The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Another one out. This prat thinks the government is like Disneyland. He doesn't want a toy anymore, he changes it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Another one out. This prat thinks the government is like Disneyland. He doesn't want a toy anymore, he changes it.
He's running it in the ruthless way he always ran his businesses - problem is government isn't a business, and by all accounts he's a fairly shite businessman anyway.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
They're not even trying to be transparent. Which is both reassuring and worrying. It affirms that this administration is highly incompetent and regularly capable of feck-ups, but also demonstrates that they'll brazenly do whatever they want and will go to whatever lengths they please if no one is willing to stop them.
That's the question, isn't it? They're so brazenly under Putin's thumb that they just had to do it, transparency or not, or they are so stupid that they didn't care about the repercussions of firing the SoS hours after he speaks up against a country they are allegedly colluding with. I have trouble believing either extremes, so I think I'll go with sheer incompetence.

Mind you, I don't know who the 'they' here is, exactly - it's obviously got to be more complicated than it seems, with many influences having their own damn agendas. But the fact that it's a 'they' is, to me, an indication of the incompetence. Power and influence are procured through sycophancy and nepotism in this regime, and you can never control the hierarchy or have a structured chain of responsibility and command in such chaos.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
He's running it in the ruthless way he always ran his businesses - problem is government isn't a business, and by all accounts he's a fairly shite businessman anyway.
Indeed. Hate the people who run a government like a fecking business. They are 2 completely different things.

Honest John

Trump is in Putin's pocket. Totally compromised. He puts his own personal image and concerns above that of his country and it's allies. The guy needs to be impeached right now.

The Firestarter

Trump is in Putin's pocket. Totally compromised. He puts his own personal image and concerns above that of his country and it's allies. The guy needs to be impeached right now.
Yet, the main body that decides that, just cleared him of any wrong doings. Collective irresponsibility.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Do yourselves a favor; go to Fox News website and read the comments to the top stories about Gina Haspels appointment and Tillersons dismissal. It's straight out of a tv show based on a near future where the world has gone absolutely mental.

Just a sample from the most liked ones: "Wait. But Trump is a misogynist, right? Oh, that's right. That was created by Hillary Clinton, the media and the mentally ill liberal.",
"wow...tough woman....Democrats will hate her", "Making America safer. Feels good to have an American President."

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Do yourselves a favor; go to Fox News website and read the comments to the top stories about Gina Haspels appointment and Tillersons dismissal. It's straight out of a tv show based on a near future where the world has gone absolutely mental.

Just a sample from the most liked ones: "Wait. But Trump is a misogynist, right? Oh, that's right. That was created by Hillary Clinton, the media and the mentally ill liberal.",
"wow...tough woman....Democrats will hate her", "Making America safer. Feels good to have an American President."
He could shit in their cereal and they'd thank him for making the milk chocolatey.
They are delusional.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Eagerly waiting for us to join America in becoming a political shitshow.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tillerson statement due in a hour.
Hope he goes out guns blazing. The man obviously is shady as feck in his own right but you gotta admire the balls on him to make many statements that directly contradicted the white house. It seemed like the longer he was there the more reasonable he became.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hope he goes out guns blazing. The man obviously is shady as feck in his own right but you gotta admire the balls on him to make many statements that directly contradicted the white house.
More so than anyone else Trump has had working for him or at least worked for him and fallen out with or sacked, Tillerson is alpha, smart and has very little that can be taken away from him by Trump.

I'm very interested in what he's going to say.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Tillerson statement due in a hour.
fecking lap dog pussy. Nobody has crossed or stood up to Trump and i don't expect T-rex to be any different.

It was an honour and a pleasure working to make America great again and I loved shoving my tongue firmly and directly up Trumps arse and even used to chew on his dangleberries after he had a day on the burgers and KFC. I have no regrets and he is the greatest President of all time ever ever ever. Amen bitches. Out.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Gorilla Channel has more credibility than Trump's administration.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Hope he goes out guns blazing. The man obviously is shady as feck in his own right but you gotta admire the balls on him to make many statements that directly contradicted the white house. It seemed like the longer he was there the more reasonable he became.
End of the day, he was much, much more accomplished in the business world than Trump and it must have been a mindfeck having someone like that as your boss. No sympathies, of course.

I would be surprised if it was much more than a generic statement. He'll probably see this as something of a merciful end - now he doesn't have to deal with what will inevitably only be an even crazier time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I get the feeling Tillerson's statement will end up being fairly boring and predictable, much as it'd be nice to see him exit all guns blazing.

Fully Fledged

He's one of those weird cases of people who have outstanding CVs that indicate a high degree of intellect and ability, but I don't think I've ever heard him say one insightful thing. He shares the same default positions of other congressmen with CVs nowhere near as good.
He did call Trump a moron. Allegedly.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Bannon lost a fair bit by falling out with Trump. Lost his job at Breitbart, lost his benefactors the Mercer family and has been pretty much abandoned by the rabble he helped cultivate.
Aye, Bannon's entire reputation and the fame he garnered in the past year or so was pretty much all due to his involvement with Trump. Tillerson's business credentials were all independent of that and he'll be fine without this job.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Aye, Bannon's entire reputation and the fame he garnered in the past year or so was pretty much all due to his involvement with Trump.
I don't think that's true. He was a huge figure in the white nationalist/alt right crowd before Trump came along, I think he actually miscalculated badly and thought that those people were his to lend to Trump and that he could pull their support if he chose. When it came down to the choice though, they chose their new orange messiah.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't think that's true. He was a huge figure in the white nationalist/alt right crowd before Trump came along, I think he actually miscalculated badly and thought that those people were his to lend to Trump and that he could pull their support if he chose. When it came down to the choice though, they chose their new orange messiah.
He was big within that circle but I don't think he was really a figure of national attention until he sided with Trump. Even then he wanted to be a silent manipulator in the backgrounds - within the initial weeks of Trump's regime people were touting him as the 'real' President. That's far a status far more significant than beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.