The Spurs thread | 2017-18 season | Serious thread - wummers/derailers will be threadbanned

Will Spurs finish in the top four in the upcoming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This Danny Rose situation is absolutely baffling. Gotta think that he's off in January, if he's not making even the squads inspite of playing very well against Dortmund.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Looks like Walker situation all over again.

Has probably made his position clear so they’re phasing him out.
Think Walker played alternate games, just like Martial and Rashford did at the start.

Looks like Rose is definitely off.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
I don't understand how this forum is all for whining on Mourinho,United even aftet a victory but a draw for Spurs and none is talking about it, when they beat Real Madrid everyone was here praising Poch and ready to take him over Mou...

prtk0811

I don't understand how this forum is all for whining on Mourinho,United even aftet a victory but a draw for Spurs and none is talking about it, when they beat Real Madrid everyone was here praising Poch and ready to take him over Mou...
Mourinho is doing great , but our attacking play in posession in general needs to be more cohesive fast and effective which is not the case in past few games.

Ban

Pochettino is a redcafe darling so every time he fails there's a big hushness about it. Of course when he does good all this Pochettino to United talk emerges.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not a great result for them yesterday. Spurs seem to be struggling with two games a week.
Yeah I'd have to agree, injuries haven't helped, with some players in really bad form. Think we can turn it around. City have the league won and there is nothing in it between 2nd-4th.

Mike09

That shows how big is Manchester United is, the club is a giant club, top club with a giant expectation. Spurs in comparison is nowhere near and they were very poor yesterday. Spurs has worse away results against top 6 than us but no one make it into a big deal.

James Peril

Spurs will fall out of the top 4 today if either Burnley or Arsenal win, but I guess they are «five points better than the corresponding fixtures last season» or some other crap, so of course they are still going to win the league.

But seriously, moving to Wembley was idiotic - they lose a whole year with the best squad they have had in ages. 12 points out of a possible 21 at home this year, their chances are already gone and the players know it.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Because when they have a bad result Glaston disappears for a week, which means this thread ends up on page 2.

AXVnee7

Yeah I'd have to agree, injuries haven't helped, with some players in really bad form. Think we can turn it around. City have the league won and there is nothing in it between 2nd-4th.
Certainly but the question becomes what next? If you consider City to have won the league, then that's two trophies already gone for Spurs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Certainly but the question becomes what next? If you consider City to have won the league, then that's two trophies already gone for Spurs.
I don't have a crystal ball so I have no idea. Try our best to win the FA Cup and take it a game at a time in the CL.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When they move to their new stadium they still have to get accustomed to that as well before they regain their White Hart Lane home form. You can see Atletico is slightly underperforming in the Wanda Metropolitano this season.

AXVnee7

I don't have a crystal ball so I have no idea. Try our best to win the FA Cup and take it a game at a time in the CL.
Well I was talking about expectations, as opposed to predictions of what will happen. I think it's absolutely crucial you finish in the top 4 because Spurs are probably out of the top 6 team that can least afford to have a stagnant if not regressive season. Still plenty of time yet though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well I was talking about expectations, as opposed to predictions of what will happen. I think it's absolutely crucial you finish in the top 4 because Spurs are probably out of the top 6 team that can least afford to have a stagnant if not regressive season. Still plenty of time yet though.
Expectations is to take the FA CUP as the main trophy to go for, I don't think we will slip out of the top 4. In a bad run of form but I'm sure we can turn it round.

Lan

But seriously, moving to Wembley was idiotic - they lose a whole year with the best squad they have had in ages.
What are you suggesting? Put the new stadium on hold until they have a worse team? :lol::lol:

AXVnee7

Expectations is to take the FA CUP as the main trophy to go for, I don't think we will slip out of the top 4. In a bad run of form but I'm sure we can turn it round.
Let's see how you do. If it goes wrong it'll surely be another trophyless season.

Womp

idiot
Hopefully they pick up their form soon. Genuinely believe both ourselves and Spurs are the only teams capable of beating City currently.

Rafateria

Looks like Walker situation all over again.

Has probably made his position clear so they’re phasing him out.
Which makes complete sense. Just play him when the squad needs rotation. Wish we'd do the same with Can, although we lack the personnel to do so I guess.

Rafateria

Hopefully they pick up their form soon. Genuinely believe both ourselves and Spurs are the only teams capable of beating City currently.
For me City are unstappable and are going to win the PL by 10 pts or more. Very little between the other 5 teams though and all are competing for Top 4. Injuries and the CL draw could play a bigger part than usual this season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can any Spurs fans shed some light on the Danny Rose situation? His omission from the starting lineup speaks volumes, yet I cannot find an article (at least one with any substance) that would indicate him leaving Spurs anytime soon.

Clearly something is amiss, though.

Womp

idiot
For me City are unstappable and are going to win the PL by 10 pts or more. Very little between the other 5 teams though and all are competing for Top 4. Injuries and the CL draw could play a bigger part than usual this season.
Looking like that, but I'm still not fully convinced they can maintain this over the whole season. If they struggle at times, which they most likely will, if the clubs around them are still within distance and are in good form they could close the gap.

Getting to the latter stages of the cup tournaments and later on in the season where fatigue etc. begins to kick in will also be a proper test of their squad.

Think they'll win it too, but nothing is set in stone for me yet. Second half of the season is where managers really earn their money imo.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I fancy Huddersfield to turn them over this afternoon which could spark a bad run of form, eventually resulting in the massive collapse of the wonderous Pep and City.

It's written in the stars.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Been saying for ages that they simply must win a trophy this season or key players/manager will defo be off, and I stand by that.

