The Summer 2019 Rebuild

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So the season ends, we finish outside of the top 4 (looking likely), another trophyless season (again likely), the manager is sacked (hopefully) what you would do? Topics for debate..

1- who's the new manager
2- which players do you sell
3- which players do you buy
4- how does your 19/20 Man Utd side line up?

I have no idea who should be our next manager, Poch I guess would be my preference, I can see it being Allegri though with Zidane taking over from him at Juve

I'm increasingly starting to believe Pogba despite his talents is always going to hold us back while he's a starter in midfield so I'm warming to the idea of selling him for anything between £90m upwards and using that money to reinvest

In terms of buys, well where do you start? Can't address everything in one window though that's for sure

19/20 XI

---------------De Gea---------------
Dalot--Alderweireld-- Lindelof--Shaw
----------Fred--------Herrera----------
---------------Eriksen---------------
Dembele-----Lukaku------Martial

Essentially I'm buying Alderweireld for £25m, Eriksen for £80m (he'll be in the last year of his contract), Dembele (for £150m/swap deal with Pogba going to Barca). Midfield still looks meh but I don't know enough about players playing outside the PL to recommend any and in an ideal world Lukaku would be shipped out as well but curious at least to see what he's capable of under another manager as we're certainly not see the Everton or Belgium Lukaku at United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So the season ends, we finish outside of the top 4 (looking likely), another trophyless season (again likely), the manager is sacked (hopefully) what you would do? Topics for debate..

1- who's the new manager

I have no idea who should be our next manager, Poch I guess would be my preference, I can see it being Allegri though with Zidane taking over from him at Juve

I'm increasingly starting to believe Pogba despite his talents is always going to hold us back while he's a starter in midfield so I'm warming to the idea of selling him for anything between £90m upwards and using that money to reinvest

In terms of buys, well where do you start? Can't address everything in one window though that's for sure

19/20 XI

---------------De Gea---------------
Dalot--Alderweireld-- Lindelof--Shaw
----------Fred--------Herrera----------
---------------Eriksen---------------
Dembele-----Lukaku------Martial

Essentially I'm buying Alderweireld for £25m, Eriksen for £80m (he'll be in the last year of his contract), Dembele (for £150m/swap deal with Pogba going to Barca). Midfield still looks meh but I don't know enough about players playing outside the PL to recommend any and in an ideal world Lukaku would be shipped out as well but curious at least to see what he's capable of under another manager as we're certainly not see the Everton or Belgium Lukaku at United.
So we are going to swap one virus for another?

AndyJ1985

There won't be a rebuild. There is never a rebuild. All that will happen is:

1. Woodward will stumble about like an ass looking for the most reputable unemployed manager
2. The new manager will need time to evaluate the current team
3. The same old shite (Jones, Smalling, Fellaini, Lingard ect) will get another season
4. We'll fumble about until the end of the transfer window and eventually buy someone who is considered deadwood a year later

Meaningful change won't happen in one summer. Long-term planning is required to avoid the mistakes we keep making, but that would require replacing Woodward with someone who knows what they are doing.

Bottom line is, keep your expectations low for the foreseeable future.

RedB4ndiT

First step in rebuilding is to hire a new manager with modern philosophies. Until we have Mourinho, we can hold off on any rebuilding because we won't improve. We've already given him 500M and we're no better than when he started.

Moyes or LVG would be doing better than him with 500M tbh.

charlenefan

1. Woodward will stumble about like an ass looking for the most reputable unemployed manager
3. The same old shite (Jones, Smalling, Fellaini, Lingard ect) will get another season
4. We'll fumble about until the end of the transfer window and eventually buy someone who is considered deadwood a year later

Meaningful change won't happen in one summer. Long-term planning is required to avoid the mistakes we keep making, but that would require replacing Woodward with someone who knows what they are doing.

Well they'll be a rebuild in the sense that a new manager will want new players and will bring in at least 3 of them you would think

charlenefan

JB7

Imagine having a rebuild and still ending up with Herrera and Fred in midfield :lol::lol::lol:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

This is depressingly true.

