The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just looking at his record and he’s always been a DINO. Very conservative man from a conservative district.

I honestly believe that if he was never Obama’s VP, Biden would have made the same switch by now. Maybe not under a Trump presidency but in a normal timeline he would have switch parties

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Just looking at his record and he’s always been a DINO. Very conservative man from a conservative district.

I honestly believe that if he was never Obama’s VP, Biden would have made the same switch by now. Maybe not under a Trump presidency but in a normal timeline he would have switch parties
I doubt it. Even without Trump, the Republican party was always moving more right wing. Now if the Republican party would have stayed the same since the 70s while the Democratic party moved left toward social democrat, then I can see that happening.

Revan

Assumptionman

The demonization of Biden and everything that is not far left is reaching absurd levels in this forum.

sport2793

The demonization of Biden and everything that is not far left is reaching absurd levels in this forum.
Yep, completely divorced from reality and as dismissive of facts as Trump supporters worringly.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Him switching isn't a shock, but this simpering sycophancy is bizarre. It's weird that any congressperson would act like that towards a president (co-equal branch anyone?) but coming from someone who was a Dem until very recently, its just freakish.

Cloud7

The weirdestdig of all time to me is "career politician". Why is experience in politics a bad thing? Do you call a plummer to get a vasectomy instead of all these damn career surgeons who are only good at doing the exact fecking thing they spent all their life practising.
It depends on what position they’re going to be involved in I think. For example, if you’re going to be involved in healthcare or military at a government level, I think it’s sensible that you should have some knowledge and experience about those areas, rather than someone who’s only worked in politics their whole life.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Evangelical magazine calls for Trump’s removal from office: He is ‘profoundly immoral’ and ‘morally lost’

BOOM!

:lol:

However the replies to the oroginal story on sites such as The Hill and CNN show that his cult members are now attacking the Publication too. Many are also straight up calling it evil and siding with Murderers. They will never vote for baby killers, ever. They oppose abortion so vehemently, they would vote for ANYONE other than a Dem. It's so depressing that's what their whole vote is based on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

BOOM!

However the replies to the oroginal story on sites such as The Hill and CNN show that his cult members are now attacking the Publication too. Many are also straight up calling it evil and siding with Murderers. They will never vote for baby killers, ever. They oppose abortion so vehemently, they would vote for ANYONE other than a Dem. It's so depressing that's what their whole vote is based on.
Dems are gonna take Christianity now?

Unbelievable stuff. The CIA needs to act.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Biden caused this by supporting right wing policy like the drug war bs bill in 1994 to his shilling for profit health companies instead of pursuing meaningful healthcare reform and prioritizing wall street profits over people in the great recession. Any stick Biden receives is because of is own actions and history protecting corporate profits at all costs.

He deserves everything he gets as he has been a rotten politician for decades.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

BOOM!

''I won’t be reading ET again! '' This dipshit serious needs to call Specsavers!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Unless I'm wrong - I'm pretty sure Evangalicals aren't a majority of the Christian population between Protestants and Catholics on the other side in this country so it seems he s only disenfranchising a lot of them by hanging his hat on claiming to defend them. It's a scary time though when evangelical leaders with some of their mega churches are probably way too enamored or threatened to say anything about the aggressively anti-christian values of Donnie and Co.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It's a scary time though when evangelical leaders with some of their mega churches are probably way too enamored or threatened to say anything about the aggressively anti-christian values of Donnie and Co.
They generally believe that the apocalypse will happen in Israel and view Trump's moving of the embassy to Jerusalem as a favourable step toward that end. They don't like Trump as a person but they're convinced he's a vassal who god acts through.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They generally believe that the apocalypse will happen in Israel and view Trump's moving of the embassy to Jerusalem as a favourable step toward that end. They don't like Trump as a person but they're convinced he's a vassal who god acts through.
Yeah forgot about that.

As a catholic Im more worried about the apocalypse happening because we ran out of beer. *shrugs*

Revan

Assumptionman
Biden caused this by supporting right wing policy like the drug war bs bill in 1994 to his shilling for profit health companies instead of pursuing meaningful healthcare reform and prioritizing wall street profits over people in the great recession. Any stick Biden receives is because of is own actions and history protecting corporate profits at all costs.

He deserves everything he gets as he has been a rotten politician for decades.
Yeah, there is a big difference from 'he made big mistakes' to 'he would have changed parties if he was not a VP'.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

BOOM!

I'm amazed how he manages to find the time to do more than anybody has ever done for so many causes and still has time to tweet a couple of dozen times a day and watch TV.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
''I won’t be reading ET again! '' This dipshit serious needs to call Specsavers!
I don't think glasses would've helped here, it's just Trump having the attention span and intellect of a door knob. He wrote the correct name of the magazine in the first tweet, Christianity Today, but since he then used the word evangelicals in the second tweet he got so confused (because who wouldn't) he then thought the magazine was called Evangelicals Today, hence ET.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm amazed how he manages to find the time to do more than anybody has ever done for so many causes and still has time to tweet a couple of dozen times a day and watch TV.

He Tweeted and ReTweeted 124 times the other day. His daily average over the last few months is somewhere around 80. He really does absolutely feck all.

Trump's day.

Wake up, turn on TV, grab phone and get angry.

