The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Oh and this is the bloke who killed Bin Laden......

Ouch!

Gwan Chuck :lol:

The Presidency and White House inside info being discussed on Celebrity Big Brother by ex staffer. Feck me USA how low have you sank? Seriously Chuck is right, your country is now a parody of itself. Feck me.

When you think it couldn't get any lower.......

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
US - North Korean diplomatic relations continue to be positive as Pence doesn't shake hands with Kim Yong Nam at the Olympic opening ceremony and then left before the reception. To be fair, maybe he just left because Mother wouldn't have liked him being so close to another woman.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Maybe he'd left the steamed hams in the oven.

SteveJ

Scout
If he's allowed to do this - as a distraction, ego and ratings boost, & as a way of holding onto his position - we might as well give up on politics.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone that believes this man isn't enough of a narcissist to wage war is deluded.

MTF

SteveJ

Scout
Pence has criticised North Korea for holding a military parade. Ahem.

SteveJ

Scout
California police worked with neo-Nazis to pursue 'anti-racist' activists, court documents show
Officers expressed sympathy with white supremacists and sought their help to target counter-protesters after a violent 2016 rally, according to documents

Defense lawyers said the case at the state capital offers the latest example of US law enforcement appearing to align with neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups while targeting anti-fascist activists and Donald Trump protestors after violent clashes.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/california-police-white-supremacists-counter-protest

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
What the feck, how BB is still a thing? Seriosly thought it ended in the USA a decade ago.
First edition of Celebrity BB in US. I m a big Survivor fan so saw a lot of chatter about this on the group I frequent. Supposedly CBS is rumoured to be paying Omarosa around 500k just for appearing on the show.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

I think an underrated aspect of this presidency is Trump's ability to give a voice to the voiceless. For too long, society has marginalized the racists, sexual predators, and wife beaters. With Trump, these people are finding their strength again.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's white and bangs the Christian drum. That's enough for some people. Hell, one of those is enough for some people.
Yeah but no disrespect those voting for Trump are not like any women I know. Not saying they are all staunch feminists or anything, more strong independent respectful ladies who Like to be treated with respect and also will stand up for themselves.

The contradiction in the White House is insane. It really is being run by a bunch of sexist, racist cnuts who are stuck in the 1950's. Like some old boys club. Madness I tell thee.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
It's absolutely insane that this lot got any votes from women at all. Fml. Batshit.
Rob Porter has 2 ex-wives he was beating and has still managed to be dating someone at work who undoubtedly would have known about everything.

I think it's just all too easy to discount something until it happens to you or someone you know.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's been revealed that one of his former girlfriends contacted his two ex wives about domestic violence.
Trump is a cnut.

langster

Scout
Rob Porter has 2 ex-wives he was beating and has still managed to be dating someone at work who undoubtedly would have known about everything.

I think it's just all too easy to discount something until it happens to you or someone you know.
Well I understand domestic violence only too well although I wouldn't share why on here. I was just under the impression that most women I know despise angry, sexist and misogynistic men, and especially abusive men.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Well I understand domestic violence only too well although I wouldn't share why on here. I was just under the impression that most women I know despise angry, sexist and misogynistic men, and especially abusive men.
I think the tribalization of politics ultimately leads people to excuse things they wouldn't otherwise. If you're trained to think of yourself as a 2nd Amendment/pro-choice/pro-life/tax cuts/etc person first and foremost, you may be willing to overlook behavior that you should find abhorrent as simply a normal, decent person. Racism, sexism, wife-beating - those should be objectively bad things that disqualify someone from holding office but we've seen more than ever lately that people are willing to put that aside in the name of tribal politics.

langster

Scout
I think the tribalization of politics ultimately leads people to excuse things they wouldn't otherwise. If you're trained to think of yourself as a 2nd Amendment/pro-choice/pro-life/tax cuts/etc person first and foremost, you may be willing to overlook behavior that you should find abhorrent as simply a normal, decent person. Racism, sexism, wife-beating - those should be objectively bad things that disqualify someone from holding office but we've seen more than ever lately that people are willing to put that aside in the name of tribal politics.

I completely agree with you. I've often said I can't undetstand the hypocrisy and double standards of the Republicans. Pro life yet support gun rights and the death penalty and don't want health care for all.

I just find it fascinating because you are literally voting against all your morals and principles yet thinking you are voting for them. I think education or lack thereof plays a significant part in it all, as does fear of change and acceptance.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
I completely agree with you. I've often said I can't understand the hypocrisy and double standards of the Republicans. Pro life yet support gun rights and the death penalty and don't want health care for all.

I just find it fascinating because you are literally voting against all your morals and principles yet thinking you are voting for them. I think education or lack thereof plays a significant part in it all, as does fear of change and acceptance.
I think the Church as more to do with it.

langster

Scout
I think the Church as more to do with it.
Yeah but the two kind of go hand on hand don't they? Just look at the average IQ per state and the Red states are always the lowest. They reject science and it's almost like they don't or can't ever evolve or change their beliefs. Whereas that is the same around the world, I feel it's more evident in the US.

Also, Evangelicals are a different breed and are like the extreme side of Religion along with the Mormons. They are the exact opposite of Radical Muslims yet just as extreme.

I still think education is key. But.you can teach what you like at school and it makes no difference if the kid goes home and is the told it's all rubbish.

SteveJ

Scout
'It's a BIBLE of biblical proportions!'

Status
Not open for further replies.