Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Right, anyone on the caf who wants West Ham United please post in this thread. We are currently in between seasons, they'll be a Division 1 side next season and have £72.1M in the bank. Their players in spoilers below

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It is but he literally just moved to them and don't think he was aware of what their FFP is. If the three transfers go through, he'll get a ban but if he comes on before they go through and withdraws 2 of the bids he might get some leniency
You mean the 8 transfers Damien…

Damien

Staff
Understood.
Thanks. FFP rules are in the OP for future reference.

When at your squad cap you can sign more players but each deal would have to be part exchange so include at least one player.

Rules:
  • A club may not have a squad larger than his Max Squad limit.
  • Loaned In players will count to your squad size.
  • If your squad size exceeds your limit, your club will be banned from transferring any players in to the club. This includes P/E deals.
  • If you reach your squad cap, you may sign players but any deals would require 1 player in and 1 player out to ensure you remain on your squad cap. You can't just accept a bid for one of your players while making a bid for another player. You must either be below cap at time of making bid without players or make a bid that includes a player in part exchange.
  • For teams with squads below the FFP, any bid made on a player shall be assumed to be won by the team bidding, and included in determining your squad limit for FFP.
a) Penalty for FFP violation includes minimum ban of:
  • 1st violation: 1 month
  • 2nd violation: 1 SM season
  • 3rd violation: request to resign

Dom Gill

I think the punishments need revisiting as a whole. I think after a period of time they disappear otherwise long serving managers that are active Wil just get kicked out for mistakes.

If someone is doing it regularly and making excuses Vs someone whose last one was 2 years ago. To have the same punishment is harsh.

I say after 6 months you lose a level of infraction.

All bans to be dated on the OP and can be tracked. We could debate this forever but why not just try it out? Wipe everyone's slate and start all at no infractions and take the recent ones as the first.

I also think it should be the following too.

1st infraction - 1 month ban
2nd infraction - 2 month ban
3rd infraction - 3 month ban
4th infraction - 6 month ban
5th infraction asked to leave

The length of time of the 6 months is after the ban ends, so to reduce from 4th to 3rd would be a 6 month ban, followed by 6 months probation then you hit 3rd. Another 6 months probation to get to 2nd etc.

Thoughts?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
At the time there were only 3 accepted bids

Yes, you can only have 52 players in your squad at one time so you need to withdraw all but one of your accepted bids
There was at one point 8 accepted I have the screenshots of them.

If we’re letting people off for something like this which is a massive let off (8 bids without checking squad cap and no outgoing bids) I absolutely think historic violations need removing after a period of time.

The FFP rules are a lot clearer than they were and when I was new to the set up I wasn’t given any leeway on it despite having players leaving at the same time as arriving. We had an ambiguously worded rule that got me a violation early on (which has since been clarified) and Southampton have gone well above that.

If we’re accepting ignorance of the rules as a defence (a la Boris Johnson) then I’d like to propose historic rule breaks be reset after a period.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
I think the punishments need revisiting as a whole. I think after a period of time they disappear otherwise long serving managers that are active Wil just get kicked out for mistakes.

If someone is doing it regularly and making excuses Vs someone whose last one was 2 years ago. To have the same punishment is harsh.

All bans to be dated on the OP and can be tracked. We could debate this forever but why not just try it out? Wipe everyone's slate and start all at no infractions and take the recent ones as the first.

The length of time of the 6 months is after the ban ends, so to reduce from 4th to 3rd would be a 6 month ban, followed by 6 months probation then you hit 3rd. Another 6 months probation to get to 2nd etc.

Thoughts?
As an idea I'm not too against it, would mean we can keep some users. The downside to it I see is that there is a large group of players who've managed to play the game since FFP came into force and have yet to break it.

Whilst I think after a period of time it gets reduced is fair, 6 months is way too short a period of time.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As an idea I'm not too against it, would mean we can keep some users. The downside to it I see is that there is a large group of players who've managed to play the game since FFP came into force and have yet to break it.

Whilst I think after a period of time it gets reduced is fair, 6 months is way too short a period of time.
It should be at least 1 year before removal. You need to show long term commitment and understanding before any removal of sanctions escalation. Personally I’d be happy with 2+ years.

I can only speak of personal experience but both occasions on my rule breaks I thought I was following the rules as id read them and I was still punished. I think it’s pretty clear for everyone I have no intention of ever deliberately breaking a rule and yet had I done what Stain did that could be me out of the gameworld or had I done what Southampton had I’d have no leg to stand on.

Green_Red

Thoughts?
Having only seen the rules now for the first time I think the punishment should remain as is. There's no excuse for making the mistake more than once. It's an easy thing to stay on top of.

What confused me was the doubling of transfer fee issue being discussed earlier. How does that work in terms of FFP?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Having only seen the rules now for the first time I think the punishment should remain as is. There's no excuse for making the mistake more than once. It's an easy thing to stay on top of.

What confused me was the doubling of transfer fee issue being discussed earlier. How does that work in terms of FFP?
It’s easy now but it wasn’t as straightforward when others got their sanctions. So the Guinea pigs get punished so to speak.

You overbid on 7 players which is ridiculous to be honest and are escaping sanction aparantly as ignorance of the rules is an ok excuse for some.

Dom Gill

6 months is basically 2 seasons. I get wanting for longer but most people aren't really taking this pish so I go with benefit of the doubt to the players here already.

Maybe if you are new to the league and do it keep it for a year and do a tiered system?

What do you think about the new levels 1 to 5 though? Can we get that agreed at least?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
6 months is basically 2 seasons. I get wanting for longer but most people aren't really taking this pish so I go with benefit of the doubt to the players here already.

Maybe if you are new to the league and do it keep it for a year and do a tiered system?

What do you think about the new levels 1 to 5 though? Can we get that agreed at least?
3 with removals for good behaviour is enough. 5 opens it to abuse.

Green_Red

It’s easy now but it wasn’t as straightforward when others got their sanctions. So the Guinea pigs get punished so to speak.

You overbid on 7 players which is ridiculous to be honest and are escaping sanction aparantly as ignorance of the rules is an ok excuse for some.
But I haven't signed any of them. And I didn't overbid I want standard asking price.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
But I haven't signed any of them. And I didn't overbid I want standard asking price.
  • For teams with squads below the FFP, any bid made on a player shall be assumed to be won by the team bidding, and included in determining your squad limit for FFP.

Green_Red

Oh, well then I'm happy to accept the first level 1 month ban.

Damien

Staff
The only reason I remotely suggested leniency was because I forgot to tell GR Southampton's FFP when he took over and from his business at Preston North End the FFP rule never came up.

Added @Green_Red's 1 month transfer ban (until 17th May) to the OP.

Damien

Staff
I’ll take them
Excellent. You can apply now - they'll show up as being in Division 2 but when the fixtures are released on Tuesday they'll be in Division 1.

Their Division 1 FFP (max number of players in squad) will be 48. They're at 50 right now as that was their limit in Division 2. You and the other promoted teams will have until approx 10th May to get your FFP in line so you'll need to sell a couple of players.

Welcome back, great to have you here.

TheReligion

Abusive
Excellent. You can apply now - they'll show up as being in Division 2 but when the fixtures are released on Tuesday they'll be in Division 1.

Their Division 1 FFP (max number of players in squad) will be 48. They're at 50 right now as that was their limit in Division 2. You and the other promoted teams will have until approx 10th May to get your FFP in line so you'll need to sell a couple of players.

Welcome back, great to have you here.
Thank you!

you’ll have to remind me how I jump back in. It’s been a while. I’ll recover my account later and apply however no idea how I find the league and what not

Damien

Staff
Thank you!

you’ll have to remind me how I jump back in. It’s been a while. I’ll recover my account later and apply however no idea how I find the league and what not
League ID is in the OP - 101474 so just search for that. When you get to the multiplayer area there'll be a bit to search for league id

Green_Red

The only reason I remotely suggested leniency was because I forgot to tell GR Southampton's FFP when he took over and from his business at Preston North End the FFP rule never came up.

Added @Green_Red's 1 month transfer ban (until 17th May) to the OP.
Does transfer ban include loans? I think someone's just a bit salty because I wouldn't sell him De Bruyne.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Does transfer ban include loans? I think someone's just a bit salty because I wouldn't sell him De Bruyne.
Really? You bid on 7 players over your limit. Other people have been given sanctions for far less.

If this was literally anyone else I’d be saying the same thing.

Damien

Staff
I don't think anyone should serve a ban tbh, and as for me I didn't even realise I didn't disclose, its like muscle memory to Click that button when bidding on a player.

Can we just equal out the bidding, sell Arouch back to AI then anyone can rebid on him, unfortunately I think the whole idea of only allowing two people to rebid on a player confuses things going forwards, as it would mean everyone would have to track which players were bid on prior.
This is what will be happening. Just need to think of adequate wording to add to the OP.

Dom Gill

We are still talking about the way it was caused.

Please can we talk about wiping the slate clean.

A way to reduce the level over time

And what is appropriate as a punishment nowadays.

Noone here really tries to take the mick so let's be honest that we need to make things more appropriate and remove the punishments for the people who had them prior.

Ps I have never had one (been close) but I think it sucks that we may ask someone to leave when they had an infraction years ago

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We are still talking about the way it was caused.

Please can we talk about wiping the slate clean.

A way to reduce the level over time

And what is appropriate as a punishment nowadays.

Noone here really tries to take the mick so let's be honest that we need to make things more appropriate and remove the punishments for the people who had them prior.

Ps I have never had one (been close) but I think it sucks that we may ask someone to leave when they had an infraction years ago
Ultimately it’s up to Damien.

I’d be all in favour of a drop in level of sanctions after a period of time. A little bit like player concerns.