The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's probably thinking of Deutsche Bank.

SteveJ

Scout
"My grandfather. Very smart. Good genes. Wrote Oranges of the Species."

nimic

something nice
Scout

Yep He's racial profiling again, with his usual narcissism.
I've discovered a new Trump game. Put his quotes through the translation telephone, and compares the results and see which sounds more deranged.

After the Republic after the president of Uzbekistan, Donald J. What is going to happen in Puerto with great. . Great people, artists, Island, a bad money management, spending to you. Then this place is a huge collection of behind the state and the farmers, we cannot stop the damage
I tried it on a classic speech, and... well.

The seeds, so I'm a girl-Professor, scientist, engineer, candidate of technical Sciences. John and Mitch, good genes, good genes, good, no more, Wharton school of business, money, best, like — I don't know what it is, if the Republicans can be ancient with me, as I am tolerant, if you need to talk, I work, liberal democracy, I can say that I am one of the people in this world — it is true! — A good start, I like to Tinker, conservative: what's good for the student to get to the place, now drained, and I was, but it has to be — but, if you're a Republican, was, of life, of work, and some, which is why I always said: Well, went to Wharton as a student, what is going on, where is the sticker — know and give as good as all the time, because it's the least bad — but the fact that we see the essence and the only thing that is really a problem that should be easy, but it is not so important for life — the power base to succeed my uncle, many years ago, and the most power, they didn't tell me until I'm 35 years old, then this idea with the description of what happened, I think? — but if you look at what happens in prison, four, three, now, four, three, and even that would not have happened, but, now, the apostle says; the reason is the fact that you know that I did not think that women are more intelligent than the people about 150 years but the mongols had great talks, very communicative, and they only sell, but they sell.
The original: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-sentence/

I think Donald Trump is probably automatic translation's worst nightmare. He's an incoherent, rambling mess.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He hasn't misspoken, he's just lying (or at least, playing loose with the truth) as per usual to big himself up.

It's all he ever does.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think he honestly believes this, because he's entering the early stages of senile dementia. Where is Pocahontas in all this? Should be gold for her.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I think he honestly believes this, because he's entering the early stages of senile dementia. Where is Pocahontas in all this? Should be gold for her.
Although I agree, is there any political gain to be had in attacking Trump? Surely anyone with any intelligence, or that gives a shit, are already fully aware what Trump is and everything he does? His supporters are ground in almost to the point of no return too so there's no chance of picking any votes up there either.

I think the Dem hopefuls need to concentrate on policy and pointing out the lack of, how bad and destructive Trump's policies are.

There's little point upsetting or humiliating Trump only to get in to a slagging match when he will inevitably come back with something lower than a snakes belly while at the same time upsetting his **** followers and encouraging death threats to yourself and your family.

GiddyUp

Although I agree, is there any political gain to be had in attacking Trump? Surely anyone with any intelligence, or that gives a shit, are already fully aware what Trump is and everything he does? His supporters are ground in almost to the point of no return too so there's no chance of picking any votes up there either.

I think the Dem hopefuls need to concentrate on policy and pointing out the lack of, how bad and destructive Trump's policies are.

There's little point upsetting or humiliating Trump only to get in to a slagging match when he will inevitably come back with something lower than a snakes belly while at the same time upsetting his **** followers and encouraging death threats to yourself and your family.
You could belittle him and then move on but to let a grown man away with this is not acceptable. Everyone is letting him away with this shit especially the media. How hard would it be for them to just say "Mr. President I have a question but first I would like to say that you're father is not from Germany/Puerto Rico is actually part of the US/it's 13billion not 91billion. If he pushes back ask him why he is lying.
You are right, to get personal would only play his game and give his followers little erections but anyone could eat this guys fecking lunch if they stay on topic and show him for what he really is, low info and low IQ.
Someone's got to hit him back in that Dem field. I would love it to be Biden. Under no circumstances would I want him to be the nominee but I would love for him to throw shit at trump singing kumbaya and while that slob is distracted the rest of the field could get down to business.

langster

Scout

"I will repeal and replace Obamacare on my first day in office, it will be so easy, so simple, I have a far better healthcare plan. It's so beautiful, I call it my big beautiful healthcare plan"

4 years later.... and he Tweets this bullshit! :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
Yeah, it's such a 'wonderful' package that the man who puts his name on everything doesn't want it to be called 'Trumpcare'. Go figure.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tax-returns-democrats_n_5c82c30fe4b08d5b78617dc9

House Democrats Finally Ask For Trump’s Tax Returns
House Ways and Means Committee chairman Richard Neal asked the IRS for six years of the president’s personal and business tax returns.
Cue response: This the new witch hunt! No President has ever provided more tax returns than me - the best tax returns let me tell you - I mean my accountants - I don't want to say what types of people these are but you, you there, you know. You know what I mean. They make the best accountants. Not that I'm saying all of them are accountants, just that, well I know money, no one knows money better than me. When I came to the US as a young boy from Roma in Germany, I went to school and, well you know, I'm going to make so much money. So I did. Best schools. My grades, my IQ, honestly you wouldn't believe it. And now? I think everyone agrees this is the best America has ever been. And that's me. All me.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Trump wasn't president, he would tick every box on the checklist for denial of security clearance.

