The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clique

"Scweam". Why does the UK tolerate this absolute weapon? He's a Trump puppet.

Anti-Trump haters?

Aren't Trump's followers Anti-Trump haters, since they hate "Anti-Trump"ers? I know I'm being intentionally pretentious. But a "celebrity" journalist shouldn't have a double negative in a sentence.

And I do like to make fun of Piers whenever I get the chance. :D

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The British reaction to Trump's visit is so tacky.
Really? As tacky as him making a 92 year old head of state wait on stage for him to turn up? Or as tacky as him and his wife obviously not reading the Royal protocol brief that says you should walk slightly behind the Queen and not alongside her and certaiy never in front of her or block her way and where it is etiquette to curtsy when meeting her.

I think the protest is great and hopefully it is replicated everywhere he visits. It should have been done long ago and hopefully it ignites those back home in the USA to do the same when he returns. He is despicable and everything he does and stands for is despicable. It should not become the norm and we should fight to ensure it doesn't. It's not tacky at all, it's about fecking time!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Likes of? Really?

There are 2 sides to every argument. If you are so intensely delusional that your opinion is the right one and everyone else is crazy, then keep burying your head under the sand. It was this attitude that got Trump elected.
I 'forgot' how he got elected. Nice that you remembered something at least. :houllier:

Fully Fledged

He isn't hiding from the message though. The fear of the police and Secret Service is that the microlight might be an attempted assassination. They have to make sure that there is no chance of the pilot getting a shot at Trump.

This could be serious for the pilot.

MoskvaRed

Trump is unwittingly doing the UK a favour by his rude behaviour. He doesn’t even pay lip service to the “special relationship” and puts into stark focus the UK’s vulnerabilities as a mid-sized player if it cuts off ties with the EU and has to deal with the likes of China, the US and Russia on its own.

Fergies Gum

He isn't hiding from the message though. The fear of the police and Secret Service is that the microlight might be an attempted assassination. They have to make sure that there is no chance of the pilot getting a shot at Trump.

This could be serious for the pilot.
Greenpeace had contacted the police 10 minutes before the paraglider went past.

It is baffling that he managed to get away and police are still looking for him. You would think they could get a helicopter up there within minutes notice to monitor an unforeseen circumstance and to arrest him once he landed.

Parry Gallister

Trump is unwittingly doing the UK a favour by his rude behaviour. He doesn’t even pay lip service to the “special relationship” and puts into stark focus the UK’s vulnerabilities as a mid-sized player if it cuts off ties with the EU and has to deal with the likes of China, the US and Russia on its own.
So you haven't seen the interviews then...

Fridge chutney

Well firstly this is not true. He speaks about the special relationship and you can see him do so here on this thread.

Secondly, unless im mistaken, doesn't he criticize May for a soft Brexit? He's specifically campaigning for a hard Brexit that would accentuate the vulnerabilities that you speak of. So I think your comment is a bit misplaced.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know if he's doing us a favour as people will see it how they want to see it, as per usual. He is showing us exactly how he feels tho, although imo this is nothing new, but you do have a point.
So you haven't seen the interviews then...
Well firstly this is not true. He speaks about the special relationship and you can see him do so here on this thread.
Why point to trump paying lip service in interviews to counteract negative things that he says, in interviews? Aside from the fact he is all over the place and wouldn't know what a coherent statement even looks like. He pays lip service to everyone.

Stating that there is a special relationship (while acting as tho the UK is a younger cousin that you take the piss out of at will and try to influence to get your own way all the time), carries about as much weight as when he states 'dictator of choice' is a great person. Or when he claims that a meeting had gone excellently while the other attendees tell us otherwise.

Last edited:

MoskvaRed

Secondly, unless im mistaken, doesn't he criticize May for a soft Brexit? He's specifically campaigning for a hard Brexit that would accentuate the vulnerabilities that you speak of. So I think your comment is a bit misplaced.
Maybe I wasn’t clear - I was referring to the conclusions we should draw from his behaviour, particularly his contemptuous attitude to the PM shown in “The Sun” interview. Trump doesn’t disguise the fact that it’s “America First” etc and he despises weakness. He leaves no room for delusions on the part of the UK about its relations with the US or the ability of a PM to exert leverage in Washington (a delusion Blair was particularly prone to). It should be clear to the Brexiteers that any trade deal signed by the US administration will be a very one-sided negotiation.

Fridge chutney

Why point to trump paying lip service in interviews to counteract negative things that he says, in interviews?... Stating that there is a special relationship (while acting as tho the UK is a younger cousin that you take the piss out of at will and try to influence to get your own way all the time), carries about as much weight as when he states 'dictator of choice' is a great person.
I'm not passing judgement about the usefulness of lip service. I'm merely correcting a poster who was under the incorrect impression that Trump didn't pay lip service to the "Special Relationship".

afrocentricity

I'm not passing judgement about the usefulness of lip service. I'm merely correcting a poster who was under the incorrect impression that Trump didn't pay lip service to the "Special Relationship".
Fair enough, but the poster has a point.

I'm proud. He's an absolute thunder cnut of a human being. Good to see the population sticking two fingers up at the twat.
Me too, nothing tacky about it.

afrocentricity

So quote him, not me :)
I quoted both of you :D

Him because I agreed with him and you and the other guy because I didn't see the need in picking out his comment about lip service, his point still stands. The lip service is meaningless.... Now for that all important 3rd place play off.

Camilo

I'm proud. He's an absolute thunder cnut of a human being. Good to see the population sticking two fingers up at the twat.
Meanwhile our country and our lives are up in the air because we're letting our halfwit politicians feck everything up. But that's not fashionable enough for people. Let's protest the legitimate elected leader of the States. Very good.

afrocentricity

Meanwhile our country and our lives are up in the air because we're letting our halfwit politicians feck everything up. But that's not fashionable enough for people. Let's protest the legitimate elected leader of the States. Very good.
Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.