Eat a burger and drink a bottle of diet Coke.

Go for a shit, sit there and rage Tweet for an hour or so. (Consume another burger or two and a 2 litre diet coke during shitty time)

Wipe arse

Have a quick wank over the sycophants who Tweet supporting him. Retweet their propaganda and bullshit.

Eat a burger, drink some diet Coke.

Watch TV and rage Tweet whilst eating some burgers and mainlining some diet coke.

Sign some shit

Speak to some rich fecks who want to pay to remove some regulation Obama put in place. Agree, pocket cash then rage Tweet about Biden corruption.

It's burger time!

Lunch.

Press conference consisting of raging about what he has seen on TV that day.

Has another burger and coke.

Nappy change time.

Melania says hello.

Rage Tweet time. Burger time. Photo op with sports team and burgers.

Late night TV private time, Hannity, Tucker and Ingrham, a box of tissues, some hand cream, loads of burgers and diet Cokes and a few lines of Adderall.

Nappy change.

Sleepy time.

Wake rage Tweet something pecking his head and stopping his sleep.

Burger. Diet coke.

Sleep.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The weirdestdig of all time to me is "career politician". Why is experience in politics a bad thing? Do you call a plummer to get a vasectomy instead of all these damn career surgeons who are only good at doing the exact fecking thing they spent all their life practising.
Absurd comment. It's not the same thing at all. I dont want a politician who is skilled at maneuvering and has great knowledge of arcane Senate rules if they use those rules to benefit corporations and crush regular people. It matters what policies they back and who they are beholden to.

It doesnt matter if a surgeon thinks Aerosmith are good or whatever other character flaws because that doesnt effect their job.

Eboue

It's always staggering the sympathy that comfortable liberals have for politicians. It's where the "it's her turn" stuff comes from too.

These people work for us. We dont owe them anything. Bernie is the best politician we've had in this country for decades and if he died tomorrow I would be sad for the tens of thousands of poor people who will die without healthcare and for the countless foreign lives that would be destroyed by imperialist wars. I wouldn't feel bad for Bernie. Hes almost 80 years old and has lived a comfortable life.

You dont have to respect the skill of people who sell out the lives of you and your friends to add a zero to a corporate bank account. You dont have to defend Joe Biden who has blazed a successful career out of helping credit card companies and bankrupting college students. You dont have to admire Hillary for breaking the glass ceiling through decades of discrediting rape victims, rigging elections, enabling coups, and creating the conditions for an open air slave market.

The default view of normal people towards any politician should be contempt and only a small amount ever get beyond that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Absurd comment. It's not the same thing at all. I dont want a politician who is skilled at maneuvering and has great knowledge of arcane Senate rules if they use those rules to benefit corporations and crush regular people. It matters what policies they back and who they are beholden to.

It doesnt matter if a surgeon thinks Aerosmith are good or whatever other character flaws because that doesnt effect their job.
You misunderstand me. I don't mean that all career politicians are good, Im saying that being a career politician is not automatically bad. Especially in Holland a lot of people seem to think that having spent your entire career in politics somehow disqualifies you from being a good politician.

If this career was spend voting in favour of wars and giving tax breaks for the rich, you're obviously a shite politician, but that's because of your decisions not the fact you're a politician.

Meh, Im having trouble explaining this :nervous:

Take Bernie, he's like a million years old, isnt he a career politician?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You misunderstand me. I don't mean that all career politicians are good, Im saying that being a career politician is not automatically bad. Especially in Holland a lot of people seem to think that having spent your entire career in politics somehow disqualifies you from being a good politician.

If this career was spend voting in favour of wars and giving tax breaks for the rich, you're obviously a shite politician, but that's because of your decisions not the fact you're a politician.

The “career” bit of the term is to suggest that they are only interested in furthering their own career rather than trying to achieve something for their constituents.

Ambition in politics is generally antithetical to getting something good done.

Eboue

But its not better to have more experienced politicians. It is better to have more experienced plumbers and surgeons.

A career politician isnt better for the people than someone who is new to it. Politicians are good and bad based on their policies and I think its frequently the case that the compromises made to maintain status as a politician makes them worse policy wise than the average person.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
But its not better to have more experienced politicians. It is better to have more experienced plumbers and surgeons.

A career politician isnt better for the people than someone who is new to it. Politicians are good and bad based on their policies and I think its frequently the case that the compromises made to maintain status as a politician makes them worse policy wise than the average person.
That's fair enough. I admit it was a rubbish comparison.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

So we should have some evidence of that then. Remind me how the Tea Party politicians changed politics for the better. Or how Trump has.

Career politicians are more likely to compromise because they understand that politics is all about compromise. Winning an election doesn’t mean you get a free pass to change the country however you want to, not in a system where usually the difference in numbers between winner and loser are fairly small.

Eboue

So we should have some evidence of that then. Remind me how the Tea Party politicians changed politics for the better. Or how Trump has.

Career politicians are more likely to compromise because they understand that politics is all about compromise. Winning an election doesn’t mean you get a free pass to change the country however you want to, not in a system where usually the difference in numbers between winner and loser are fairly small.
You totally missed my point. The tea party was bad because their policies and beliefs were bad. Just like McConnell is bad because his policies and beliefs are bad.

Experience is secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.