The Summer 2019 Rebuild

JMack1234

I'd appoint Monchi as the director of football.

I hope we get Poch and maybe we will if things go south with Spurs or they just have another year of doing okay. However I think he might want the chance to be the guy who takes them into the new stadium and Levy is going to demand the moon on a stick in return for his services. This is why I think we'll Zidane as our manager IF he's available in the summer.

Any manager will want to rebuild the defence. Start to move out the old school of Jones, Valencia and Smalling whilst moving on those who aren't good enough like Rojo. Then start to bring in different central defenders who are more comfortable with the ball.

Then bring in a different sort of defensive midfield like Neves.

RedDevil5

I actually don't think there will need to be an absolutely massive rebuild. I think we should try and aim for top four next year, with the very outside chance of a title run if it all goes right. To do that, I think there will need to be replacing, but not a massive job.

1. Set at GK

2. Fullbacks are the big ones. We need a good RB in the worst possible way, and the new manager will likely want a new LB as well (not fully sold on Shaw). But RB is imperative, unless Dalot shows a lot this year.

3. A world class CB would be useful to pair with either Lindelof or Bailly. Sell one of Jones/Smalling and Rojo. Axel will be next year for depth.

4. Midfield doesn't need too much. Realistically, with a good manager, Pogba and Fred should be starting most games and playing well. Ander could be the third midfielder, or Perrira could get a go. Matic could be kept for depth, but I don't think he should be a starter anymore. A good CDM could be useful, but I don't feel it's imperative.

5. Martial starting at LW/LM, with Rashford there for depth as well. Lingard for CAM or RW/RM, or maybe Alexis. We could use a RW though. This is another important position for me along with RB. If we do get a RW, sell Mata. I'd try to sell Alexis, but I don't see anyone wanting him and his wages he'll ask for. Think we're stuck with him for now. Hope a new manager can help him get somewhat back to his old ways (his best days are behind him IMO).

6. I'd start next year with Lukaku up top, but only because I don't see us signing three massive players (RB, one of CDM/RW, and then ST on top of that). You could play Rashford or Martial up top as well if you don't like Lukaku. Could try selling him, but not sure the club will do it after only two years. Hope this is just a bad year under a manager he doesn't fit well under. But I do concede we will need to improve here, but I think 2020 summer is more likely.

7. Depth is OK for the most part as far as I'm concerned. Axel and TFM will be back next year, Henderson will be back for backup if Romero leaves, we have Scott, Fellani, Andreas, Pogba, Fred, Matic, and Ander for midfield. Could have another person too if we sign a CDM/CM. Decent depth out wide, just need the players to start playing better. Hopeful that can happen under a better manager. Shaw/Young for LB or Shaw/new LB signing for LB, and Dalot/new signing RB for RB.

It will take money, yes. It will also require selling off the dross. But it can be done with a few big name signings, and some other shrewd business. If we have a DoF by then, I think we can do it well enough to get back to top four in 19/20.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This is depressingly true.
It really depends on how much of the current problems are directly down to Jose.

If it is 100% then a new manager should result in a major improvement with the current squad.

However, if it is not all down to him then a major rebuild would be necessary.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I actually don't think there will need to be an absolutely massive rebuild. I think we should try and aim for top four next year, with the very outside chance of a title run if it all goes right. To do that, I think there will need to be replacing, but not a massive job.

1. Set at GK

2. Fullbacks are the big ones. We need a good RB in the worst possible way, and the new manager will likely want a new LB as well (not fully sold on Shaw). But RB is imperative, unless Dalot shows a lot this year.

3. A world class CB would be useful to pair with either Lindelof or Bailly. Sell one of Jones/Smalling and Rojo. Axel will be next year for depth.

4. Midfield doesn't need too much. Realistically, with a good manager, Pogba and Fred should be starting most games and playing well. Ander could be the third midfielder, or Perrira could get a go. Matic could be kept for depth, but I don't think he should be a starter anymore. A good CDM could be useful, but I don't feel it's imperative.

