The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is overly simplistic. You're right that it's definitely not certain that this is going to be a huge thing going forward, but the idea that Trump avoids any consequences for his scandals is mistaken. It hasn't gotten him impeached yet, which is already probably a better result than more "normal" presidents would get, but there's a reason his approval rating is consistently -10 or worse. He probably can't go any lower than 30-odd percent, but he needs more than his base to win another election.
He might not win another election, but I doubt he will impeached over anything other than proof of treason or something similar. Definitely not for acting like a moronic turd.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not USSR numbers. Those numbers were 4 times higher at the end of the cold war.
My point is that a large amount comes from the USSR, the Russian army is divided between high tech material and extremely outdated ones.

The Firestarter

My point is that a large amount comes from the USSR, the Russian army is divided between high tech material and extremely outdated ones.
That's true but the fact that they are older generation does not necessarily mean they won't have their supporting role . Plus they are far easier to maintain due to being low tech, and as I said quantity makes up for quality.

Fergies Gum

Than the answer would be "no" surely?
Its true that an extra 33 billion has been contributed

It seems likely, however, that he was talking about additional defense spending on the part of NATO members over the last year.

Using estimated spending totals from a July 10, 2018, NATO report detailing the defense expenditures for member countries, we calculated that other NATO countries added a little more than $33 billion toward defense expenditures.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-president-trumps-nato-summit-news-co/

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Arte isn't really pro american, do you guys have a different version? :lol:
It's not even about the content of the media they listed, if one of the higher ranking guys at a station/paper/parent company once was a member, signed an open letter (in 2003) or gave a speech (or attended as a guest) at a meeting of one of the three organizations that "means" their reporting is controlled by the US.
It's anonymous "research" without any documentation, probably straight out of Moscow.

Last edited:

Fergies Gum

But it appears that the agreement for this increase occurred before his presidency, so his assertion that it is solely thanks to him (or even in part thanks to him) is false, as usual.
Its to be expected that he'll take credit for everything.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
But it appears that the agreement for this increase occurred before his presidency, so his assertion that it is solely thanks to him (or even in part thanks to him) is false, as usual.
From what I can gather the incremental increases in military spending were decided upon in 2014 with NATO members agreeing to meet the 2% spending threshold by 2024. The "33 billion" Trump mentions as well as future increases in expenditure seems to reflect a renewed adherence to these 2014 pledges.

If Americans wanted increased military spending from allies it's "thanks Obama" (I guess).

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Which is correct economically. If the EU emancipated itself from the Dollar System and became allies with Russia and its ressources and thus made NATO obsolete and on top of that intensified economic relations with China the US would end as a world power. Unfortunately the US has planted their transatlantic bots all over Europe so our mainstream media are all singing the same (American) tune and acting against their self-interest.

"Swiss Propaganda Research"

mmm hmm :rolleyes:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
From what I can gather the incremental increases in military spending were decided upon in 2014 with NATO members agreeing to meet the 2% spending threshold by 2024. The "33 billion" Trump mentions as well as future increases in expenditure seems to reflect a renewed adherence to these 2014 pledges.

If everyone wanted increased military spending it's "thanks Obama" (I guess).
If everyone wanted increased military spending it's thanks to everyone.

C3Pique

There's a strain within the paleo-conservative (and white identity) movements that is infatuated with Putin because they think he has restored some sense of order in Russia for the advancement of white identity, a perceived strengthening of "family values" (as in being anti-gay), the church, preserving a sense of Russian history as well as its homogenous population etc. Ignoring of course that he has turned it into a full on dictatorship, replete with sham elections, the murdering of journalists, stealing land from neighboring states, who is ostensibly running a state sponsored organized crime syndicate masquerading as a nation state.
Gotcha, thanks. So were the KKK anti-Vietnam war or is this a more recent alignment?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Only because of me'. :rolleyes: What a man(go).

Fergies Gum

Anyone watching the Obama speech? Its clear he's going after Trump with what he's saying.

Abizzz

It's not even about the content of the media they listed, if one of the higher ranking guys at a station/paper/parent company once was a member, signed an open letter (in 2003) or gave a speech (or attended as a guest) at a meeting of one of the three organizations that "means" their reporting is controlled by the US.
It's anonymous "research" without any documentation, probably straight out of Moscow.
Yeah I've spent some more time surfing their website. It's pure bs and no science or research involved. @Cait Sith Where did you come across this, or were you involved in creating it?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
'Only because of me'. :rolleyes: What a man(go).
Thing is, when you combine the comments of those who said after he met with them that NATO can no longer rely on the US, then it makes sense that they would want to spend more in their own defense!

So it actually is because of him, but only because he is such an abject twat that countries can’t rely on the US.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Which is correct economically. If the EU emancipated itself from the Dollar System and became allies with Russia and its ressources and thus made NATO obsolete and on top of that intensified economic relations with China the US would end as a world power. Unfortunately the US has planted their transatlantic bots all over Europe so our mainstream media are all singing the same (American) tune and acting against their self-interest.

:lol:

ChaddyP

Deleted. Did he spell something wrong?
no he didnt as far as i can tell

"Thank you @RandPaul, you really get it!" Trump tweeted, citing a comment by the Kentucky senator that "the President has gone through a year and a half of totally partisan investigations - what’s he supposed think?”

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"This deal is terrible. The worst. Thank God I'm here now. It's an awful deal!"

"You negotiated the deal, Mr President."

"This deal is great! Where's my cup-holder?"

NUNES: "Here I am, sir."

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Perhaps I'm thinking too much in terms of 4d chess here but it d be easy for NATO or one of its members to call bluff on Trump now and say as much as it's not because of him-that it was simply a re commitment to something Obama pushed hard during his time in office.

Then Trumpie will of course get pissy and start attacking NATO again to the delight of his handlers. It's hard not to constantly think about the possible man behind the curtain these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.