The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The people of Pittsburgh cannot be conned by this guy Lamb, because he’s not going to vote for us,” Mr. Trump said. He also added a half-dozen presidential tweets over the last week.

On Tuesday night, as he huddled in the home of Edward Glazer, an owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and his wife, Shari, he had nothing to say on the matter.

Democrat’s Strong Performance in Pennsylvania Shakes Trump and G.O.P. https://nyti.ms/2FJF22g

Glazers. :lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The people of Pittsburgh cannot be conned by this guy Lamb, because he’s not going to vote for us,” Mr. Trump said. He also added a half-dozen presidential tweets over the last week.

On Tuesday night, as he huddled in the home of Edward Glazer, an owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and his wife, Shari, he had nothing to say on the matter.

Democrat’s Strong Performance in Pennsylvania Shakes Trump and G.O.P. https://nyti.ms/2FJF22g

He has struck again! :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Ed Glazer - > Mourinho - > RT - > Putin

Back channel confirmed.

Javi

To lose a seat in a PA disctrict Trump won by +20%, AFTER the signature tax cuts and the steel tarriff announcement...yikes. says a lot about Dems being fired up and Republicans being not fired up at all.
Or maybe this Saccone guy is just a bad candidate and there was nothing Trump could do. There is nothing wrong with your inductive reasoning, I'd just be more defensive in drawing conclusions from it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Or maybe this Saccone guy is just a bad candidate and there was nothing Trump could do. There is nothing wrong with your inductive reasoning, I'd just be more defensive in drawing conclusions from it.
It also happened in Alabama, Virginia and DC so far to go with Pennsylvania. All this solely on how deeply unpopular the GOP & Trump are while the Dems haven't even coalesced behind a platform. If the Dems can stop fumbling and get their shit together they can gain a big majority in congress in 2018.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It also happened in Alabama, Virginia and DC so far to go with Pennsylvania. All this solely on how deeply unpopular the GOP & Trump are while the Dems haven't even coalesced behind a platform. If the Dems can stop fumbling and get their shit together they can gain a big majority in congress in 2018.
There's no guarantee they CAN coalesce behind a single platform this early. The divides between the party wings are still massive and fresh. At the moment though they're holding a united front and winning substantially.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This Lamb bloke is hardly a progressive.
Great illustration of the US' political system. Liberals are cheering for a guy who's against abortion, same sex marriage and gun control.

But he's a democrat so WOOHOOO

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unions are the Dems bread and butter. That's why Bannon was so aggressive with his economic nationalism message to target them.

ChaddyP

Cuomo moving to Prime Time for good to bother Trump the rest of the way

Ahh feck off John Berman. Wish they could clone Cuomo. John and Alysin are soft as putty when it comes to grilling politicians in the morning.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
Great illustration of the US' political system. Liberals are cheering for a guy who's against abortion, same sex marriage and gun control.

I don't have a problem that he personally does not support abortion or gay marriage but he doesn't want to change the law preventing either. Those two subjects are very personal, as is the 2nd amendment to many Americans. If he had different views on any one of those areas he probably wouldn't have won.

More interested in polices for healthcare, education, foreign policy and the economy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't have a problem that he personally does not support abortion or gay marriage but he doesn't want to change the law preventing either. Those two subjects are very personal, as is the 2nd amendment to many Americans. Those three polices are very important to a lot of American voters. If he had different views on any one of those areas he probably wouldn't have won.