5. Martial starting at LW/LM, with Rashford there for depth as well. Lingard for CAM or RW/RM, or maybe Alexis. We could use a RW though. This is another important position for me along with RB. If we do get a RW, sell Mata. I'd try to sell Alexis, but I don't see anyone wanting him and his wages he'll ask for. Think we're stuck with him for now. Hope a new manager can help him get somewhat back to his old ways (his best days are behind him IMO).

6. I'd start next year with Lukaku up top, but only because I don't see us signing three massive players (RB, one of CDM/RW, and then ST on top of that). You could play Rashford or Martial up top as well if you don't like Lukaku. Could try selling him, but not sure the club will do it after only two years. Hope this is just a bad year under a manager he doesn't fit well under. But I do concede we will need to improve here, but I think 2020 summer is more likely.

7. Depth is OK for the most part as far as I'm concerned. Axel and TFM will be back next year, Henderson will be back for backup if Romero leaves, we have Scott, Fellani, Andreas, Pogba, Fred, Matic, and Ander for midfield. Could have another person too if we sign a CDM/CM. Decent depth out wide, just need the players to start playing better. Hopeful that can happen under a better manager. Shaw/Young for LB or Shaw/new LB signing for LB, and Dalot/new signing RB for RB.

It will take money, yes. It will also require selling off the dross. But it can be done with a few big name signings, and some other shrewd business. If we have a DoF by then, I think we can do it well enough to get back to top four in 19/20.
If Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal are the new normal, we are definitely not set at GK.

The game has changed. DDG is definitely the best shit stopper in the world, but he’s no longer the best goalkeeper.

I don’t think any of those clubs (Chelsea and Arsenal perhaps but probably not) would swap their keeper for ours.

Edit : Shit stopper was a typo. But I’ll allow it.

Maticmaker

The 'rebuild', if there is any, has to start at the top. Suspect we are more likely to see a change in owners than a change in manager!

The Glazer's 'United project' effectively ended when their biggest asset SAF retired. They perhaps now realise it will take time to find anyone who can come close to replicating his success and hence may decide to cash in on their asset, rather than attempt a rebuild?

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
If Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal are the new normal, we are definitely not set at GK.

The game has changed. DDG is definitely the best shit stopper in the world, but he’s no longer the best goalkeeper.

I don’t think any of those clubs (Chelsea and Arsenal perhaps but probably not) would swap their keeper for ours.

Let's crawl first.

reddevil702

1- Manager - Pochetino or Howe
2- Sell -Jones, Young, Valencia, Matic, Darmian, Sanchez, Rojo
3- Buy - Neves, De Ligt and Sancho
4-
---De Gea---​
Dalot - De Ligt - Lindelof -Shaw
-Neves-​
-Fred - Pogba-​
Sancho - Lukaku - Martial

Bench - Rashford, Mata, Herrera,Chong, Fellaini, Pereira, Lingard, Bailly, Smalling, Gomes

SparkedIntoLife

Agree on the two most important elements in bringing in Campos and Howe.

Regarding the players:
Laird is RB.
O'Connor similar to O'Shea can play in multiple positions.
Tierney is a must if he will sign. Far better than Shaw(Who is overrated imo.)
Hermoso is class, but Real Madrid has a buy-back option at 7.5m euros and is rumoured to buy him back this January.
Not sold on N. Milenkovic. Rather have Akanji at BVB.
Selling Pogba without seeing him play under a manager other than JM? Would be better under a manager with an idea on how to attack.
Ndombele is great. Should have signed him this summer together with Torreira, as someone on here wanted.
Jaden Sancho mainly plays on the right side for BVB, and only seen him for them one time on the left and was not nearly as effective there.

The central midfield you have proposed would get smashed. Fred and Ndombele both play with rather high risk in their game, and Herrera mainly contribute through running and not when he is on the ball. Matic should be given a month away from playing matches to try to regain his former level of performance, but i fear that he played with injections for too many matches last season(and the WC) and that this started his decline.
Laird can play all across the back four pretty well (as can O'Connor as you rightly say). He's played left back very well for England under age sides if I recall. Yep Tierney could be really special. His leadership qualities excite me too; we've typically benefited a lot from having British players with strong personalities in the past. We have very few like that now with our English lads being fairly passive by and large.

