The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Texas Trump voters horrified to discover they’re about to be on the wrong side of his campaign promise

Texas resident Shirley Menard says she “reluctantly” backed President Donald Trump in the 2016 election — and now she could turn out to be a big loser thanks to the president’s top campaign promise.

As the New York Times reports, Menard learned this past June that the federal government plans to build a 30-foot-tall barrier right in her backyard within the next year to fulfill Trump’s pledge to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I never thought they’d go through a subdivision,” Menard tells the paper. “My blood pressure has not been normal since I got that letter.”

What’s more, residents in the border town of Brownsville, Texas have been surprised to learn that Trump’s wall will divide the local River Bend Resort and Golf Club, which is a living community for older adults, in half.

“About 70 percent of the community — some 200 properties — would be stranded south of the barricade but north of the river,” the Times reports.

River Bend resident Jerry Olsen, meanwhile, tells the Times that the plans for a wall are “throwing an upheaval onto us,” while adding that “none of us at our age need the additional stress.” Despite all this, however, Olsen tells the Times that he may vote for Trump again in 2020.

River Bend resident and 2016 Trump vote Avie Greenslit, meanwhile, tells the Times that she has learned her lesson and would not back the president again next year.

“He’s not going to get my vote in 2020,” she says.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/te...be-on-the-wrong-side-of-his-campaign-promise/

Bet they were the same idiots shouting "Build a wall" at his rallies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Abizzz

If nothing else I get great satisfaction out of the pains he goes to to prove that he wasn't wrong.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It's spectacularly embarrassing. The guy literally tweeted that based on stuff that had "just come up" the state of Alabama "would most likely be hit (much) harder than expected." He said this at a time when the latest reports showed Alabama was increasingly getting further from the forecast cone, with only a 5% likelihood of its south eastern tip getting even 40 mph winds (A gale) and even this small possibility trending down.

My best guess is he was too busy playing golf to pay attention properly and/or he's just too stupid to correctly digest the reports he was receiving. On top of this basic level of idiocy he's now demonstrated (once again) he's a man of such monstrous ego and delusion that if his personal understanding and factual reality clash it's reality itself that is in error.

What a moron.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It's yet another situation which perfectly describes how pathetic he is. What's funny/tragic about it though is that the man actually believes that drawing that extra bit on the map was a good way of showing everyone that he was right in the first place.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think his aides do well not to laugh in his face. I am trying to imagine being in the room when he was drawing that line. I would have been rolling on the floor.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If the press just alternate between the Alabama hurricane and his fake crowd size (inauguration and El Paso), we could keep him preoccupied until the next election.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
He's back talking about DACA now. Well, he's back making no fecking sense about it anyway...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Oh, and just in case anyone was thinking he's using it as a distraction from the Alabama feck up and #SharpieGate, nah, don't be silly..... I particularly love how he's accusing the press of being obsessed and carrying it on for four days :lol:

And this nonsense never happened to another President. :lol: maybe because there has never been one so petty, insecure and insane before? Nor one who continuously says such moronic and easily debunked shit before.

I bet he could get away with wearing a tan suit though.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
In a fairly terrifying escalation Trump's managed to get some unnamed tosser at NOAA, an ostensibly science based organisation, to bullshit on his behalf, disavow its own science and throw their own employees under the bus. His fever dream of infallibility is so important to him he's willing to coerce a profoundly important body to mislead the public, undermine trust and its own industrial relations merely to save himself minor embarrassment over a simple, easily forgotten misstatement.

From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama. This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed at the following link.

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa
This odious fecker is never going to willingly concede defeat in 2020.

NoLogo

It's yet another situation which perfectly describes how pathetic he is. What's funny/tragic about it though is that the man actually believes that drawing that extra bit on the map was a good way of showing everyone that he was right in the first place.
This really cracked me up. He just took a sharpie and drew that on in a really shitty and obvious way. :houllier: :lol:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

Their corruption is boundless.
Really think that is the message for the Dems. Trump has clearly, demonstrably violated the constitution - not to get things done like a wall - he failed at that - but to make himself more wealthy. He has taken your tax dollars and basically done 2 things with them, given them out to the 1% and made himself richer.

He really hasn't achieved anything else in his 4 years. Including 2 years with the House and Senate. His legacy will be a series of hotel bills paid for by you, at his hotels.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Really think that is the message for the Dems. Trump has clearly, demonstrably violated the constitution - not to get things done like a wall - he failed at that - but to make himself more wealthy. He has taken your tax dollars and basically done 2 things with them, given them out to the 1% and made himself richer.

He really hasn't achieved anything else in his 4 years. Including 2 years with the House and Senate. His legacy will be a series of hotel bills paid for by you, at his hotels.
The Dems have been totally spineless and shite. They had Trump on the ropes over obstruction and managed to first get outmaneuvered by Barr of all people and even then when there was still room to turn things around they just sat back in Congress. Now much of America believes he was vindicated and if they try and act on it their chances of success are massively reduced.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are fecking embarrassments. Neither of them understand how the world has changed with the 24 hour news cycle, and while Trump and the GOP are taking risks left, right and centre, they won’t move unless everything is a safe bet. Which it never will be, because Trump knows how to change the narrative.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

Their corruption is boundless.
Don’t know why they’re wasting time investigating this. If the US treasury has been financing Trump they won’t do anything about it and Trump will just carry on as usual, stealing money while the Dems just “Tut Tut” to each other.

Their lack of action really does makes you wonder how many of the Dems are on the take too, doesn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.