The Title Race 2013/14

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
The title is going elsewhere this year, but we're still in with a great shout of Champions League football. We'll make a few signings in the next few weeks, which should give us all a lift.

Saints be praised hes said it!

Of course you are, you'll get 4th I have little doubt. Liverpool will be the ones to make way I feel as they have come up short against the big boys and look as though they could lose a couple in a row.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
5 points off top 4. We'll make that. The title won't happen, but I doubt any of us realistically thought we stood a chance anyway even if we won this game.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Why do people think we'll make top 4? We've been playing absolutely awful football and every point we pick up seems lucky.

Look at the Storey table to see how far back we are in relative terms.

Glanville95

Of course you are, you'll get 4th I have little doubt. Liverpool will be the ones to make way I feel as they have come up short against the big boys and look as though they could lose a couple in a row.
We've lost against City, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

Safe to say we do also.

Only title-winning form from now until the end of the season would see us steal a top four place and given the quality we possess, I just don't see that happening. A signing of Ozil proportions that injects massive quality into the first team, but also galvanizes the squad as a whole is what is needed, but that's not gonna fecking happen.

Snipers Breath

United have come up shorter, and we have no problems dispatching the smaller teams.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
United have come up shorter, and we have no problems dispatching the smaller teams.

Thinking about it I guess there is the problem for United that they have a lot of the very tough games still to come whilst Liverpools are at home, but then United seem better on their travels.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
We're looking at potentially 3 or 4 players: a full back, a Centre midfielder and one or two wingers. Montoya, Fernando, M'vila, Rakitic, Cabaye, Salah and Tello have all been linked heavily. Salah is pretty much done.

Christ that's some list, especially when January is apparently a difficult window to make signings :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

We scarcely look capable of beating the "big boys" either. Liverpool have an advantage in that they have enough goals in the side to beat the cannon fodder whereas we struggle. For example even taking today's defeat we'd be in a completely different position if we had beaten Cardiff, Southampton and West Brom.

I think we'll finish 5th and only because Everton don't have the required depth and will taper off.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
We scarcely look capable of beating the "big boys" either. Liverpool have an advantage in that they have enough goals in the side to beat the cannon fodder whereas we struggle. For example even taking today's defeat we'd be in a completely different position if we had beaten Cardiff, Southampton and West Brom.

I think we'll finish 5th and only because Everton don't have the required depth and will taper off.

That would be the worst case scenario imo. You really want to avoid the EL. Finish 7th rather than 5th. Although that may be redundant if you win a cup.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Obviously not all will happen. I'd expect three new additions though, potentially 4.

Indeed, I'm just laughing at the oft-repeated excuses about January being a difficult month for transfers which are aired when United are concerned, while Liverpool seemingly have little trouble bringing in Salah and others seem to be in the works :annoyed:

Amir

We'll make a few signings in the next few weeks, which should give us all a lift.
A FEW? I think you're quite optimistic. I'll be surprised with one, which I believe could be a left back. I'll be stunned with two.

We can certainly make the top 4, but something has to change in order for that to happen. 20 games in, and we simply don't deserve to be there.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Indeed, I'm just laughing at the oft-repeated excuses about January being a difficult month for transfers which are aired when United are concerned, while Liverpool seemingly have little trouble bringing in Salah and others seem to be in the works :annoyed:
We've also brought in Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez during January windows. If anything we need to do ALL our business in January to save us from the rubbish we buy in summer. :(

Mersault

This reminds me a little bit of the self-imposed pressure Arsenal players put on themselves a few years back. They'll never win a quadruple.