The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looking back, very rare a Secretary of State doesn't make it the full-term. Another case of Trump being trigger happy as feck.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Tillerson criticises Russia...Tillerson's gone. Not exactly transparent.
Transparency doesn't matter when this moment in Trump's presidency will be blanket covered in a dozen more scandals and hostile tweets by the end of the week.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Transparency doesn't matter when this moment in Trump's presidency will be blanket covered in a dozen more scandals and hostile tweets by the end of the week.
He'll have likely replaced Pompeo with someone else by Thursday.:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Love the way Fox are trying to paint the picture that he is sacking Tillerson because Trump wants fresh staff when he goes to talk with Kim Jong
Hopefully he can carry out all of the changes before the meeting. Replace the VP, himself etc...

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Love the way Fox are trying to paint the picture that he is sacking Tillerson because Trump wants fresh staff when he goes to talk with Kim Jong
Seems like he wants fresh staff for something every other week then.

ChaddyP

They aren't incorrect. The SoS will be pivotal in such a negotiation and he doesn't see eye to eye with Trump. They have no ambassador in South Korea. He definitely needs someone else in there before they start talks .

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Trump not even speaking to Tillerson is incredible.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'd be a little shocked if the FBI or Mueller don't have something on Tillerson as well with his connections in the oil industry. Would be interesting to see if his name will pop up in mentions of the special counsel. I mean-at what point did Trump truly piss off too many rich and powerful people? Is their interest in enriching themselves truly greater than their undoubtedly massive egos?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And more still! :eek:

This is going to be pretty big news I reckon and related to the Mueller investigation. He's been in there since the beginning and has managed to keep a low profile.

Then you have this from the WSJ, a conservative paper who Trump has a good relationship with and Trump recently did an interview with the author of the article, Michael C Bender (amongst 3 other WSJ journos)

Mr. McEntee wasn’t as well known as the others, but had been a constant presence at Mr. Trump’s side for the past three years. He made sure Mr. Trump had markers to sign autographs, delivered messages to him in the White House residence and, over the weekend, ensured that the clocks in the White House residence were adjusted for daylight-saving time.

Trump is getting ahead of the news cycle, everything in that paragraph from above screams "He was another Tea Boy".

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The circus that never stops getting crazier.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Mike Pompeo has an interesting bio. Power forward in college basketball team, 1st in his class at west Point, JD from Harvard, extensive military experience including combat. Major ties to the Kochs.

I think he'll be shaping Trump more than the other way round.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Interesting, says now Russia may have been responsible for the nerve agent attack and he'll talk to May. More positive.

Raulduke

This is going to be pretty big news I reckon and related to the Mueller investigation. He's been in there since the beginning and has managed to keep a low profile.

Then you have this from the WSJ, a conservative paper who Trump has a good relationship with and Trump recently did an interview with the author of the article, Michael C Bender (amongst 3 other WSJ journos)

Trump is getting ahead of the news cycle, everything in that paragraph from above screams "He was another Tea Boy".
Was wondering about this myself although also thought it strange he has still been given a role with the 2020 campaign especially if it's Trump who he has fallen foul of. Maybe Kelly's doing?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Mike Pompeo has an interesting bio. Power forward in college basketball team, 1st in his class at west Point, JD from Harvard, extensive military experience including combat. Major ties to the Kochs.

From his wiki page, he sounds absolutely insane. Just the appointment you'd expect from Trump.

MTF

He's one of those weird cases of people who have outstanding CVs that indicate a high degree of intellect and ability, but I don't think I've ever heard him say one insightful thing. He shares the same default positions of other congressmen with CVs nowhere near as good.

Abizzz

So a spy agent chief with Koch ties for the state department? All the hire & fire around Trump doesn't remind one of the rise of a dictator at all, no.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I'd be a little shocked if the FBI or Mueller don't have something on Tillerson as well with his connections in the oil industry. Would be interesting to see if his name will pop up in mentions of the special counsel. I mean-at what point did Trump truly piss off too many rich and powerful people? Is their interest in enriching themselves truly greater than their undoubtedly massive egos?
The FBI and Mueller are playing chess. Trump is basically crashing and burning himself and all Mueller needs to do is plant the final dagger.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Pompeo has proven he's a patsy already though hasn't he?

Didn't he suggest Russia hadn't meddled with the election?

Status
Not open for further replies.