The Spurs thread | 2017-18 season | Serious thread - wummers/derailers will be threadbanned

Will Spurs finish in the top four in the upcoming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I don't quite get why a difficult contract situation results in Alderweireld not playing. He is likely their best CB at the moment. Whether he extends his contract or not, shouldn't he always play when fit?
I'd say Verthongen was better even last season, and although Alderweireld has been an important player I'm not sure he would improve our squad right now if he needs a few games to get his match sharpness back. There are not many games left of the season and I can understand why Poch isn't that keen to break up Verthongen and Sanchez to accommodate a player who is set on leaving.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You've got to think that Jose will be interested in recruiting Toby, we're talking about one of the prems most consistent CB's from the last few years. £35 million would see it happen.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Whoever ends up with Toby are lucky. Have a sneaky feeling Citeh might go for him, ball playing CB and all that.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You've got to think that Jose will be interested in recruiting Toby, we're talking about one of the prems most consistent CB's from the last few years. £35 million would see it happen.
I'd say that would seal his move abroad alright, if and it's a big if he gets sold domestically I would say you would be looks a touch more.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Surely if VVD is going for 70mil, Alderweireld will go for 40-50?

Lloris with yet another mistake. Does he need upgraded?
Maybe a slow transition to whoever Spurs have as their up and coming backup keeper? He's always had the occasional wtf moments in him, which goes with Spurs tradition. Gomes was a total clown, the goal Nani scored where Gomes thought it was a free kick :lol:

Id be curious who would be a decent upgrade available within Spurs tight budget/pay scale and would want to go to Spurs?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Lloris has made some mistakes recently, but I really doubt we look to move on from him just yet.

That said we could potentially move on from Vorm and bring someone young in to make it a slow transition.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Lloris with yet another mistake. Does he need upgraded?
Surely if VVD is going for 70mil, Alderweireld will go for 40-50?

Maybe a slow transition to whoever Spurs have as their up and coming backup keeper? He's always had the occasional wtf moments in him, which goes with Spurs tradition. Gomes was a total clown, the goal Nani scored where Gomes thought it was a free kick :lol:

Id be curious who would be a decent upgrade available within Spurs tight budget/pay scale and would want to go to Spurs?
Wouldn’t dream of moving Lloris on, makes the odd error (more so this season) but what keeper doesn’t. Plus I love the guy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When last did they lose in the league?
They always seem to be at the top of the form table.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Could you please do us a favour and batter City please? You are the inform team along with United, so I think you have it in you to beat them.

The Purley King

Spurs beating city would be great.
Wouldn’t change anything about who wins the league but would be fecking great nevertheless.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs beating city would be great.
Wouldn’t change anything about who wins the league but would be fecking great nevertheless.
Spurs have looked good recently in what ive seen of them, certainly wont be easy for City. Kane probably not 100% but apart from that they look pretty injury free and in good form.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I struggle to see City losing 4 games in a row to be honest and I imagine they'll be looking for a reaction.

However, in terms of style of play, we're probably the club after Liverpool that can be most effective against their style so hoping for a good match!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Should be a good game for the neutral (I'll be in a stress filled anxiety throughout as usual).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely anything less than a win for Spurs will be a disappointment given City's current form?

:angel:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Should be a good game for the neutral (I'll be in a stress filled anxiety throughout as usual).
It's a Saturday night kick off isn't it? 7:45? Should be a good atmosphere if that's the case. I'll be cheering on Spurs for that one

Deleted member 101472

Why do teams even bother trying to counter down the left hand side where walker is retreating? No one ever outpaces him, he’s an average footballer but one of the best at getting back into position.

cyberman

These are the games posters tend to forget when wanting Poch over Jose.
That pressing though...huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.