Roboc7

Sadly this is the most likely scenario, there is the perfect opportunity to start the rebuild now. Sack the manager, get the structure in place and recruit the right replacement.

Instead plan will be stick with Mourinho until can’t get in top 4 then hope his out of contract replacement is the solution to every problem.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

1- who's the new manager
1. Pochettino, Zidane, Tuchel, Marco Silva, or Gareth Southgate
2. Pogba, Sanchez?, Lukaku?, Matic, Young, Valencia, Bailly, Rojo.
3. Tanguy Ndombélé/Andre Gomes, Suso, Nicholas Pepe/Dembele, Harry Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Philipp Max, achraf hakimi, Pavard
De Gea
Hakimi - Maguire - Jones - Shaw
Fred - Ndombele
Pepe/Dembele - Suso - Martial
Sanchez

Romero
Bissaka - Smalling- Linderloff - Max
Pavard - Herrera
Chong/Mata - Lingard - Rashford
Greenwood/Fellaini

Last edited:

IrishMcD

1. Pochettino, Zidane, Tuchel, or Gareth Southgate
2. Pogba, Sanchez?, Lukaku?, Matic, Young, Valencia, Bailly, Rojo.
3. Tanguy Ndombélé, Suso, Nicholas Pepe/Dembele, Harry Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Philipp Max, achraf hakimi, Pavard
De Gea
Hakimi - Maguire - Jones - Shaw
Fred - Ndombele
Pepe/Dembele - Suso - Martial
Sanchez

Romero
Bissaka - Smalling- Linderloff - Max
Pavard - Herrera
Chong/Mata - Lingard - Rashford
Greenwood/Fellaini
Harry Maguire and Phil Jones??? Wow. With Southgate as manager. Yup, that would be a great trio to battle to get out of mid table mediocrity. And sell Sanchez but yet have him as our starting striker? Some serious outside the box thinking there.

Amadaeus

Harry Maguire and Phil Jones??? Wow. With Southgate as manager. Yup, that would be a great trio to battle to get out of mid table mediocrity. And sell Sanchez but yet have him as our starting striker? Some serious outside the box thinking there.
Jones, Smalling, Linderloff, Pavard are all center back options alongside Macguire, who is the sort of progressive center back we should be after. It were not long that Jones was our best center back and his pace and aggression could complement Macguire lack of.

Sanchez, I am unsure at the moment. Haven’t seen much of him as striker and I need to see more of him before making such a decision. Lukaku as well I have doubt. He needs to get back in shapeZ

IrishMcD

Jones, Smalling, Linderloff, Pavard are all center back options alongside Macguire, who is the sort of progressive center back we should be after. It were not long that Jones was our best center back and his pace and aggression could complement Macguire lack of.

Sanchez, I am unsure at the moment. Haven’t seen much of him as striker and I need to see more of him before making such a decision. Lukaku as well I have doubt. He needs to get back in shapeZ
Seriously have you watched Maguire play?? He is anything but progressive. He is a fitter and slightly better version of Phil Jones. Media simply blow him up because he is English and they want him to be the new 'Lionheart' ala Terry Butcher.
In relation to Phil Jones being our best defender and having the pace to compliment anyone, when was this? He can't even recover his own mistakes, nevermind anyone else's. He is done. Has been done for a few years. Stealing a living at the club. His wages should be going to someone who can actually play every week.

Chairman Steve

These two points are related to what Guardiola did really well at City. The moment he steps through the door he puts the likes of Hart, Nasri, Mangala available on loan, then the following year he axes a whole bunch of them. He didn’t need to give them a chance. He fecking knew they were gash and it’s been proven that he was right since what are they doing now?

I’m going to be so fecking annoyed if the new manager ends up repeating these two steps. Everyone and their dog knows those players aren’t good enough and they’ve had at least two additional chances to prove themselves with different managers. It feels like we’re going to be stuck with Young and Valencia as full backs until they’re 40 or something, with Jones and Smalling as the centre backs and Fellaini making 300 appearances for Utd.

charlenefan

These two points are related to what Guardiola did really well at City. The moment he steps through the door he puts the likes of Hart, Nasri, Mangala available on loan, then the following year he axes a whole bunch of them. He didn’t need to give them a chance. He fecking knew they were gash and it’s been proven that he was right since what are they doing now?

