The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kelly was always a stooge. He was given a liberal (pun intended) benefit of the doubt due to his military service as one of ‘the adults in the room,’ but he’s simply another Trumper in the end.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Dunno, that's what I am asking. I wouldn't normally post her bullshit but there's an apparent connection and more than a few on Twitter are getting worked up about this arrest. People saying there's a clear link to the Trumps, especially Eric but so far nobody has explained why. :confused::houllier:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Does anyone have leverage to oust a chief of staff, apart from Trump?
Public pressure would certainly do it as Trump doesn't like his subordinates to be viewed as stealing his limelight. That said, removing Kelly would probably be a bad thing as we don't know who would replace him and whether that person would be any less feckless and being able to control Trump's antics.

roseguy64

Public pressure would certainly do it as Trump doesn't like his subordinates to be viewed as stealing his limelight. That said, removing Kelly would probably be a bad thing as we don't know who would replace him and whether that person would be any less feckless and being able to control Trump's antics.
No one can control it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is interesting because if you apply the same rules, does anyone think Trump would qualify for a security clearance with his secretive business dealings, multiple sexual relationships he paid for to be hidden and obviously a pathological tendency to lie and an urge to impress other VIPs?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This is interesting because if you apply the same rules, does anyone think Trump would qualify for a security clearance with his secretive business dealings, multiple sexual relationships he paid for to be hidden and obviously a pathological tendency to lie and an urge to impress other VIPs?
Nope, It's already been made clear he wouldn't get a security clearance in any other position other than President where he can't be denied one. Insanity 101.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's been waxing poetic recently. Must be feeling pressure from somewhere.
He only comes across as philosophical because's obliged to communicate in generalities - he can't afford to be too specific (about, say, sexual misconduct) for fear of overwhelming criticism.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Raw Story said:
Fox News host Jeanine Pirro suggested that former President Barack Obama was to blame for the scandal surrounding ex-Trump aide Rob Porter.

“You want to stop a four-star general who is running the White House, who believes in chain of command, who makes a decision within forty minutes, because you hate President Trump? Find another scapegoat. You might want to look at the last president,” she said.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Only just got around to watching the first episode of Dirty Money on Netflix (that episode is about the VW diesel scandal) and that alone is enough to understand why the dirty corporations of the world probably love Trump to stick around as long as possible. I forgot that even W was in support of cutting greenhouse emissions drastically and promoting renewable energy... Unlike the orange man. Seeing that episode or i.e. America finally able to make FIFA feel some pain makes me proud. And now we have this. I know there is an episode basically entirely about him. Joy. Not sure how much of what is in there I didn't already know tho.

I'm so done with all this shit. It's not fun anymore. It's exhausting at this point. I'm ready for Mueller or whoever is the guardian angel to save this country from itself.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Only just got around to watching the first episode of Dirty Money on Netflix (that episode is about the VW diesel scandal) and that alone is enough to understand why the dirty corporations of the world probably love Trump to stick around as long as possible. I forgot that even W was in support of cutting greenhouse emissions drastically and promoting renewable energy... Unlike the orange man. Seeing that episode or i.e. America finally able to make FIFA feel some pain makes me proud. And now we have this. I know there is an episode basically entirely about him. Joy. Not sure how much of what is in there I didn't already know tho.

I'm so done with all this shit. It's not fun anymore. It's exhausting at this point. I'm ready for Mueller or whoever is the guardian angel to save this country from itself.

I haven't seen that episode (I watched the HSBC and the pharma ones fully and loved them) but W is the one who fully killed Kyoto, probably still the single biggest catastrophic decision if you're looking at long-term impacts on climate change. The same thing as Trump with Paris, but earlier (when there was a chance of saving more).

Fwiw, I think the Trump ep was boring - he is a dirty construction guy who stiffs his contractors. Only watched the 1st half.

Redplane

I believe that makes you a Dreamer.

It ain't happening mate.
LOL. Americans have dreams too according to the man himself.

I haven't seen that episode (I watched the HSBC and the pharma ones fully and loved them) but W is the one who fully killed Kyoto, probably still the single biggest catastrophic decision if you're looking at long-term impacts on climate change. The same thing as Trump with Paris, but earlier (when there was a chance of saving more).

Fwiw, I think the Trump ep was boring - he is a dirty construction guy who stiffs his contractors. Only watched the 1st half.
Good point re Kyoto. Forgot about that. Climate change aside though- in a sense the far bigger concern I got from that documentary is that we have arguably the only government where we have multiple departments and agencies and other institutions independent and powerful enough to truly hold a company like VW with its feet to the fire - yet the erosion of that strength of the American government system today also means that level of oversight disappearing rather quickly. (Good government protects the weak and protect man from the hazards and exploits from those too powerful to take on as an individual while promoting free enterprise yada yada).

I do recommend that episode. Lots of little things you probably didn't from the press.

Cal?

CR7 fan
"whose approval ratings are correctly at their lowest levels in history!"

Say the president with the lowest approval rating ever.
The approval rating of the media is the gospel truth, the approval rating of the clown in chief is of course #fake news.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Proposed Infrastructure bill announced. Like Raoul said it's a little money from the federal government, $200 billion, and the rest from the States and private sector.

Trump talking now and aside from a minute of two waffling about the military he has been on point. He is bashing the decision to go into the middle east 17 years ago and highlighting the US has spent $7 trillion there. He is criticizing past administrations for neglecting infrastructure, not just Obama.............and just as I type he is off with the fairies talking about himself again :lol:

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Is this thing with Don Jr's wife opening an envelope with white powder going to be a big thing? I know she's fine and it was probably flour but it just sounds like one of these things that silly people lose their minds over and either claim is evidence of the dangerous violent nature of anything but Trumpism or go all conspiracy theory and argue it was faked to garner support.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Should be used to that then. Isn't that what the cool rich people do?
I think Don Jr is about as far removed from "cool" as it's possible to be. He definitely had his Dad's security guards beat up anyone who he didn't like at School.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Wasn't the origin of policing in the US, to capture/kill escaped slaves?

Redplane

I really wish the Dems would get a lot more aggressive about the massive increase in debt he is putting the country in (hell team up with some of the remaining fiscal hawks on the republican side like Rand Paul) and make them understand why this is utterly irresponsible and stupid before he turns around with the very predictable narrative of "the Dems don't want better roads and bridges"

Status
Not open for further replies.