The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Laughable to suggest she's one of the most important people in the human history, a girl that's being controlled like a puppet, groomed for the role. Greta could be any other 16 year old kid in the world with the right script, control and backing from wealthy parents. She hasnt achieved anything really all she's done is raise awareness to something everyone knew about anyway.

The most important people in the human race will be the people that offer actual fixes and solutions for climate change and they've been working on that before she was born.
You were doing so well at appearing thoughtful until your mask managed to slip after just two posts.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Rosa Parks doesn't deserve recognition either, she just became a public figure by not behaving correctly in some bus and then the NAACP groomed her for the role of being the face of their cause, something they could have done to anyone. It was the important politicians who fixed the problem by changing the laws so she obviously didn't achieve anything by raising awareness.

Am I doing this right?
Yeah, and you can add Martin Luther King to that list, too. Many people knew something was wrong when he started making noices. He was essentially just a poster boy for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference because he knew how to read a script. Any person with half a brain could have done it.

The real hero of that era was LBJ who signed the civil rights bills.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm no trump fan but is he wrong in this instance?

she does seem to have anger problems especially for a girl so young.

Hes not wrong in saying she maybe does need to chill and spend time with her friends. I can guarantee she will be a complete nutcase in a couple of years.
Good f*cking grief.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Look people have made a lot of Money from her popularity, it can be easily researched. For instance when she first started her school protesting a green activist group “stumbled” across it (set up by her mum of course) and rather weirdly they made well over a million when greta joined their board. wherever money can be made people will be.
If it would be so easy to be research, you would put it here as a fact/argument but no. You have nothing besides what the right wing media repeats over an over. You have nothing, jst personal opinions from other people that they shoved in your brain as you will never be able to thing by yourself

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nothing like a Saturday evening meltdown about Fox allowing Dems to speak on the network...

SteveJ

Scout
'Everyone and everything in the world is rubbish, except me. I'm GREAT.'

Sanche7

I'm no trump fan but is he wrong in this instance?

she does seem to have anger problems especially for a girl so young.

Hes not wrong in saying she maybe does need to chill and spend time with her friends. I can guarantee she will be a complete nutcase in a couple of years.
So what do you suggest? Be all happy, add a few jokes to the bit, smile a bit more? The world could end in a few decades, a mass extinction is right around the corner, she's part of a generation that's going to face the worst effects of climate change and you want her to do what? Joke around?. The question is not why is she always angry, the real question should be why aren't we all angry?
Also IMO the way she speaks, without holding back, is the reason why so many people have taken notice.
And about the last sentence of your post, great psych eval doc, but for the sake of everyone on this planet, let's hope you are wrong.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I know people think Michael Moore is a bit bleh but one thing he did say recently and I believe he is correct is that if Michelle Obama decided to run, she'd crush Trump in 2020.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm no Trump fan, but I think he's amazing and would gladly crawl through broken glass to felate him.

"Im no trump fan, but.." is the new "Im not a racist, but.."

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I know people think Michael Moore is a bit bleh but one thing he did say recently and I believe he is correct is that if Michelle Obama decided to run, she'd crush Trump in 2020.
Which sums up modern America perfectly. She’s a charismatic woman who has never been elected to any political position, is not a politician and whose sole ‘qualification’ is that she was married to someone.

Fecking ridiculous. It’s like those dumb fecks who wanted Oprah to run.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump has had 123 posts and retweets on twitter today.
The man needs medical attention

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Which sums up modern America perfectly. She’s a charismatic woman who has never been elected to any political position, is not a politician and whose sole ‘qualification’ is that she was married to someone.

Fecking ridiculous. It’s like those dumb fecks who wanted Oprah to run.
I mean kind of. She is exceptionally well-educated, and has a history of serving high-level positions in non-profits.

It's not like she's a reality-tv star.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I mean kind of. She is exceptionally well-educated, and has a history of serving high-level positions in non-profits.

It's not like she's a reality-tv star.
She’s still not qualified to he president. But I won’t put it past our electorate to gobble up bullshit and make bad decisions again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The weirdestdig of all time to me is "career politician". Why is experience in politics a bad thing? Do you call a plummer to get a vasectomy instead of all these damn career surgeons who are only good at doing the exact fecking thing they spent all their life practising.