I’m going to be so fecking annoyed if the new manager ends up repeating these two steps. Everyone and their dog knows those players aren’t good enough and they’ve had at least two additional chances to prove themselves with different managers. It feels like we’re going to be stuck with Young and Valencia as full backs until they’re 40 or something, with Jones and Smalling as the centre backs and Fellaini making 300 appearances for Utd.
Problem is the likelihood is Smalling and Young will be armed with new contracts before the new manager arrives

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We don't need rebuilding. This squad needs new manager because players don't follow Jose anymore. And that manager needs two central defender.

AmanNits04

To be honest. Can anyone tell me what has happened to our club, how did we deteriorate so much?
And when it comes to rebuilding or getting back to where we were .I have no idea what we will do.

Amadaeus

Seriously have you watched Maguire play?? He is anything but progressive. He is a fitter and slightly better version of Phil Jones. Media simply blow him up because he is English and they want him to be the new 'Lionheart' ala Terry Butcher.
In relation to Phil Jones being our best defender and having the pace to compliment anyone, when was this? He can't even recover his own mistakes, nevermind anyone else's. He is done. Has been done for a few years. Stealing a living at the club. His wages should be going to someone who can actually play every week.
Maguire is great on the ball, has good positional sense and spatial awareness, good at aerial battle and has the strength needed to be a physical presence in the back. I have seen him play and so as others who rate him highly. Regardless, macguire is a good addition to the defenders we already have that had one of the best defense in the league last season(or the season before last). It is understandable some fans will underrate some players we have at the moment, but under a good manager, a average player can look top class, as seen with what Poch, Emeri, Klopp, etc., has done with some of their players

IrishMcD

Maguire is great on the ball, has good positional sense and spatial awareness, good at aerial battle and has the strength needed to be a physical presence in the back. I have seen him play and so as others who rate him highly. Regardless, macguire is a good addition to the defenders we already have that had one of the best defense in the league last season(or the season before last). It is understandable some fans will underrate some players we have at the moment, but under a good manager, a average player can look top class, as seen with what Poch, Emeri, Klopp, etc., has done with some of their players
Couldn't disagree more with ya, but hope I never have to say "I told you so" as I'd hate to see Maguire anywhere near our club.

Andersons Dietician

Dream scenario would be we get Pochetinho but can’t really see it happening at the moment. There isn’t really that many available top level managers floating about and I just can’t see Woodward going the hard way to get one so i’ll Just say Zidane.

If I could sell this lot great, doubt it could be done tho.

Sell: Matic, Jones, Rojo, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Fellaini

Probably wouldn’t be able to buy this lot and would still need more for cover.

Buy. Ndombele, Skriniar, Depay (activate clause), Dembele, Neves

Recall/use: Fosu, Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong

Fred, Herrera, Pereira, Smalling, Bailly, Rashford, Lingard would all be involved. Would need some fullback cover to be brought in. Preferably someone experienced for RB but someone to compete with Shaw for LB.
On current form I’d probably drop Lukaku and play Depay upfront actually on 2nd thought.

Last edited:

spe88

Values based on transfermarkt

1- Manager - Allegri
2- Sell: Pogba (90m), Rojo (18m), McTominay (7m), Smalling (18m), Fellaini (15m), Mata (30m)
3- Buy: Meunier (25m), Alderweireld (40m), Koulibaly (60m), Dybala (px Pogba+20m)

Net spend: 57m

4-
De Gea
Koulibaly Alderweireld Jones
Meunier Herrera Matic Shaw
Dybala Sanchez
Martial

JMack1234

If Zidane is available next summer i'm in no doubt Woodward will pick him. That would be peak Woodward.

Josep Dowling

I thought we would do a rebuilding job this summer and push on from finishing 2nd. But the inflated market stopped us in our tracks and Mourinho’s persistence in wanting ready made players means our budget doesn’t stretch that far.

The truth is the squad needs culling. We need to get rid of Jones, Rojo and Darmian for certain. In my opinion we also need to move Young, Smalling, Fellaini, Valencia and potentially Lukaku. This number of players being sold just isn’t going to happen in one transfer window.

