The Third Redcafe Sheep Draft

Marty1968

:lol: That combination was the sole reason I even set that criteria.

Have we officially had Jonjo taken away, and Spearing put in instead then?
Yeah I definitely recall being given Jonjo. Damn you Bleezy for your harsh sheep in the newbies (i do remember that now you mention it). ;)

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
:lol: That combination was the sole reason I even set that criteria.

Have we officially had Jonjo taken away, and Spearing put in instead then?
Yes. I saw you already had Baros, a very good sheep in comparison to others, can't give you another middle of the road one.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
SHEEP ALLOCATION:

Joga Bonito - Sam Allardyce

Isotope - Bob Holmes
- Preston North End and England chap from the turn of the 19th century:

The Stain - Antonio Borges

@
joga bonito
@Isotope
@The Stain

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
The Stain (1) Stoichkov (2) De Gea (3) Xavi (4) R. Carlos (5) Cohen (6) Antonio Borges
Joga Bonito (1) Kocsis (2) Schuster (3) Thuram (4) Michel (5) Grabowski (6) Allardyce
Chesterlestreet (1) Šekularac (2) Franklin (3) Larsson (4) Mendieta (5) Mullery (6) Junior
Sjor Bepo/Physiocrat (1) Charisteas (2) J. Johnstone (3) Bergomi (4) Schneider (5) Trautmann (6) Hoddle
Snow (1) Boniek (2) Djemba-Djemba (3) M. Laudrup (4) Arce (5) Bale (6) Mario Coluna
EAP/ctp (1) Džajić (2) Monti (3) C. Moore (4) J. Luis Sierra (5) Socrates (6) Luis Pereira
MJJ (1) Yashin (2) A. Hansen (3) Völler (4) R. Gomez (5) McGrath (6) Souness
Marty1968/bleezy (1) Baros (2) Fontaine (3) Kahn (4) Srna (5) Jay Spearing (6) Cerezo
Stobzilla (1) Demyanenko (2) Dixie Dean (3) Hierro (4) Ha Seok-Ju (5) Gerrard (6) Henry
Skizzo/Pat (1) Dasayev (2) Pedernera (3) N. Santos (4) Nelinho (5) Antognoni (6) José Manuel Moreno
mazhar13 (1) Netto (2) Schiaffino (3) Matthews (4) Genghini (5) Hasselbaink (6) Stielike
Invictus/KM (1) Bene (2) Liedholm (3) Chipperfield (4) Lee Chun-Soo (5) Hellstorm (6) Trésor
Tuppet (1) Olisadebe (2) V. Mazzola (3) Balint (4) Wynalda (5) Djimi Traore (6) Breitner
Isotope (1) Boban (2) Sivori (3) F. Walter (4) Branco (5) Hyppia (6) Bob Holmes
Enigma_87/RedTiger (1) Stojkovic (2) Redondo (3) Cannavaro (4) Kubik (5) Signori (6) Vogts
Cal? (1) Vidic (2) Reus (3) Zidane (4) Beckham (5) De Rossi (6) Ibrahimovic

BLOCKED LIST: Ferenc Puskas, József Bozsik, Dejan Savićević, Duncan Edwards, Ladislao Kubala, Florian Albert, Gyula Grosics, Paolo Roberto Falcao, José Santamaria, Franco Baresi, Lothar Matthäus, Elias Figueroa, Misael Escuti, Sepp Maier, Tarcisio Burgnich, David Villa, Ronaldinho, Zico, Lionel Messi, Daniel Passarella, Teófilo Cubillas, Robin Van Persie, Diego Forlan, Pierre Littbarski, Tom Finney, Gordon Banks, Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbuaer, Frank Rijkaard, Didi, George Best, Jurgen Kohler, Rivaldo, Gerd Muller.

Enigma_87

You know who
Halfway through and 4 managers without sheep. Well done guys it has really been tough rounds to keep sheep free :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Halfway through and 4 managers without sheep. Well done guys it has really been tough rounds to keep sheep free :)
I just got really lucky with that Beckham pick, I was convinced he'd be gone.

As for the moustache round, I'm still shocked the most obvious pick wasn't picked.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Ah, yes! Best moustache for sure. Also, i'd like to be referred to as "Detective Moustache" from now on.

Enigma_87

You know who
BTW, just did some research on Bob Holmes. Isn't he a left back? Isotope has already picked Branco, why would he need another left back? :confused:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Spearing! Great to see him in the draft, him and his cat :drool:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'll just put "Bob" on my formation. Some might be mistaken him for Bobby Charlton. Happy days!

ROUND 7

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

ROUND SEVEN: WORLD CUP PENALTY SHOOT OUTS

The instructions for this round are:
  1. Choose a World Cup penalty shoot out.
  2. Choose one player who scored a penalty and one player who missed a penalty.
  3. If either or both of your players are blocked, you are locked to the same World Cup and any other penalty shoot outs that took place in that tournament.
Example from Euro 2012:

You choose Italy v England as your shoot out. You choose Mario Balotelli as your scoring penalty and Ashley Cole as your missed penalty. However, some other tit choose Andrea Pirlo as his scoring penalty and Ashley Cole as his missed penalty. In that situation you get Balotelli and he gets Pirlo. However, Ashley Cole is blocked and you must then both find someone else from Euro 2012 who missed a penalty.

Only where there are no players remaining for you to pick are you then free to choose another match in another World Cup tournament.

Please provide a link to the match in question when submitting your two players.

Last edited:

Marty1968

I presume that if you, and several others went for the same tournament, blocked the players and there were no other shootouts in that tournament you then get a free reign of any of the other tournaments?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I presume that if you, and several others went for the same tournament, blocked the players and there were no other shootouts in that tournament you then get a free reign of any of the other tournaments?
Only if all available players were blocked. For example - 6 managers choose the same tournament. There are 3 players who missed a penalty in that tournament. You all choose the same player. In the second stage, you have to fight for the remaining 2 players who missed a penalty. Only when all players are blocked can you move on to have a stab at another tournament.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
In that situation you get Balotelli and he gets Pirlo. However, Ashley Cole is blocked and you must then both find someone else from Euro 2012 who missed a penalty.

Only where there are no players remaining for you to pick are you then free to choose another match in another World Cup tournament.
If we need to change the whole WC do we keep Balotelli/Pirlo?

Cal?

CR7 fan
A seriously problematic round, very few defenders take penalties and I need defenders. :(

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not only that, but the pool itself is quite limited given the many blocked/picked players who took penalties.

At least this round should be fast.
Doubted, limited pool means people dithering with their choices...

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm actually dreading this round more than any of the previous. Seems like if we don't get a pass in 1st attempt we'll just be picking our own sheep. :nervous:
Pretty much this. Hopefully we won't clash with Joga, Snow or Cal, because I have that feeling. :nervous: