The Spurs thread | 2016-2017 season | Serious thread - wummers/derailers will be threadbanned

Will Spurs finish in top 4 in the upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Does anyone have any information as to whether or not there is any truth to the speculation around Kyle Walker? Trippier is good, but Kyle walker brings that extra physicality, pace and power on the side that is extremely important.
The word is that he will be allowed to leave if he wants to and it seems he does. He doesn't like that Trippier has been chosen over him recently. Which if true is a pretty shit attitude for him to have.

I have mixed feelings about him to be honest. I like him as s player but il honestly say I think he's quite overrated, he's a top athlete and has improved massively since Poch came but he still lacks end product. For the kinds of fees mentioned I wouldn't really mind if he left.

R'hllor

Net spend is pointless in so many ways, i mean for example, club might rather sell a player for 5 mil and 50% of next sale then lets just say taking 10 mil without any clause from us.

RooneyLegend

Let's get things into perspective here. As 'good' as they have been and similarly as 'poor' as we have been at times this season, we'll still have had a better season than them. That's the bottom line!
Since when did we start rating EL's and league cups that much?

Djemba-Djemba

Seriously @balaks @GlastonSpur @InLevyITrust etc

How long will some of your stars put up with this?

I genuinely think some will get offers in the summer they might really consider.
I think they'll stay together for another year at least.

They really need to start winning trophies though. As good as they've been over the last two years, they've won nothing.

Mana

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs put up a huge fight. But thank God it's over now. The title is ours.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

I genuinely think some will get offers in the summer they might really consider.
I think they should give one last year, same as I feel with De Gea.

We've shown improvements, should get CL and if it wasn't for draws, could have been fighting for the title.
With Tottenham, they don't pay the wages, but they have a good squad that can come close. I'd like to see them have one more year together and if they end trophyless, then they should probably move on

TheReligion

Abusive
No idea, at least we are improving and getting closer. No reason for them to move just yet.
I'm not sure you're any closer after that to be honest.

Seems very similar to last season.

I genuinely thought it would be lesson learned from last year for both players and gaffer.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I know Poch is a very good coach, but when it comes to crunch time, his team keeps faltering. I personally think there's something lacking in his management - maybe he's not ruthless enough or something? He'll certainly get you in top four more times than not, but at the end of the day, it would be criminal not to win a trophy (any trophy) with this team.

Are our resident Spurs fans not a tiny little concerned there's something missing with Poch?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Put up with what mate? Their highest finish in probably 25 years?!
I dislike their rise as much as anyone, but they're at the peak of what they've been in living memory now, so there's no reason to move now!

If the Manc clubs and Arsenal properly get back on song and they fade back out of the top 4 maybe, but way too early to ask it now!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea, at least we are improving and getting closer. No reason for them to move just yet.
Yeah its not so much a "putting up with this" thing for you guys yet like it is getting at atletico for example. Spurd have improved every year with poch and need to keep improving. Probably need that extra star quality which I still think they lack. Kane, eriksen and alli are all quality of course, but getting one real difference maker up there would complete you guys IMO. Question is if you can lure that player.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I know Poch is a very good coach, but when it comes to crunch time, his team keeps faltering. I personally think there's something lacking his management - maybe he's not ruthless enough or something? He'll certainly get you in top four more times than not, but at the end of the day, it would be criminal not to win a trophy (any trophy) with this team.

Are our resident Spurs fans not a tiny little concerned there's something missing with Poch?
Yeah about £100 million quid to spend each season.

TheReligion

Abusive
I know Poch is a very good coach, but when it comes to crunch time, his team keeps faltering. I personally think there's something lacking his management - maybe he's not ruthless enough or something? He'll certainly get you in top four more times than not, but at the end of the day, it would be criminal not to win a trophy (any trophy) with this team.

I agree.

For all the critical comments about Jose and his game/player management he's got that ruthless winning mentality Poch seems to be missing.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I think they'll stay together for another year at least.

They really need to start winning trophies though. As good as they've been over the last two years, they've won nothing.
It will come down crumbling sooner or later if they don't bust their wage structure.