You're probably right about Hermoso. Can't see Real passing up that option. I understand regarding Milenkovic/Akanji. In an ideal world too, we probably wouldn't want to introduce two foreign centre backs who have never played in England. However, I think we just need to strengthen and I'm unconvinced by the domestic options.

Pogba is uber talented but I'm fed up of how he's treated this club in both his last and current spell. I agree he'd do better under a new manager, especially an attacking one, but I believe we should sell him while memories of the WC win are still fairly fresh and his value is high.

Sancho played on the left wing for the England U17s in their WC win. He was excellent there. I agree that he's doing better for Dortmund on the right though.

I'm not so sure about Fred and Ndombele getting smashed. Both are essentially box to box midfielders that are great at winning the ball. Both can anchor midfield, though it isn't their best strength. Maybe it's the Fergie fan in me but I don't think holding midfielders are essential to modern day midfields. I acknowledged that the lineup is very attacking though.

Thanks for your thoughts. Interesting that you'd go for the Campos/Howe combo too. Agreed with your thoughts on ayushreddevil9's comment about 20 year olds. Buying ready made stars hasn't worked out well for us in recent years and we need more dynamism and excitement. We've historically done better at making stars (i.e. buying them before their peak or producing them from the academy) than buying existing stars. Curious for your ideas of who you'd sign in this rebuild?

Fosu-Mens

@SparkedIntoLife

Real will not pass on Hermoso for 7.5m euros.

The rebuild is to some extent dependent on getting a manager that can improve the players and most importantly who we are able to get rid of given that none of our players will be able to get the same wage they are on at different club. As said earlier either, Howe or Pochettino would do the trick as manager, but i fear that the board/Woodward would find it difficult to market Howe as a manager and will most likely go for the "most known out of contract" manager they can get. Campos would be great as a DoF, but in all honesty i think that as long as we get a DoF and that Woodward/Board stays clear of footballing decisions we should be happy.

Which players we should keep is similar to this:
The players who are worth keeping are De Gea, Smalling (squad player), Dalot (maybe, but he's given a chance), A.Pereira (chance), Pogba, Lingard (squad player), Fred (maybe, must be given a chance), Rashford and Martial. The rest has nothing to do in a Manchester United shirt, as they are not good enough or maybe not fit enough (thinking Jones, Bailly etc). Promoting: Gomes, Chong, Mitchell, Laird, Garner, and Greenwood.
As i have stated earlier, we will not be able to challenge for anything next season unless we buy 9 players in their prime and are able to get them to play efficient together at once, so we should rather buy young, develope the players over time and after two/three seasons be able to challenge for something big. People thinking we will be able to challenge for title next season is the same people that thought we would not be sh*t this season.

RB: Let Dalot play for the rest of the season. Should be enough time to evaluate if we need to get a new starting RB. If we need a new RB i
LB: Tierney, far better than Shaw (don't understand why people rate him. Giving him £150k a week is yet another example of how bad the club is with negotiating contracts.) If we are able to sell Shaw, then we should go for Wan Bissaka as a backup.
CB: Akanji from BVB would be my prefered option for the future(BVB would be reluctant to sell given he has just recently arrived). Nathan Ake would be an improvement from the current lot(If Howe is the next manager i can easily see us signing him). Finding CBs that are better than those we currently have is not exactly difficult, but finding the next Vidic/Rio is not exactly easy. An Ake/Akanji pairing would be interesting. If we can't get both, signing Alderweireld as a short term solution would not be bad either.

CM/CDM: Whom to get as a midfielder is very much dependent on what type of football this club wants to play. Regardless of this, we should have players that compliment each other in abilities, but at the same time must be able to pass the ball and move faster than Giroud. Wanted Torreira and Ndombele before the WC. Now only Ndombele is left, but his price has increased a lot. Aouar would be my first option as we already have Pogba, and Ndombele reminds me to much of him, but a midfield trio of Pogba, Aouar and Ndombele could be deadly. If we want a straight up Matic replacement there are a number of alternatives available: Ibrahim Sangare, Ndidi, Sander Berge, Billing, Toussart etc. All good, young players and some of them would not cost the world. A more expensive alternative, but better would be Brozivic, but he seems happy in Italy.