FA Cup could be really important to Spurs' future.

If they bottle that one as well, I really think a few key names will be leaving this Summer.

cyberman

As we sit today, Utd are closer to City than Liverpool are to us?
Same points difference between Utd v City as there are between Spurs v Utd.
I can't see where one gap is unbridgeable yet another has "Nothing between 5 of them? "

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can any Spurs fans shed some light on the Danny Rose situation? His omission from the starting lineup speaks volumes, yet I cannot find an article (at least one with any substance) that would indicate him leaving Spurs anytime soon.

Clearly something is amiss, though.
I think he will be gone by end of the season. He has burnt his bridges to an extent after that interview in the summer.

cyberman

I think he will be gone by end of the season. He has burnt his bridges to an extent after that interview in the summer.
Surely he pushes for a move in January? Especially In a world cup year?

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
You think he will be sold for as big price as Walker considering Rose never played more than 30 league games in a season?

Will be interesting which clubs will be in for him.
Arsenal and Chelsea are out before it's even started.
City have Mendy. Madrid, Bayern all have better Lbs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Very little between the other 5 teams? Are you kidding?

We've scored more than you and you've conceded three times as many goals, we''re also 6 points ahead of you, pretty much the same deal with Arsenal.

It's going to be City by a comfortable margin, followed by a pack of United, Chelsea and Spurs and Liverpool and Arsenal will finish 10 points off 4th place, minimum.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Because when they have a bad result Glaston disappears for a week, which means this thread ends up on page 2.
Untrue.

I don't comment on every single game, despite the apparent expectations that I should do so.

For example, I didn't comment on our wins over Real Madrid and Dortmund, but I did comment on our loss against Arsenal and our draw yesterday.

Rafateria

As we sit today, Utd are closer to City than Liverpool are to us?
Same points difference between Utd v City as there are between Spurs v Utd.
I can't see where one gap is unbridgeable yet another has "Nothing between 5 of them? "
Well that's back to 8 pts now, and it's all to do with what we are seeing rather than stats on a piece of paper. However the gap from Liverpool to United could easily have just been 2 pts today, as you well know, but for two outrageous slices of luck (and now a 3rd for City). That's just the way it goes. In football you often need that luck (and no it rarely evens out) to get ahead.

However going forward rather than dwelling on an horrendous weekend for us (Arsenals' 93rd min penalty too) when we look at the schedules and who's played who so far I'd bet on there being nothing between those 5 come the half way point .. with City well clear.

cyberman

Well that's back to 8 pts now, and it's all to do with what we are seeing rather than stats on a piece of paper. However the gap from Liverpool to United could easily have just been 2 pts today, as you well know, but for two outrageous slices of luck (and now a 3rd for City). However going forward rather than dwelling on an horrendous weekend for us (Arsenals' 93rd min penalty too) when we look at the schedules and who's played who so far I'd bet on there being nothing between those 5 come the half way point .. with City well clear.
Did you jump on to make this post after the final whistle? :confused:
I guarantee we wouldn't be reading this if Huddersfield held on, that's how "far" away we are from City and how quick it can change

Rafateria

Very little between the other 5 teams? Are you kidding?

We've scored more than you and you've conceded three times as many goals, we''re also 6 points ahead of you, pretty much the same deal with Arsenal.

It's going to be City by a comfortable margin, followed by a pack of United, Chelsea and Spurs and Liverpool and Arsenal will finish 10 points off 4th place, minimum.
The gap from Liverpool to United could easily have just been 2 pts today. So no, regardless of what the goal columns say there is little between any of the 5 teams trailing City at the moment. Certain you are well well wrong with regarding Liverpool and Arsenal though you may take comfort in your opinion for now.

Rafateria

Did you jump on to make this post after the final whistle? :confused:
I guarantee we wouldn't be reading this if Huddersfield held on, that's how "far" away we are from City and how quick it can change
Actually no. I've been online with support for bloody hours trying to fix my website and just checked a few sites whilst tapping my fingers ! However we would both have forecast a City win (just not in that manner) prior to KO so 8 pts difference wasn't exactly a stretch now was it. As for 'how far' .. well it could easily have been 10 pts by now couldn't it !

cyberman

Actually no. I've been online with support for bloody hours trying to fix my website and just checked a few sites whilst tapping my fingers ! However we would both have forecast a City win (just not in that manner) prior to KO so 8 pts difference wasn't exactly a stretch now was it.
It was if you watched the game?
The timing and length of your post is curious, it's almost written straight after the City goal but well leave it as that, no point in falling out over it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The gap from Liverpool to United could easily have just been 2 pts today. So no, regardless of what the goal columns say there is little between any of the 5 teams trailing City at the moment. Certain you are well well wrong with regarding Liverpool and Arsenal though you may take comfort in your opinion for now.
Aunts with dicks.

We’ve conceded 6 goals in the league all season. You’ve conceded 18(!!) and despite apparently playing attacking football you’ve scored less than us and sit 6 points behind us and our best player was out for 2 and a half months.

You’re a mile behind us.

Rafateria

It was if you watched the game?
The timing and length of your post is curious, it's almost written straight after the City goal but well leave it as that, no point in falling out over it
Yes it is a bit strange but honestly just a coincidence as I was online to my website support and then the bloody chat crashed leaving me hanging (so I went to my comfort food - football) - I had to close one account to get the impending US$345 renewal fee back ! Opened a new account (Black Friday offer at US$2.95 per month, much better !) and transferred my website across but what a mess :( Maybe it's because I have no idea WTF I'm doing when it comes to websites :D

Status
Not open for further replies.