly old argument. Clubs might not have space, money, or need at the time. Squad limits to Uphold, they got be good buys now in squads with little space. Players then get linked with moves and that's when bids are placed. Tough.

The worst feckers were the ones on the old system. Where they went through the player search list and look for active bids on players - those were the cnuts who done no work and jumped on bandwagons. At least SM got rid of that transparency.