Attacking players: If Sancho is attainable get him. Hudson-Odoi does have a contract expiring after next season and should be near the top of our list. Both players can play LW/RW and should be able to perform despite their young age, and both will become starters for England at the next WC.

Strikers: Ideally we would want Lewandoski, but doubtful he would go to MUFC in our current state. Luka Jovic is the next best/big thing. Good with both feet, can receive the ball, not the fastest or the strongest but not slow or weak either. Would not cost the world, a better footballer compared to Lukaku.

Given that we have sold half our squad, we should be able to afford these players(Ndombele and Aouar would be costly, but we could let go of the buyback clause on Depay for a reduction in the price, the same goes for Wan Bissaka and Zaha.)

Within 2 seasons, with the right management, training and tactical system this team should be able to compete for the title:

Dave
Dalot(Or someone else) - Akanji - Ake - Tierney
Aouar - Ndombele - Pogba
Sancho - Jovic - Martial

reddaz71

Apart from a managerial change there will be no other changes whatsoever,Jones,Smalling,Young,Valencia,Mata etc will get extended deals!

Trizy

Anyone selling Lukaku? We won't win a league title with him in the team. Now be the time to cash in.

Trizy

Who will be willing to give him the wage we are giving him? (The same can be said regarding most of our less productive players)
Unfortunately I don't have an answer or solution for that. Lets just hope they're man enough to know when they're not wanted.

Walters_19_MuFc

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Having came in and made a significant impact, I personally feel he should be given the job. He knows what the clubs about and with the help of those around him, I feel he can get the club back to where we belong.

Lukaku - 50M
Sanchez - 20M
Mata - 15M
Valencia - Free
Bailly - 25M
Darmian - 10M
Pereira - 10M
Rojo - 10M
Fosu-Mensah - 8M

= 148M

Koulibaly - The signings speaks for itself. Leader and complete defender which is what we're crying out for - 80M

Pellegrini - An attack minded centre midfielder, who can play deeper if/when needed. Would be a good cover for Pogba or to play deeper in games we dominate - 35M

Werner - Like Rashford, he's all action and runs the channels very well. Contract expires in 2020 so we'd be getting him for cheaper. Has also said he would like a move to Man United. - 35M

Wan-Bissaka -
We have a young right back in Dalot, but Bissaka to me has the potential to be on a complete different level. The guy truly has everything - 30M

N Pepe - Wouldn't be my first choice, but we need a direct winger, which Pepe is. Left footed too, which would give our attack a bit more balance - 40M

= 190M

NET SPEND = 42M

Starting XI:

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Koulibaly Shaw
Herrera Matic Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial​

Subs: Romero Smalling Young Fred Pellegrini Lingard Werner

Squad players:
Grant Jones Dalot McTominay Gomes Chong Greenwood​

Fosu-Mens

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Having came in and made a significant impact, I personally feel he should be given the job. He knows what the clubs about and with the help of those around him, I feel he can get the club back to where we belong.

Lukaku - 50M
Sanchez - 20M
Mata - 15M
Valencia - Free
Bailly - 25M
Darmian - 10M
Pereira - 10M
Rojo - 10M
Fosu-Mensah - 8M

= 148M

Koulibaly - The signings speaks for itself. Leader and complete defender which is what we're crying out for - 80M

Pellegrini - An attack minded centre midfielder, who can play deeper if/when needed. Would be a good cover for Pogba or to play deeper in games we dominate - 35M

Werner - Like Rashford, he's all action and runs the channels very well. Contract expires in 2020 so we'd be getting him for cheaper. Has also said he would like a move to Man United. - 35M

Wan-Bissaka -
We have a young right back in Dalot, but Bissaka to me has the potential to be on a complete different level. The guy truly has everything - 30M

