The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I’m actually finding Melania one of the more sympathetic figures in this shitshow.
Didnt she sue people using her position once her fecking husband got elected? She portrays herself as sympathetic but the apple doesnt fall from the tree - she is a fecking crook as well.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
To be fair, many people make similar "deals" when getting married. Trump wanted a trophy wife so married someone beautiful, she probably wanted a luxurious life. Something like this happens on a micro level in a lot of long term relationships.

It is also unfair to single out Melania when Hillary did not leave Bill after his numerous affairs and scandals.
Not judging her at all.
Just pointing out that she would've expected this (cheating) given what she thought of the marriage.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
You know if someone were to just tell him he could go down as one of the most iconic Presidents of all time if he actually pushes for action on stricter gun legislation the guy might actually be crazy enough to do it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Just a reminder that the guy in charge of the nuclear program was on Dancing With the Stars, and copped to wearing glasses to look smarter.
*laughs* *cries*

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
You know if someone were to just tell him he could go down as one of the most iconic Presidents of all time if he actually pushes for action on stricter gun legislation the guy might actually be crazy enough to do it.
Great idea. Tell him it would put him on par with Lincoln.

Abizzz

Great idea. Tell him it would put him on par with Lincoln.
If he'd actually manage to do it he would be great president. I'd forgive him for all the other stupid shxt in a heartbeat (as long as he doesn't start a nuclear war).

Not that he could, or would want to. These gun nuts are the very core of his support.

Edit:
https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nikolas-cruz-maga-nikolaus-trump-politics-democrat-republican/

Seems like even this gun nut is Trumps core support. (Will he reintroduce voting rights to prisoners now?)

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

Shouldn't be forgotten when the inevitable happens and the GOP blames the Democrats (I believe McConnell has already started). But somehow it will be and the Democrats will keep backing down until we have a wall built by enslaved Dreamers.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
This could be absolutely huge. Expect journalists to be going through them with a fine toothed comb.

I fully expect them to either have doctored them for a 'nothing to see here' outlook or just fully release fake ones.
Remember, these guys really are not very smart. Also no matter what the people at the top want, there is virtually zero chance that the White House legal team would allow falsification of materials released under FOIA.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I fully expect them to either have doctored them for a 'nothing to see here' outlook or just fully release fake ones.
Yeah it looks like they're free to release whatever they please as it's the only copy.

Raulduke

Need a conscientious objector inside the WH to sneak out the unadultered version... there's been no shortage of leakers in the past so fingers crossed.
Surely it would be incredibly risky for them to try and doctor the logs. What if they leave out a record of a visitor that say a journalist or some Dem already knows about, it would become another scandal in itself. They may control the actual logs but they don't necessarily control who else knows about what's in them.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Surely it would be incredibly risky for them to try and doctor the logs. What if they leave out a record of a visitor that say a journalist or some Dem already knows about, it would become another scandal in itself. They may control the actual logs but they don't necessarily control who else knows about what's in them.
I imagine there are very serious consequences to doctoring them alright.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, it'd be an idiot play, and they'd have to involve White House staff to pull off something like that. Would you risk going to jail for your boss? The White House council is also supposed to be a public servant not Trump's private lawyer, so the chances of him going along with anything illegal is vanishingly small.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
The new Ronan Farrow story is on Trump's affair with a former playboy model back in 2006.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...g-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it making much of a impact.
Many interesting details though. And more stories will come out from the look of it, so who knows. Might not lead to anything drastic, but if it keeps being dragged out it could work as an amplifier for other inevitable (political) failures. Or Melania having a meltdown or using it to go rogue and get the feck out of this mess with her son, though I very much doubt the people surrounding Trump will ever allow that to happen.

Silva

Many interesting details though. And more stories will come out from the look of it, so who knows. Might not lead to anything drastic, but if it keeps being dragged out it could work as an amplifier for other inevitable (political) failures. Or Melania having a meltdown or using it to go rogue and get the feck out of this mess with her son, though I very much doubt the people surrounding Trump will ever allow that to happen.
the first lady merch isn't going to sell if she's divorced

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Sadly this is quite a depressing read despite the exciting headline.
That's the thing though, somewhere in there it says; people knew what they were getting when they elected a reality TV star as president. People didn't expect him to be a priest.

He's a misogynist piece of trash, and his voters don't care.

kps88

My main takeaway from the affair stories is the fact they never came out during a year long campaign, despite them both being known to media outlets. I always assumed any skeletons in your closet will come out if you decide to run but that didn't apply to Trump for some reason.

Opposition research needs to buck up. If both these stories dropped after the Access Hollywood tape, it might have been enough to bury him.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
My main takeaway from the affair stories is the fact they never came out during a year long campaign, despite them both being known to media outlets. I always assumed any skeletons in your closet will come out if you decide to run but that didn't apply to Trump for some reason.

Opposition research needs to buck up. If both these stories dropped after the Access Hollywood tape, it might have been enough to bury him.
You are right but also wrong at the same time. The stories that broke about Trump should have been enough to take any candidate down a thousand times over. Also many were paid off or signed non disclosure contracts. On top of this I think the press struggled to keep up with all the stories AND wanted to keep some in the bank to use later if Trump was elected.

What is more worrying is the fact his voters refusal to believe It, or worse, they really don't care.

Fergies Gum

Its shameful he's still going to Mar a lago this weekend. He'll be enjoying himself playing golf just a short distance away from where children were gunned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.