Bankruptcies
Extramarital affairs
Questionable finances
Loose mouth
Loans from foreign banks

You name it he has it.

If someone is going to give away confidential information, it'd be Trump before kushner.

langster

Scout
Well, he has paid no taxes. So what? Is it any worse that what he has already done before? Will that sway anyone who's pro Trump against him? Or be a path to rid him from the position? Nope.
It would show he's not a billionaire and so show he gives feck all to charity. It may not dethrone him but it would definitely make more question his honesty and integrity. His supporters have been brainwashed and are desperate to believe and defend him at every turn. Actual proof of his dishonesty, especially amongst the good people with a conscience (And I believe there are many of Trumps supporters who are decent folk) will be another chip away and put more doubt in their minds, it may even sway a few to finally give up support of him.

Fully exposing the lies, corruption and dishonesty is important. It's not pointless nor is it a waste of time.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It would show he's not a billionaire and so show he gives feck all to charity. It may not dethrone him but it would definitely make more question his honesty and integrity. His supporters have been brainwashed and are desperate to believe and defend him at every turn. Actual proof of his dishonesty, especially amongst the good people with a conscience (And I believe there are many of Trumps supporters who are decent folk) will be another chip away and put more doubt in their minds, it may even sway a few to finally give up support of him.

Fully exposing the lies, corruption and dishonesty is important. It's not pointless nor is it a waste of time.
I'd be surprised if anyone still believe Trump gives anything to charity...esp after what happened to Trump Foundation and his University scam. I'm surprised that people are still trying to "prove" his dishonesty. It should be obvious to all and those who don't believe choose not to believe and it'd just waste of time trying to change their mind.

mav_9me

Even if you believe they are good people in general, when it comes to this they are going to double down as so many have so far. I would say even the "good" people support him despite realizing he is not honest/trustworthy etc. So this for example is not going to change them.

Having said that, I agree with your second bold point. There may not be a point to it, but you just have to continue to do the right thing.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Somehow, I doubt that any “revelation” of any wrongdoing or lie by Trump would matter much to those that are still in his camp. Another investigation would just be branded a witch hunt and if they still support him after all the shit he’s done, they aren’t going to change because of him being less rich than what he said he was or him never having given to charity.

I agree that it should all come out in the open, but the dems need to beat him on stuff that actually affect people’s lives.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Somehow, I doubt that any “revelation” of any wrongdoing or lie by Trump would matter much to those that are still in his camp. Another investigation would just be branded a witch hunt and if they still support him after all the shit he’s done, they aren’t going to change because of him being less rich than what he said he was or him never having given to charity.

I agree that it should all come out in the open, but the dems need to beat him on stuff that actually affect people’s lives.
true

langster

Scout
Even if you believe they are good people in general, when it comes to this they are going to double down as so many have so far. I would say even the "good" people support him despite realizing he is not honest/trustworthy etc. So this for example is not going to change them.
I agree with that to a certain extent, I just personally think many are becoming tired and disillusioned and with many also getting their news from right wing sources, they still believe anything negative against Trump is just Fake News and MSM lies and propaganda.

We can't give up hope, otherwise what's the point?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If Trump wasn't president, he would tick every box on the checklist for denial of security clearance.

Bankruptcies
Extramarital affairs
Questionable finances
Loose mouth
Loans from foreign banks

You name it he has it.

If someone is going to give away confidential information, it'd be Trump before kushner.
He's pretty much like Mr. Burns going to get a check up at the hospital.

He's got ALL the diseases but because he's got them all, not one of them will kill him.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Having said that, I agree with your second bold point. There may not be a point to it, but you just have to continue to do the right thing.
I think this misses an important chunk of Trump voters. I see this implication a lot that everyone that voted for Trump resembles the people in those crazy Trump rallies. Those are just his die hards and if people keep assuming the crazies at his rallies are what all Trump supporters look like the Dems are going to keep making error after error.

People need to realize that Trump voters are a bigger set of people than Trump fanatics.

Trump got somewhere around 1/4 of the Asian and Hispanic vote and some of the polling on those communities get up to 1/3 approval of Trump at various points. That is not insignificant. People just make all these assumptions from the media about what Trump supporters look like but its like judging every club's fans on the 'full kit wankers'.

I've talked to more than a few Asians and Hispanics that voted for Trump and they don't fit these Trump Supporter stereotypes at all. Those are the types of people that could be swayed by some definitive proof of corruption (not just the assumption that of course Trump is corrupt). Oh and trying to lecture these minority groups that Trump is racist and they should vote their self-interest against the racist Trump as many online people suggest isn't going to work either (it just comes off patronizing).

If the Democrats keep oversimplifying who actually voted for Trump and why and pigeon holing them they are going to lose many potential votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.