N Pepe - Wouldn't be my first choice, but we need a direct winger, which Pepe is. Left footed too, which would give our attack a bit more balance - 40M

= 190M

NET SPEND = 42M

Starting XI:

De Gea
Herrera Matic Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial​

Squad players:
Other than some of the numbers you use for players in and out, this is not that unrealistic and could be possible with a netspend under £150m.

wolvored

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Lukaku - 50M
Sanchez - 20M
Mata - 15M
Valencia - Free
Bailly - 25M
Darmian - 10M
Pereira - 10M
Rojo - 10M
Fosu-Mensah - 8M

= 148M

Wan-Bissaka -

= 190M

NET SPEND = 42M

Starting XI:

De Gea
Herrera Matic Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial​

Squad players:
All the others I agree with but Mata is out of contract and will go on a free. I think you would have to let Sanchez go on a free as well due to his wages, as well as Rojo as I can't see anyone paying as he is so injury prone.

Aloysius's Back 3

Trying to be realistic with only 4 Summer transfers:
Rice, wan bissaka, Neves & De ligt

Winter Transfer : Sessegnon or Tierney

Next Summer
If Greenwood struggles to take step up add Sancho or if Lukaky is unhappy being subs option that ONLY ever plays as a RF; never a CF/ST.

• De Gea
  • Lindelof - Rice (false CDM) - De Ligt
  • Wan Bissaka - Neves - Pogba - Shaw (Sessgenon/ tierney if unable to keep up)
  • Martial (False 9)
  • Greenwoord (Sancho if doesnt step up) - Rashford

Subs

Romero
Smalling/ Jones/ Bailly/ Tuenzebe
Young/ Shaw / dalot
Matic /Herrera/ Fred /TFM
Chong/ Lukaku/ Lingard

Out

Sanchez, Mata, Rojo,Valencia, darmian, Pereira

Sell Lukaku if he isnt happy being a subs option & replace with Sancho ie sell for big money to spend big money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wan-Bissaka, Koulibaly, Joao Felix, Jadon Sancho and I'm happy :cool:
Mind, we'd still need a midfielder :wenger:

Revan

Assumptionman
Center back (possibly Alder, ideally De Ligt or Koulibaly), a right back in his prime (Dalot can deputize for both sides), a central midfielder and a right-wing striker (like Sancho), and we are ready to go.

deadrevelz

:lol:

A good start to the summer would be getting the De Gea contract sorted, along with Herrera.

Ideally:
Out: Darmian, Rojo, Valencia, Mata, Sanchez, Lukaku and one of Smalling, Jones or Bailly gone.
In: De Ligt, Bissaka, Sancho, Kante, Joao Felix and ball playing mid(?)

Realistically we will probably get one CB (not De Ligt), a RW (not Sancho) and a CM (feck knows).

Jacob

I'll bite.

1) Pochettino with a DoF abiding by similar principles as him and the club

2)

OUT:

Lukaku - 52M
Sanchez - 20M
Mata - 15M
Valencia - Free
Bailly - 25M
Darmian - 10M
Pereira - 10M
Rojo - 10M
Fosu-Mensah - 8M

Revenues: 150M

3)

IN:

De Ligt - 65M
AWB - 35M
Alex Sandro - 50M
Sancho - 85M
Rice - 35M
Mertens - 20M

Costs: 270M

Net spend: 120M

4)
Starting XI:

DE GEA (Romero)

AWB (Dalot) -------------- DE LIGT (Jones) ----------- LINDELÖF (Smalling) ----------- SANDRO (Shaw)

MATIC (Rice)

HERRERA (Fred) -------------------------POGBA (McTominay)

SANCHO (Lingard) ------------------------------------------------------------------- MARTIAL (Mertens)

RASHFORD (Greenwood)​

Subs: Romero, Smalling, Shaw, Rice, Lingard, Mertens, Greenwood​

Stepney73

Looking at the above posts who in their right mind would pay 50+ for lukaku

StrettyEnder07

My personal perfect summer would be something along the lines off:

Apparently the budget given is £250 (from media sources anyway so take that with a pinch of salt, but lets go with it).