Boycott

The weirdestdig of all time to me is "career politician". Why is experience in politics a bad thing? Do you call a plummer to get a vasectomy instead of all these damn career surgeons who are only good at doing the exact fecking thing they spent all their life practising.
Experience in politics is a great thing if your experience is measured by accomplishments. "Here's all the legislation I wrote. Here's how many of them passed. Here's all the quantifiable results from them. Here's what I did for my constituents over all these years. Here's the committees I served on and what laws got passed because of working on X and the lessons we learned on Y. Here's how I held this world leader accountable and what measures I took to reach an agreement on this global issue."

Unfortunately there are some politicians whose experience is measured only by time served.

SteveJ

Scout
Yahoo News said:
Appearing on Sunday Evening With Vladimir Soloviev, Mikhail Gusman, first deputy director general of ITAR-TASS, Russia’s oldest and largest news agency, predicted: “Sooner or later, the Democrats will come back into power. The next term or the term after that, it doesn’t matter... I have an even more unpleasant forecast for Trump. After the White House, he will face a very unhappy period.”

The host, Vladimir Soloviev, smugly asked: “Should we get another apartment in Rostov ready?” Soloviev’s allusion was to the situation of Viktor Yanukovych, former president of Ukraine, who was forced to flee to Russia in 2014 and settled in the city of Rostov-on-Don.

Drifter

American
Rick Gates gets jail: Team Trump mocked after yet another aide lands behind bars – despite cooperating with Mueller

According to reports this Tuesday, Donald Trump’s one-time deputy campaign manager, Rick Gates, has received 36 months of probation after pleading guilty last year to financial fraud and lying to investigators. He will also serve 45 days in jail on weekends “or in accordance with the schedule of the probation office,” POLITICO reports.
Despite the light sentence that was handed down due to his cooperation with the Mueller investigation, many on Twitter saw his sentence as just another example of a Trump associate facing a reckoning for corruption.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/ri...behind-bars-despite-cooperating-with-mueller/

Drifter

American
Donald Trump Jr now under federal investigation for killing endangered sheep during Mongolian trophy hunt

“The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said it will review allegations that Donald Trump Jr., may have illegally killed a rare sheep during a recent trip to Mongolia and imported parts of the animal back to the U.S.,” Roll Call reported Wednesday.

“Animal conservation activists said President Donald Trump’s eldest son may have violated a federal wildlife anti-trafficking law after ProPublica reported last week that he shot and killed an argali sheep without proper permits during a personal trip in August,” the publication noted. “The Mongolian government issued a permit for hunting the sheep after the fact, and it’s unclear what happened to the animal after it was killed, according to the report.”
You just could not make it up.

Drifter

American
Evangelical magazine calls for Trump’s removal from office: He is ‘profoundly immoral’ and ‘morally lost’

On Thursday, Christianity Today, a prominent evangelical magazine founded by Billy Graham, published an article calling for President Donald Trump’s removal from office.

“Let’s grant this to the president: The Democrats have had it out for him from day one, and therefore nearly everything they do is under a cloud of partisan suspicion,” wrote chief editor Mark Galli. “But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.”

“The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration,” continued Galli. “He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.”

“To the many evangelicals who continue to support Mr. Trump in spite of his blackened moral record, we might say this: Remember who you are and whom you serve,” wrote Galli. “Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior. Consider what an unbelieving world will say if you continue to brush off Mr. Trump’s immoral words and behavior in the cause of political expediency. If we don’t reverse course now, will anyone take anything we say about justice and righteousness with any seriousness for decades to come? Can we say with a straight face that abortion is a great evil that cannot be tolerated and, with the same straight face, say that the bent and broken character of our nation’s leader doesn’t really matter in the end?”

“We have done our best to give evangelical Trump supporters their due, to try to understand their point of view, to see the prudential nature of so many political decisions they have made regarding Mr. Trump,” concluded Galli. “To use an old cliché, it’s time to call a spade a spade, to say that no matter how many hands we win in this political poker game, we are playing with a stacked deck of gross immorality and ethical incompetence … It will crash down on the reputation of evangelical religion and on the world’s understanding of the gospel. And it will come crashing down on a nation of men and women whose welfare is also our concern.”

Status
Not open for further replies.