The Strike, PFA could miss out

No10

Personly I am 100% behind the PFA.
I just heard Key Bates(h8 him) saying that the TV side are gonna take them to court to get an injunction, if they lose the injunction, Then the TV peeps will start to talk and prolly offer more money.
If however, they win. Then the TV people will give the PFA no money what so ever.

Could this mean the end for the PFA?

Also with the FA backing them, surely the games will just get put back a month, and if thats the case then the strike will not have done anything as the games will still be shown on TV. If the games do go ahead then does that mean teams would have to field only players who voted against the strike??
The chelsea Man Utd game could be like a knock about ina park if that happened.

MW16

Im totally against the strike, they get more money than the average man and the average man does'nt get that sort of help and I don't see the everday people going on strike because of it. I see the point that players are getting ripped off and fair enough there pissed off about it, but they hardly need the money so strking just ruins it for the fans more than anyone and as a fan Im against.

Gazza

Well we had better hope the games are not abandoned/boycotted or put back a month.
Putting it back a month would mean England getting expelled from the World Cup (And other clubs would have to pull their players out) and just mess up the next season.
No television or reports would mean a complete shut-down on any Match reports/fans discussions/End of season videos.
It seems something must be sorted out by Dec 1st :(

MW16

Exactly Gazza, it would cause chaos and the ones who lose out most as always are the fans.
About international football. does that get included in this strike aswell or will they happily play for the team who does'nt pay there wages?

No10

MW16, the money isnt for the well paid players, its for the 3rd div abd players on that wage. Yeah they may earn a bit more per week than the average person, but they only play until 34-37 after that there screwed, its even worse if its cut short. Thats why they are striking coz the money hungry TV peeps dont give a shit about the players. The PFA paid nearly all of Macclesfields wages last season, they could have closed the club other wise.

I agree with the fans bit.
Hopefully it will get sorted, just hope Ken Bates and that git from Leeds dont get there way

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Originally posted by No10:
<strong>The PFA paid nearly all of Macclesfields wages last season, they could have closed the club other wise.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

A good point which many people have missed, how many clubs have the PFA actually kept alive at sticky points in their histories. An old drinking mate used to play in defence for Bury a few years back and took a hell of a lot of stick over the huge wages footballers get and yet the same guy had other jobs to make ends meet. In this situation, when one bad tackle could end it all and possibly prevent you seeking alternative employment the PFA suddenly seems much more important.

MW16 has a point as well however in that the TV cameras are part of what has made the top players stars and allows them to command 20, 30, 40 and 50 grand a week salaries. Yet David Beckham and Michael Owen still pay the same PFA subs of £1.50 per week as the YTS goalkeeper at Accrington Stanley, perhaps the PFA could look to it's members to raise revenues although the risk of isolating itself may be greater than their current approach.

Gazza

Originally posted by MW16:
<strong>About international football. does that get included in this strike aswell or will they happily play for the team who does'nt pay there wages?</strong><hr></blockquote>
I mean if it was postponed for a month like someone has suggested then there is no way the World Cup would be postponed - the English Players would miss out becuase of the Season.