Out:
Lukaku 60m
Sanchez free
Mata free
Pereira 10m
Valencia free
Rojo 10m (but probably free!)
Darmian 15m

In:
Wan Biasska 35/40m
Neves 50m
Koulibaly 80/85m
Sancho 70m
(Potentially a versatile striker that can play left/up front, Werner a good option).

I would be happy to then promote Gomes/Chong/Greenwood to the squad and give them a chance next year as squad players.

My team would be:

DDG

Wan Biasska
Koulibaly
Lindelof
Shaw

Neves
Herrera
Pogba

Sancho
Rashford
Martial

Bench/Reserve:
Romero, Young, Dalot, Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Fred, Matic, Lingard, Gomes, Greenwood, Chong

Cabin Clown

GK:-------------------- De Gea -----------------
DF: Wan Bissaka - Koulibaly - Lindelof - An attacking left back (possibly Sancho)
CMD: -------------------Neves-------------------
MD: -------------- Pogba -- Eriksen ------------
FD: -------Lingard --- Rashford --- Martial-----

We need huge investment to fix ourselves defensively. I'd focus on that in the summer, although a midfield link up man like Eriksen is absolutely essential.

Last edited by a moderator:

haram

Next Summer
If Greenwood struggles to take step up add Sancho or if Lukaky is unhappy being subs option that ONLY ever plays as a RF; never a CF/ST.

• De Gea
  • Martial (False 9)

Subs

Romero
Young/ Shaw / dalot
Chong/ Lukaku/ Lingard

Out

Sell Lukaku if he isnt happy being a subs option & replace with Sancho ie sell for big money to spend big money.
Wingbacks are not good enough going forward, Martial doesn’t work hard enough off the ball to play false 9.

Aloysius's Back 3

Wingbacks are not good enough going forward, Martial doesn’t work hard enough off the ball to play false 9.
I understand the wingbacks could be more attacking but that back 3 is attacking as it can get. All 3 are ball players.

You got any attacking RWB's in mind? Sessegnon is as attacking as we could get at LWB.

haram

I understand the wingbacks could be more attacking but that back 3 is attacking as it can get. All 3 are ball players.

You got any attacking RWB's in mind? Sessegnon is as attacking as we could get at LWB.
No, but even Sessegnon has done nothing to prove he can play as a LWB at this level.

Fosu-Mens

What prices would you change?
Players going out:
Sanchez: With those wages we will be lucky to not pay him off. 0.
Lukaku: Wages and his "standing" in football has decreased. £30m-£40m at most.
Mata: 0. Out of contract.
Darmian: 2020 if we activate the clause. £5m max.
Pereira, Rojo, TFM might not get us that much either.

Pellegrini: £22,5m clause. Dependent on exchange rate.
AWB: With the amount of money in the EPL and the number of interested clubs: Between £40-£50. We could trade in our sell-on percentage from Zaha. Bidding war and someone not interested will drive the price up.
Pepe: Will cost £50m at least. Bidding war and someone not interested will drive the price up.

StrettyEnder07

Players going out:
Sanchez: With those wages we will be lucky to not pay him off. 0.
Lukaku: Wages and his "standing" in football has decreased. £30m-£40m at most.
Mata: 0. Out of contract.
Darmian: 2020 if we activate the clause. £5m max.
Pereira, Rojo, TFM might not get us that much either.

Pellegrini: £22,5m clause. Dependent on exchange rate.
AWB: With the amount of money in the EPL and the number of interested clubs: Between £40-£50. We could trade in our sell-on percentage from Zaha. Bidding war and someone not interested will drive the price up.
Pepe: Will cost £50m at least. Bidding war and someone not interested will drive the price up.
Nothing like a bit of positive thinking for a Monday haha

AndyJ1985

Next Summer

• De Gea
  • Martial (False 9)

Subs

Romero
Young/ Shaw / dalot
Chong/ Lukaku/ Lingard

Out

So your strategy to win the league next season is to throw a handful of kids in to the first team. Yeah this isn't football manager. We need experienced players too

