The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

Yeah they ain't giving away an 11 point lead. The proof is in their overall performances, they've rarely been outplayed in the PL so it's not like they fluked their way to the top of the table.
They were close but they got a lot of lucks that come their way. Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd. it's the sign of the champions, unfortunately.:(

padr81

Supports
Man City
I can easily see pep after winning the league giving a cocky interview of how his football is the only way football is supposed to be played. I always feel pep is far from a saint and has a cnutish behaviour in him but fair play to him for managing to win the league in England.
Strange as I've never heard him give that interview before after winning harder comps with a better Barcelona team.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
They were close but they got a lot of lucks that come their way. Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd. it's the sign of the champions, unfortunately.:(
Lots of luck but in all 3 cases we were the better team and deserved all 3 points. Strange view of luck. Would have been unlucky not to win.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's not 14 points unless you've conceded defeat tomorrow.

Keegan lost a 12 point lead.

Giving up before Christmas!
Keagan didn’t have the managerial league winning experience, nor did his players or club, nor did he have the talent or depth that Guardiola and City and some of their key players has.

It’s a massive difference.

They may cock it up, but it would be as unprecedended as their current season so far. We are talking a virtual opposite on what they have delivered so far, whilst we or chelsea achieve what they have done so far. Realistically I can’t see either occurrence happening.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
Starting to believe we won't blow it now. think the gap is too big. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me but when you're crushing Spurs with Mangala in the team, Delph at LB and David Silva away it's a good sign.
Missing Kompany, Stones, Mendi and Silva - all of whom are immediate starters. And we still thrash Spurs who played with 11 men rather than the 9 they should have had. It bodes well.

stepic

there is no title race. city have won. to think otherwise is delusion.

its ok. work in progress. next year will be different, but we need to improve massively because this is a great city side. the best they've had.

Park Life

Supports
Manchester City
Close to what?
How were we lucky in any of the games you mentioned?

Hawks2008

This shit hurts. Seeing them walk the title hurts, being behind them by 11 points hurts. I hope it hurts the players and the manager too.

SAFicus

Great to see all the City 'supporters' popping up on redcafe of late... Cretins.

LLMU

Looking at them and how they are in that zone now where everything seems to go their way makes it harder to swallow. Fair play to them and Pep as he seems to coach them to a level where they are playing with so much effeciency . And showing you don’t need a team of giants to dominate opponents.

deafepl

Close to what?
How were we lucky in any of the games you mentioned?
I mean, with Lukaku changed the games that cost us a game.Morata's injury cost Chelsea when they were comfortable with attacking, since Morata got injured, they sit deeper and defend. Liverpool were down to 10 men. I'm not surprised cos any champions need a bit of lucks in a game anyways.

Captain Obvious

Ive all but given up on the league, not because i think we're bad or something but city are just too good

However, theyve hit their ceiling and will eventually crash because there is no way but down from where they currently are performance wise, its not possible to maintain that level until the end of the season AND play in the champions league and FA CUp

the only thing im hoping for now is that they lose at least one Premier league game before the season ends so we dont have to call those blue cnuts the invincibles.

Stop worrying , enjoy the ride and hope we do well in the CL. The League is done for

DRM

Ive all but given up on the league, not because i think we're bad or something but city are just too good

However, theyve hit their ceiling and will eventually crash because there is no way but down from where they currently are performance wise, its not possible to maintain that level until the end of the season AND play in the champions league and FA CUp

the only thing im hoping for now is that they lose at least one Premier league game before the season ends so we dont have to call those blue cnuts the invincibles.

Stop worrying , enjoy the ride and hope we do well in the CL. The League is done for
This X 1000 and couldn't agree more. League as you say is well and truly over. I'm looking forward to seeing Pogba back and how we perform in the CL.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClosetDevil

Pretty big lead City have racked up.

Odds are certainly in their favour now. I don't think any team has come back from being this far before Christmas?

Nero

Drawing today is completely irrelevant to the title race. It was over way before today.

peridigm

The league winners will break more records by the end of season.

Earliest title win.
Largest margin.
Most points ever in a season.
Most goals scored.
Fewest goals conceded.
Largest goal difference.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
City's form and winning run would've been tremendously difficult for any team to keep pace with. Those dropped points tonight aren't any easier to accept, mind. Absolutely ridiculous.

U99ted

The league winners will break more records by the end of season.

Earliest title win.
Largest margin.
Most points ever in a season.
Most goals scored.
Fewest goals conceded.
Largest goal difference.
Nah, they're not conceding less than 3 goals in 19 games.

Anyway, this is done. Might as well lock the thread.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It’s was over weeks ago, might as well Close this thread and be done with it.

Jacko21

Done and dusted.

I won't be in Manchester in May - not sticking around to see that sh*t. Will be insufferable.

Man-United

But it was too early in november according to one of the always changes thread titles Mods so december is probably too early also.

Status
Not open for further replies.