We need to change our transfer strategy and stop buying expensive players who simply don’t perform. Why have we moved away from signing good young players who have already got some development? We paid £20m for Dalot who had played 6 games, now he isn’t ready for the first team. When is he going to get his chance, surely we bought him on the idea he was better than Young and Valencia. Liverpool are using Gomez and Alexander-Arnold most weeks and they are a similar age. Buying players like Sancho. Get smart in the market and sign players who’s contracts are running low just like Juventus do.

We need a new manager with an attacking philosophy. We need to buy a CB, a RB and a RW for certain. After that I think we need a DM to replace Matic as his legs have gone and buy a striker who has a first touch.

There is too much work required that can be fixed in one transfer window and that’s why I’m not optimistic for the future. By the time we sort out the defence we will need to sort out our attack again, or De Gea, Pogba and Martial have left. The board need to keep heavily investing until we get back to where we were. We all know that just isn’t going to happen. I’ve given up on the club, it hurts to see the club in this situation and no one in charge is doing anything to change the situation, I just find it bizarre.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you were serious about challenging Man. City Young, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Fellani all need to be ditched.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's completely unrealistic to get rid of basically an entire first team 11 but I'd happily lose any of: Young, Valencia, Darmian, Rojo, Jones/Lindelof, McTominay, Matic, Fellaini, Mata and Lukaku. I personally don't believe any of them belong here for a variety of reason, mainly I don't think they're good enough, will never be good enough, age or injury records.

Managerial preference would be Pochettino, we won't be able to get him so someone young, up and coming and who plays attacking football would be my pick, utilising the youth academy which contains some extremely gifted players is a must as well. Most importantly though I'd install a DoF and take any footballing responsibility away from Woodward. We need a clear vision for the club going forward and need to sign players based around that vision.

It's been clear for a long time we need two CBs, dream partnership would be Koulibaly, who in my opinion is the best CB on the planet, and De Ligt but that's not exactly likely. I think we're more likely to go for Alderweireld again and attempt a cut price deal, I'd be surprised if we went for two as much as I want us to. If we had any chance at prising away Skriniar from Inter I'd like to see us go for him, Pavard but I can't remember if he's already agreed to join Bayern or not. Another option would be trying to give Tuanzebe some game time, I rate him highly and I bet he'd be better value than whoever we could sign for £30m elsewhere. My choice would be sign an experienced and talented player, in the mould of Koulibaly, and promote Tuanzebe to have more first team responsibilities.

We need a midfielder or two, De Jong at Ajax might be an option, Ndombele looks excellent and Aouar looks like a gem too (both at Lyon) but these three will be coveted by all of Europe's elite and cost millions. Ruben Neves at Wolves could be another good option but he'd be costly as Wolves are ambitious and at the moment a rival. I like the look of Diawara at Napoli too but not sure he's really a "United" player, but I'll keep my eye on him. Again, I think we could look within for our midfield options. We've just spent £50m on Fred and we have a talented, hungry, young midfielder with 2 years of first team experience waiting for his opportunity: Andreas Pereira. If you want to look even lower we have even more talented young midfielders, namely Angel Gomes and James Garner. These are players waiting to be moulded into first teamers, they're all very good technically and have the "wow" factor we're looking for, in my opinion.

I think it's imperative that we sign a right winger this summer. We've neglected that position for far too long that it's bordering on shambolic. We let go of Januzaj a few years ago and in hindsight he's been better than anyone else we signed after him. Right wing is the most problematic for the lack of available options, we've massively missed out on some good ones in the last couple of years. Suso's been very good this year but God knows whether a former Liverpool player would join us, Lozano's not a bad shout. Even when I think of academy options Chong still looks a good few years off, not only is he slight but he's very raw too.

As ruthless as it seems I'd be very tempted to get rid of Lukaku if a better option came available, he's not dreadful, we might be able to get a decent fee for him due to his proven record in the PL and I don't think he suits us nor us him at all. Striker is a tricky one though, it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Mason Greenwood so the idea would be find a solid striker for a few years until we can get Greenwood involved in the first team. Although admittedly that just sounds like fantasy nonsense.

