The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Let's put in this way: white supremacists are a minority, but i think a lot of people shares their ideas, albeit they are not that extremists.

Well close to 50% of the population isn't even white. Of the other 50% s significant number are either liberals or living in blue States like California. So the likelihood is the people with racist views are a fairly small minority.

Minimalist

Well close to 50% of the population isn't even white. Of the other 50% s significant number are either liberals or living in blue States like California. So the likelihood is the people with racist views are a fairly small minority.
Thought white people were still ~70% of the American population?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Took him a while to bring the FBI excuse but he eventually got there.
The tweet is so daft it's incredible.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As much as I hate this, he has a point. Democrats did feck all about gun laws during the years they controlled both rooms and WH.
Obama actually removed some restrictions in his first term. In his defense, however, after Sandy Hook he tried to do something but couldn't.

Revan

Assumptionman
Obama actually removed some restrictions in his first term. In his defense, however, after Sandy Hook he tried to do something but couldn't.
Yeah, Obama tried hard during his second term, but it was too late. During his first term, Dems should have done everything bar removing the 2nd amandament.

A big problem of Dems is that they are not united. Even for Obamacare, several of them voted against.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's such a moron. As if the Russian group forming in 2014 would prevent his campaign from communicating with them in 2016. :houllier:

We still don't know about Kushner/Manafort and Cambridge Analytics.
I think he is thinking that any illegal activities would/should only apply to his presidential run and his current time in the WH -- and he would frankly, would like to keep it that way to avoid opening up a whole pandora's box of financial improprieties.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What i meant is that many people are probably not racist at all, but share some of racists views.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
TBf he's right, Dems haven't done shit about gun control and aren't even vocal right now because they know they'll do very little if they do get power
Because to do anything, you need a 60 seat majority in the senate. It's not that they don't want, they just can't. You also need a sizeable majority in the house, because the daft system the US has means that every single US Represantative is far more worried about re-election than actually getting shit done, being permanently in campaign mode. So every single Dem Rep from a an even slighty red state will vote against it.

It's like the founding fathers developed a system as bad as possible for modern times, really.

Revan

Assumptionman
Because to do anything, you need a 60 seat majority in the senate. It's not that they don't want, they just can't. You also need a sizeable majority in the house, because the daft system the US has means that every single US Represantative is far more worried about re-election than actually getting shit done, being permanently in campaign mode. So every single Dem Rep from a an even slighty red state will vote against it.

It's like the founding fathers developed a system as bad as possible for modern times, really.
Nah, with a senate majority and a Dem pres, they can do a lot. 2/3 are needed for a total ban of weapons (remove the 2nd amanaamand), but laws that make more difficult to buy guns are much easier to be done.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think this is preempting some coming news rather than making excuses for what has already dropped.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Yeah, Obama tried hard during his second term, but it was too late. During his first term, Dems should have done everything bar removing the 2nd amandament.

A big problem of Dems is that they are not united. Even for Obamacare, several of them voted against.
The time they actually held proper control over both houses was a little over four months. When you're using most of your political capital trying to get more people health insurance, that isn't a great deal of time.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
As much as I hate this, he has a point. Democrats did feck all about gun laws during the years they controlled both rooms and WH.
When Obama was first elected, the right went batshit crazy about how he was going to take their guns. Can you even imagine what they'd have done with the first black President if he actually HAD tried to disarm them? He very deliberately left that political hot potato alone, because he had somewhat more pressing things like the global economic collapse, healthcare reform and several wars to take care of.

Realistically though, not even the dems are going to do anything meaningful. They might pass a few limitations which people can easy get around anyway, but the second amendment just pollutes the whole discussion.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If only there was some office in the land, a leading position lets say that one could try to get to that would let him lead and give him the opportunity to try to change such a thing. If only...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Tbf no democrat or republican has ever really done something against guns, so this isnt really a Trump thing. From all presidents in the past century, trump is the last I’d expect to go big on gun control.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbf no democrat or republican has ever really done something against guns, so this isnt really a Trump thing. From all presidents in the past century, trump is the last I’d expect to go big on gun control.
So what if nobody has done anything tho? Keep hearing it but here and now he is the president, he should do something or stfu and own it...

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Clinton's signature domestic achievement was the Brady bill which introduced federal background checks for gun purchases as well as the five day waiting period, Chuck Schumer was the senator back then who sponsored it with help from Sarah Brady, the wife of Reagan's press secretary, James Brady who got shot in an assassination attempt on Reagan.

Clinton also introduced an assault weapon ban.

Bush deregulated a lot of the stuff and Obama didn't get to do much in the two years he had control of house and Senate as they were trying to push through the healthcare act.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well this is strange even by his low standards. I think he's pissed that the teenagers in Florida are calling him out and he can't say anything about them considering they just got shot at by a lunatic and lost their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.