In todays market Dele Alli and Kane are 250k/week talents, Eriksen a 200k/week talent and so on. This is a market that has Lingard and Lovren as 100k/week talents.

Players will only put up with 1/3 of what they can get elsewhere for so long, especially if they are not homegrown die hard fans and local lads.

That is just the way football works. No special set of circumstances or rules for Spurs that applies to them but not anyone else. They either pay market price for their talent or they lose them, simple as.

TheReligion

Abusive
Put up with what mate? Their highest finish in probably 25 years?!
I dislike their rise as much as anyone, but they're at the peak of what they've been in living memory now, so there's no reason to move now!

If the Manc clubs and Arsenal properly get back on song and they fade back out of the top 4 maybe, but way too early to ask it now!
Put up with being consecutive title almost rans and no silverwear.

Deli Alli and co won't care about Spurs highest finish in X amount of years one jot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's get things into perspective here. As 'good' as they have been and similarly as 'poor' as we have been at times this season, we'll still have had a better season than them. That's the bottom line!

if we win the Europa then yes, i'd take our season over theirs.

If we don't though, and come 5th, you'd choose their season.
Cups are great, but 2nd these days is better than 5th and league cup. Sad, but that's what most fans would tell you.

In terms of performances/goals, they've absolutely lashed some teams in the league, and we haven't. We should have done on chances, but haven't gone through with it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Deli Alli and co won't care about Spurs highest finish in X amount of years one jot.
Yeah but how much money do you spend compared to us? We are a much smaller club than you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It's about moving forward. Last year they fell away to 3rd in what many believed was a 2horse race. This year they'll comfortably come 2nd, and also reached the FA semi.
It's about moving forward.

Next year is huge. Fall away a bit, and see the Wembley curse carry on and THEN you could easily see a bit of itchiness in their top boys. As well as in Pocc himself

Boycott

They've won nine in a row and done their best to claw 13 points to 4. Ultimately they've not enough in the tank to go all the way but even that was unlikely to win the title.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand people using the fact that they haven't won anything as a stick to beat them with. Look at their spending, look at their wage structure? It's far below the other clubs.
If Poch had the resources of the other clubs, I'd back him to win the league. He's a seriously good coach.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't know. He's not the best in the market. 30 odd million on Sissoko and whatever it was for Jannsen. This could have been the difference. Both massive flops.
We are on a totally different level to Utd, etc. So it's a bit unfair to compare the teams really but no doubt we came up short again.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yeah about £100 million quid to spend each season.
Leicester didn't have that when they won tbf. You have very good exciting players, most of all very well coached etc, there's no reason for them to put in a sub par performance at crunch times.

red forever

Same old Spurs take them away from the Lane against a half decent team and they are shown up to be a very ordinary side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah but how much money do you spend compared to us? We are a much smaller club than you.
An embarrassing large total for how we'll finish in the league. However, you tend to get a better performance out of the big managers in year 2.

As I always do a little with Man City, i'm sure a lot of other fans worry about the inevitability of us rising back to the top eventually. With the highest money, fanbase and a top manager it would appear sooner rather than later i'd suggest.

But then I think that of City too! Bar the fanbase obviously!

Mike09

The manager, players and fans didn't want to win. Players aren't showing determination to win it, manager didn't start Dembele which gives me a question mark why??, the fans left before even reached the injury time. Lack of winning mentality in my opinion.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I know Poch is a very good coach, but when it comes to crunch time, his team keeps faltering. I personally think there's something lacking in his management - maybe he's not ruthless enough or something? He'll certainly get you in top four more times than not, but at the end of the day, it would be criminal not to win a trophy (any trophy) with this team.

Dude, we just won 8 league games in a row before this.

Now if we finish like we did last year then there should be criticism, but it's a little OTT to go off of one game.

AXVnee7

The FA Cup exit was the real disappointment for Spurs. 2nd and the FA cup would've turned an otherwise good season into a great one for them. Chelsea are too ruthless and experienced to surrender the title race once they opened up a gap. Whilst it's not mathematically over I expect them to be cold blooded and clinch it within the next 2 games. If we beat Spurs then they don't even need to win both iirc. Let's see what unfolds but title chances are looking fairly slim now.

Status
Not open for further replies.