TLDR;

Sign CBs, CMs, RW and ST.
Sell all the rubbish.

Johan07

1: Jardim is probably the best option
2: I prefer to list who will be out of the squad nxt year: McTominay needs to go on loan. Darmian is gone, and I guess at least one of the CBs and thats probably Rojo. Pereira is not good enough. That frees up 4 squad places and as long as we can bring in real quality, 4 new signings should be plenty under a new manager. Lukaku and Matic would be the next on my list but I am happy to have them around if they can accept not being first choices. Same with Sanchez.
3: Aldeweireld, Saul Niguez, Ndombele and Lewandowski. Its not gonna happen but not complete unrealistic either.
4: De Gea, Valencia, Aldeweireld, Smalling, Shaw - Saul, Pogba - Martial, Lingard, Rashford - Lewa

SparkedIntoLife

Unfortunately, I fear we're too far off being a top side to expect to become one with some rejigging in 2019. I think we need radical change but don't trust the current setup to implement it properly. The very first thing we need is a quality Director of Football and the appropriate structure to let this person thrive. I want us to be more ruthless with the mediocre players. We have way too many squad players and not enough nailed on first 11 players. I'd rather we filled the squad up with academy players.

We historically have sold players way too cheaply so it seems that the board are trying to be less desperate to offload. I admire that to some degree but that ship has sailed. We just need to get rid.

Here's my rebuild -

Director of Football:
Luis Campos
- brilliant with Monaco and doing well with Lille, unearthed many gems and gets good value. A top modern DoF.

Manager:
Eddie Howe
- I'm on board. There's big question marks about how Bournemouth do in the big games but there's something about going down swinging rather than losing in a tepid, negative manner. With better players and resources, perhaps Howe's approach will be not be punished as much. As for lack of experience, our last 2 managers have been hugely experienced and failed. I don't see experienced, available candidates of the right profile. 4 of the last 6 Champions League winning managers (Zidane, Enrique, Ancelotti, Heynckes, Di Matteo, Guardiola) hadn't managed at CL level before their appointments at those clubs. Plus he's a likeable guy with integrity who will bring back some class and respect to the role of United manager/head coach.

General Formation:
Howe seems to play either a dynamic 442 or 4231 with inverted wide players, a left footed centre back in the left sided position, central midfielders who both defend and attack and players with decent pace and movement.

Goalkeepers:
IN - NONE
OUT - Joel Pereira, Dean Henderson (loans)
SO - 1) David De Gea, 2) Sergio Romero, 3) Lee Grant

Right backs:
IN - Stefan Lainer (approx. £15M from RB Salzburg), Lee O'Connor (partially promoted)
OUT - Antonio Valencia (free), Tim Fosu Mensah (loan), Matteo Darmian (approx. £5m)
SO - 1) Diogo Dalot, 2) Stefan Lainer, 3) Lee O'Connor

Left backs:
IN - Kieran Tierney (approx. £25M from Celtic), Ethan Laird (partially promoted)
OUT - Ashley Young (free), Demi Mitchell (approx. £3m), Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (approx. £2m)
SO - 1) Kieran Tierney, 2) Luke Shaw, 3) Ethan Laird

Centre backs:

IN - Nikola Milenkovic (approx. £45m from Fiorentina), Mario Hermoso (approx. £35m from Espanyol)
OUT - Eric Bailly (approx. £20m), Phil Jones (approx. £5m), Axel Tuanzebe (loan)
SO - 1) Nikola Milenkovic, 2) Mario Hermoso, 3) Chris Smalling, 4) Marcos Rojo, 5) Victor Lindelöf

Central midfielders:

IN - Tanguy Ndombele (approx. £50m from Lyon), James Garner (partial promotion)
OUT - Paul Pogba (approx. £90m), Scott McTominay (loan)
SO - 1) Tanguy Ndombele, 2) Fred, 3) Ander Herrera, 4) Nemanja Matic, 5) James Garner

Right wingers:

IN - Nicolas Pepe (approx. £30m from Lille), Tahith Chong (partially promoted)
OUT - NONE
SO - 1) Nicolas Pepe, 2) Juan Mata, 3) Tahith Chong

Left wingers:

IN - Jadon Sancho (approx. £75m from Dortmund)
OUT - Alexis Sanchez (free)
SO - 1) Jadon Sancho, 2) Jesse Lingard

Attacking midfielders (if 4411):

IN - Angel Gomes (partially promoted)
OUT - NONE
SO - 1) Andreas Pereira, 2) Marouane Fellaini, 3) Angel Gomes

Strikers:

IN - NONE, Mason Greenwood (partial promotion)
OUT - James Wilson (approx. £5m)
SO - 1) Anthony Martial, 2) Romelu Lukaku, 3) Marcus Rashford, 4) Mason Greenwood

Starting 11s:

442 -
De Gea;
Dalot, Milenkovic, Hermoso, Tierney;
Pepe, Fred, Ndombele, Sancho;
Lukaku, Martial

4231 -
De Gea;
Dalot, Milenkovic, Hermoso, Tierney;
Fred, Ndombele;
Pepe, Lingard, Martial;
Lukaku

Net spend:
Approx. £145m based on the above but substantial reductions in wages

In Rainbows

I'm just amazed people want rid of our best midfielder instead of adding to our best midfielder.

Panther

I'll give realistic and idealistic versions of what I want

Realistic
1- Someone who's experienced and unemployed. I think one of Jardim, Blanc and Zidane.
2- which players do you sell Depends on the manager but I doubt we'll see too many players leave, maybe De Gea if he puts enough pressure on us to move to somewhere like Real or PSG.
3- I think the manager will most likely buy players he's worked with before. Probably a big marque signing too.
4- De Gea - Valencia, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw - Matic, Fred, Pogba - Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez

Idealistic (not likely at all)
1. Pablo Machin has done a fantastic job at Sevilla so far and did a pretty great job at Girona too but is a bit on the inexperienced side and doesn't speak English. Jardim did a pretty good job at Monaco too but fell off a bit, also doesn't speak English as far as I know. Marcelo Gallardo and Erik ten Hag are also two other promising managers, though they also don't speak English. Eddie Howe's name has been thrown around too but he's a big risk, potentially another Moyes.

2. I don't think Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Pereira, Rojo, Young, Felliani, Valencia, Matic and Darmian are good enough for the level we want to be at. I'd only really push to sell Young, Jones, Pereira, Rojo, Valencia and Darmian though. Maybe Sanchez and Herrera too.

3. So my guaranteed starters for next season would be David de Gea, Luke Shaw, Bailly or Lindelof, Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and Romelu Lukaku (depending on form). So that leaves right back, centre back, defensive midfielder, central midfielder and right winger. I'd probably try to buy Meunier for right back, who I predict will cost around £20m. Centre back, I'd push for De Ligt who optimistically would cost around £60m. For defensive midfielder, I'd try to sign Alex Witsel who'd cost like £25m. For central midfield, maybe Ever Banega for £30m. For right wing, I'd sign Nicolas Pepe who I predict will cost around £50m. Maybe Mitrovic from Fulham too just as back-up for when Lukaku or Rashford aren't firing, would set us back around £10m. That's only another £195m on new signings. We would probably be lucky to raise £50m from Young, Jones, Pereira, Rojo, Valencia, Darmian and Herrera considering our track record with selling.

4. De Gea - Meunier (Dalot), Bailly (Lindelof), De Ligt, Shaw - Witsel (Matic), Banega (Fred), Pogba - Pepe, Lukaku (Mitrovic), Martial.

Fosu-Mens

Director of Football:
Luis Campos
- brilliant with Monaco and doing well with Lille, unearthed many gems and gets good value. A top modern DoF.

Manager:
Eddie Howe
- I'm on board. There's big question marks about how Bournemouth do in the big games but there's something about going down swinging rather than losing in a tepid, negative manner. With better players and resources, perhaps Howe's approach will be not be punished as much. As for lack of experience, our last 2 managers have been hugely experienced and failed. I don't see experienced, available candidates of the right profile. 4 of the last 6 Champions League winning managers (Zidane, Enrique, Ancelotti, Heynckes, Di Matteo, Guardiola) hadn't managed at CL level before their appointments at those clubs. Plus he's a likeable guy with integrity who will bring back some class and respect to the role of United manager/head coach.
Agree on the two most important elements in bringing in Campos and Howe.