More interested in polices for healthcare, education, foreign policy and the economy.
I personally wouldn't endorse anyone opposing same sex marriage, since to oppose this you need an amount of ignorance significant enough to not be fit to run a household, let alone a state.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I'm sure that's part of it, though I'd suggest there's not a lot to say he was a "bad candidate" like the way Roy Moore was. He strikes me as very cookie gutter for what the GOP is these days. And let's not discount the ground work done by Lamb, that seems to matter more in the more local elections. So maybe in that sense, Saccone wasn't particularly good. But policy and temperament-wise, he's in line with the party these days.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I personally wouldn't endorse anyone opposing same sex marriage, since to oppose this you need an amount of ignorance significant enough to not be fit to run a household, let alone a state.
You got a link to where he's said this? I've not seen it.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
He was endorsed by a LBGT group: https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/03/lgbtq-endorsed-democrat-wins-special-election-for-congress/

“I believe that when everyone in America has the freedom to be who they are and have full and equal rights under the law, our communities and our country will be stronger,” Lamb added. “I will make that case to anyone, and I think that’s one of the ways we can keep changing minds and making real progress toward full equality.”​

Javi

I'm sure that's part of it, though I'd suggest there's not a lot to say he was a "bad candidate" like the way Roy Moore was. He strikes me as very cookie gutter for what the GOP is these days. And let's not discount the ground work done by Lamb, that seems to matter more in the more local elections. So maybe in that sense, Saccone wasn't particularly good. But policy and temperament-wise, he's in line with the party these days.
I actually have no idea what happened on the ground, good to hear what you can describe. My point was that it could be misleading to interpret the results solely on the macro level when micro could turn it all around.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd drop 4 figures on that if it was PPV.
He interviewed him several times during the campaign, as did Lemon, Tapper, and Blitzer. Now with all the Russia stuff and Trump's fake news accusations, it would seem bleak, but you never know. Cuomo and Skeletor are good friends, so I wouldn't bet against it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He was endorsed by a LBGT group: https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/03/lgbtq-endorsed-democrat-wins-special-election-for-congress/

“I believe that when everyone in America has the freedom to be who they are and have full and equal rights under the law, our communities and our country will be stronger,” Lamb added. “I will make that case to anyone, and I think that’s one of the ways we can keep changing minds and making real progress toward full equality.”​
Ah my bad! Thought I read on Twitter he was against it. He is pro life and pro guns though right?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This is the thing tho. When faced with 2 shit options which one do you choose. The lesser of two evils or do you just skip both and leave it to others? 2016 in a nutshell...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Seems Trump is unhappy with McMaster (as he is against Trump's wish to renege on Iran nuclear deal). And John Bolton is expected to replace him.

This is the guy who argued for pre-emptive bombing of Iran and wrote an article last month for pre-emptive strike on North Korea. :eek:

And this is after yesterday's meeting between them. Quite a high probability of happening imo.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems Trump is happy with McMaster (as he is against Trump's wish to renege on Iran nuclear deal). And John Bolton is expected to replace him.

This is the guy who argued for pre-emptive bombing of Iran and wrote an article last month for pre-emptive strike on North Korea. :eek:
Unhappy you mean ? I've read Trump doesn't like people who he feels talk down to him, so obviously the likes of Tillerson and McMaster would be at the top of that list.

MTF

Yeah, corrected the post. Seems he met with Bolton yesterday who asked for Sec State or NSA. Since Sec State is recently filled and Mcmaster is on shaky grounds....
I thought I'd never hear of John Bolton again in my life, after 2006.

I don't get these neocon hawks who want to engage in military action to solve all the problems, all at once. I'm not a pacifist, but do realize that even engaging in one conflict has dubious chances of success (Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc). Engaging is two larger ones at once (Iran & N Korea) is guaranteed failure. They have no strategy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, corrected the post. Seems he met with Bolton yesterday who asked for Sec State or NSA. Since Sec State is recently filled and Mcmaster is on shaky grounds....
It would have to be NSA as that's a direct appointment by the President that doesn't require Congressional approval. He would never make it through the Senate for the State job. Rand Paul has already lined up to oppose Pompeo, so whoever it is will be in for a rough ride.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I thought I'd never hear of John Bolton again in my life, after 2006.

I don't get these neocon hawks who want to engage in military action to solve all the problems, all at once. I'm not a pacifist, but do realize that even engaging in one conflict has dubious chances of success (Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc). Engaging is two larger ones at once (Iran & N Korea) is guaranteed failure. They have no strategy.
Money.

Nothing makes rich people richer than war.

Status
Not open for further replies.