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Lukaku - 50M
Sanchez - 20M
Mata - 15M
Valencia - Free
Bailly - 25M
Darmian - 10M
Pereira - 10M
Rojo - 10M
Fosu-Mensah - 8M

= 148M

Wan-Bissaka -

= 190M

NET SPEND = 42M

Starting XI:

De Gea
Herrera Matic Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial​

Squad players:
Considering Chong, Gomes and Greenwood aren't exactly ready physically for senior football, I just dont think we'll sell all 3. Pretty certain number of ins=number of outs in attack atleast
Then there is the midfield depth part- I don't think we'll be going into the season with just 6 players capable of CM job as we're playing 4-3-3. As in McT will at best be the 7th choice player. The reason I say this is because, we're playing at a much higher intensity now than earlier seasons, which increases the possibility of injuries as well. So I just don't think we'll go in with Pellegrini, McT and Fred as our backups moreso because Matic is on his last legs.
Finally are some of the transfer prices. Assuming all these transfers do take place which is unlikely, Pellegrini will go for atleast 45-50m, Mata will go for less than 10m if he signs a contract else free, Sanchez will go for free due to his wages if he does leave, AWB will cost atleast 50m, Pereira will be released. Koulibaly and Werner will go for 10m more than what you've quoted here. So, your net spend is off by atleast 70-80m. And you've assumed a lot of outgoings, something that I just dont see happening

Fosu-Mens

Nothing like a bit of positive thinking for a Monday haha
Yeah. I might have been a little to optimistic in that we actually manage to sell Sanchez, but thats me being subjectively positive regarding Sanchez. Expect him to be here next season and keep trying to "get back in top form" --> Far over the top physically(unless a trip to Juventus helps as it has for many physically finished players before) and more interested to play with his dogs than trying learn how to press/play as part of a team.

NoPace

I think we're best off securing a couple top players, we can be a bit less ambitious at RB with Dalot a good future prospect.

Spend a fortune on De Ligt, a right winger like Sancho and then we can buy a DM we think is still a year or two away if we can't get Rice or Neves, and a very solid starting RB in their mid 20s like Leicester did with Pereira or Everton did with Digne. I don't watch Strasbourg play ever, but as an example, Whoscored has their RB, Kenny Lala, age 27 as being the best RB in France this year, and skimping a bit on a mid-table player who can give us 2 years of production while Dalot learns his trade and maybe only costs like 12-15M in transfer fees make sense to me if we want to throw 100M at Ajax for De Ligt, Dortmund for Sancho.

So yeah, 10 year players at CB and RW, the best DM prospect we can get and the best immdiate producion/value buy at RB seems like it would cost around 225M (80, 100, 30, 15) and would give us a squad that makes sense right now and long-term, though we'd still be a Pogba injury away from having to press as high as Liverpool do to make up for a lack of creativity in midfield.

If Fred isn't a starter for us, we need to quickly sell him for 25-30M somewhere, forget about the loss and find someone, even if they're a 10 and we have to go 4-2-3-1, who can create a bit when Pogba is out and can come on when we want 2 creative midfielders with Herrera coming off or being the 6 covering a ton of space behind them. So really we do need 5 players.

StrettyEnder07

Yeah. I might have been a little to optimistic in that we actually manage to sell Sanchez, but thats me being subjectively positive regarding Sanchez. Expect him to be here next season and keep trying to "get back in top form" --> Far over the top physically(unless a trip to Juventus helps as it has for many physically finished players before) and more interested to play with his dogs than trying learn how to press/play as part of a team.
Was only a joke mate, yeah not sure on Sanchez, can't see him pulling up any trees but if he goes we need to get another forward in, not sure it can all be done in one window, big turnaround of players.

Ah well hopefully last night cheered you up a bit!

Fosu-Mens

Was only a joke mate, yeah not sure on Sanchez, can't see him pulling up any trees but if he goes we need to get another forward in, not sure it can all be done in one window, big turnaround of players.

Ah well hopefully last night cheered you up a bit!
I was running with the joke...
Generally a positive person, but gets a little agitated when people are saying we will get £xxxxm for certain players. No sensibility behind those statements.