Regarding the players:
Laird is RB.
O'Connor similar to O'Shea can play in multiple positions.
Tierney is a must if he will sign. Far better than Shaw(Who is overrated imo.)
Hermoso is class, but Real Madrid has a buy-back option at 7.5m euros and is rumoured to buy him back this January.
Not sold on N. Milenkovic. Rather have Akanji at BVB.
Selling Pogba without seeing him play under a manager other than JM? Would be better under a manager with an idea on how to attack.
Ndombele is great. Should have signed him this summer together with Torreira, as someone on here wanted.
Jaden Sancho mainly plays on the right side for BVB, and only seen him for them one time on the left and was not nearly as effective there.

The central midfield you have proposed would get smashed. Fred and Ndombele both play with rather high risk in their game, and Herrera mainly contribute through running and not when he is on the ball. Matic should be given a month away from playing matches to try to regain his former level of performance, but i fear that he played with injections for too many matches last season(and the WC) and that this started his decline.

Nep77

Manager: Poch or Howe
Out: Darmian, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez
In: Pavard, Alderwerild, Dejong/Neves, Richarilson, Callum Wilson

Degea
Pavard Toby Lindelof Shaw
Neves/Dejong
Fred/Herera Pogba
Rashford Martial Richarilson

Martial will play basically as linkup forward dropping deeper while Rashford and Richarilson will play as RF and LF.

Subs: Grant, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Andreas, Fred/Herera,C.Wilson,Lingard.
Promote and start involving Chong, Greenwood, Garner, Gomes and O'conor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Agree on the two most important elements in bringing in Campos and Howe.

Regarding the players:
Laird is RB.
O'Connor similar to O'Shea can play in multiple positions.
Tierney is a must if he will sign. Far better than Shaw(Who is overrated imo.)
Hermoso is class, but Real Madrid has a buy-back option at 7.5m euros and is rumoured to buy him back this January.
Not sold on N. Milenkovic. Rather have Akanji at BVB.
Selling Pogba without seeing him play under a manager other than JM? Would be better under a manager with an idea on how to attack.
Ndombele is great. Should have signed him this summer together with Torreira, as someone on here wanted.
Jaden Sancho mainly plays on the right side for BVB, and only seen him for them one time on the left and was not nearly as effective there.

The central midfield you have proposed would get smashed. Fred and Ndombele both play with rather high risk in their game, and Herrera mainly contribute through running and not when he is on the ball. Matic should be given a month away from playing matches to try to regain his former level of performance, but i fear that he played with injections for too many matches last season(and the WC) and that this started his decline.
I mean what's all this obsession with 20 yr olds? This ain't fifa manager. We need experienced players to get things going.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
1- who's the new manager

Don't know

Jones, Darmien, Sanchez, Lukaku, and one of Rojo or Bailly

Others stay for another season before reassessing (Mata, Fellaini, Lingard, although they can do a job as backup. Young and Valencia stay as cover only and retire here, or get rid of one and keep Darmien for cover).

Koulibaily, Skriniar, Neves, Zaha, Icardi

That's a shit tonne of money, but we need big upgrades across the park. Knock a CB off if needed but imagine just nailing those two positions properly.

If Liverpool can play as well as they did last season and spend 200m, we can surely spend 400-450m in a crisis.
Even Fulham, Leicester, West Ham, Everton spent around 100m, while we only spent the same as Wolves in summer. Just fecking do it and get the team quality up imo (with no knowledge of our books of course).
There's a few good looking prospects in fullbacks positions around at the moment, so keep an eye on those for the season after, in case Shaw completely stacks it or Dalot doesn't work out.

DDG
Dalot Koulibaly Skriniar Shaw
Fred Neves Pogba
Zaha Icardi Martial

Imagine that with an attack minded manager.

Last edited: