g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music The Strokes

Nickosaur

Angles was shite with some good tunes, Comedown Machine was better, I'd love them to release a belter but I dont have high hopes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Two new tracks in the build up to their first album in seven years. The second of which lifts from Billy idol, for some reason.

I finally got round to listening to these.

Bad Decisions is alright... but the thing that struck me most is that no Strokes song should ever be over 4 minutes long... in fact most shouldn't be over 3 and a half minutes long.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I finally got round to listening to these.

Bad Decisions is alright... but the thing that struck me most is that no Strokes song should ever be over 4 minutes long... in fact most shouldn't be over 3 and a half minutes long.
Why not? Love the new album because a lot of the songs completely switch it up half way through like many great songs. Plus only really their first 2 albums were full of short loud punchy songs

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Their third album was bloated as hell tbf, though that was mostly down to the number of songs rather than their length.

Whereas the problem with the last two was more that they sounded like they were written by a committee of people who didn't get on. Which seems to have been about right. Few bands in recent years have made it as clear how much of a chore making albums is for them.

Acole9

Outstanding
Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus is the best song they've put out for a long time.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Really like the new album that gets better every time I listen to it. Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus is awesome but my personal favourite is Endless Summer.