The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump claims Ivanka created 14million jobs. The entire economy only added 6million
Guardian said:
Speaking in front of the Economic Club of New York on Tuesday, Donald Trump made a claim that stood out as extreme even among his nearly infinite catalogue of bizarre lies. His daughter Ivanka Trump, an unelected government official, was directly responsible for the creation of 14 million jobs, he said.

“When she started this two and half years ago, her goal was 500,000 jobs,” the US president said.

Trump’s daughter is the co-chair of the White House workforce policy advisory board.

“She’s now created 14m jobs. And they’re being trained by these great companies – the greatest companies in the world – because the government can’t train them,” he said to applause from the crowd.

Lest one be left with the impression that this lie was sufficiently ridiculous, the president appended it immediately with an even more exaggerated prognostication. “Fourteen million … and going up,” he said.

Since Trump took office, the entire economy has added about 6m jobs as of October, according to FactCheck.org.

SteveJ

Scout
I think I've said it before but the amount of times I ve heard older dudes say they voted for Trump bc his wife and daughter are hot- truly is rather nauseating.
In the rather unlikely event of me sleeping with Ivanka, I'd be put off because all the while I'd be thinking 'Donald Trump...DONALD TRUMP!'. Then again, so would she.

roseguy64

In the rather unlikely event of me sleeping with Ivanka, I'd be put off because all the while I'd be thinking 'Donald Trump...DONALD TRUMP!'. Then again, so would she.
He thinks about her when having sex so there's that connection also.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
To be fair, it'd be hard not to, with him sat there watching.

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian said:
Donald Trump has insisted that the US military presence in Syria is “only for the oil”, contradicting his own officials who have insisted that the remaining forces were there to fight Isis.
Doh!

Drifter

American
On Wednesday, The New York Times reported that the full panel of judges on the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has upheld a lower court’s decision requiring President Donald Trump’s accounting firm to turn over several years of financial records to Congress.

The decision was 8 to 3, with two of the dissenters judges Trump appointed. Among the majority was Chief Judge Merrick Garland, who was famously denied a Supreme Court appointment by Republicans so they could cement an ideological takeover of the judiciary.

With the en banc appeals court ruling against Trump, the matter is very likely to be taken up by the Supreme Court, setting up a historic confrontation over the separation of powers.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Kind of scary that there were 3 dissenters on such a high court.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
https://www.newsweek.com/senate-confirms-trump-judicial-nominee-steven-menashi-1468917

A paragon of all the bad -ist and -bic you can think of with no experience as judge is now a lifetime judge.

The damage these do are absolutely long term and there's no practical way to undo these.

With this confirmation, Donald Trump has flipped the 2nd Circuit to a majority of Republican appointees—a momentous shift in the balance of power that could help the president shield himself from criminal liability and congressional scrutiny in a jurisdiction, New York, which he previously called home.

For instance, a three-judge panel for the 2nd Circuit is currently considering the legality of a subpoena that the House of Representatives issued to Deutsche Bank and Capital One for Trump’s financial records.
For all his dumb posturing, he makes some smart self preservation moves. Not good at all.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
American system is a disgrace where the judiciary can be influenced by the President to such an extent that they are partisan. While political appointments happen in Australia and our High Court justices are appointed by the Prime Minister, seldom are they actually influenced by politics. High Court justices are held in such high esteem that they are generally considered more powerful than the Prime Minister and therefore take their role seriously.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/hig...ra-s-political-landscape-20181009-p508ju.html

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What rules are there against a sitting president saying things to influence another nation's elections, and how many times will he breach those rules?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As the hearings on his impeachment go on, Donald is focused on real issues affecting the American people, like pardoning war criminals. You can't make this stuff up..

Abizzz

As the hearings on his impeachment go on, Donald is focused on real issues affecting the American people, like pardoning war criminals. You can't make this stuff up..

“The President, as Commander-in-Chief, is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the law is enforced and when appropriate, that mercy is granted,” the White House statement said. “As the President has stated, ‘when our soldiers have to fight for our country, I want to give them the confidence to fight.’”
Donald Trump is in charge of the law being enforced.

Last edited:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The enlisted ranks I know will be eating this up as a victory for the good guys
In terms of the militarly loving public sure, but for rank and file I'd guess it depends on who's relating the story no? Lorance's own men dobbed him in.

“The tragedy of pardoning Lorance isn’t that he will be released from prison — I’ve found room for compassion there,” said Patrick Swanson, a former Army captain who was Lieutenant Lorance’s company commander in Afghanistan. “The tragedy is that people will hail him as a hero, and he is not a hero. He ordered those murders. He lied about them.”

Mr. Lorance was a rookie Army lieutenant who had been in command of a platoon in Afghanistan for two days in July 2012 when he ordered his troops to fire on unarmed villagers who posed no threat, killing two men. He then called in false reports over the radio to cover up what had happened. He was immediately turned in by his own men.

Last edited:

Precaution

Trump is going to be in my former home town soon over in Watford at the Grove Hotel, which of course boasts one of the finest golf courses in the UK...

Mike Smalling

His braindead supporters will see this is as standing up for the military, but in reality Trump is shitting all over those in the military that reported, investigated and ran the trial against the war criminals.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
His braindead supporters will see this is as standing up for the military, but in reality Trump is shitting all over those in the military that reported, investigated and ran the trial against the war criminals.
Its a metaphor/microcosm what Trump is doing to the country -- the Military Code of Conduct was what kept them together or in-check. Now like how Trump has damaged rule of law, emollient laws, norms expected of a POTUS. At least you can say one thing about Trump --- the ol' Fecker is consistent.

Dr. StrangeHate

Is this any different to Obama classifying any male of combat age near drone blast sites as terrorists as well to excuse murders of innocent bystanders. Unfortunately this is par for the course for any US administration.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
“The president looks at it through that lens, a simple one, and important one,” Mr. Hegseth said, adding, “The benefit of the doubt should go to the guys pulling the trigger.”
That is fecking terrifying.

As is..
Mr. Trump echoed their frustration on Twitter in October, saying about Major Golsteyn, “We train our boys to be killing machines, then prosecute them when they kill!”

Status
Not open for further replies.