The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Bash is one of the biggest hacks in the media, so not a surprise this is coming from her. A lot in the media will privately be praying for Trump to get elected for a 2nd term as they thrive on the drama and controversy.

The Dems winning the presidency will be bad for the media as things would return to normal, which will result in their ratings taking a significant hit.
Agree. So many in journalism and late night shows (Colbert) have done well out of this President , whether selling books or cartoon tv series. Maybe a lot of them spouting fake anger are hoping that long may this continue.

Carolina Red

Staff
Treasury Secretary to Congress: We could see 20% unemployment because of this.

Trump to the Press: I disagree with him. That won't happen.

Good to know they're communicating.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I genuinely don't see his Presidency surviving this. It's going to go on for months and people are going to get more angry and more scared and with this bumbling idiot appearing on TV every day acting petulant and completely lost and out of his depth I think even members of his base will lose patience with him at a time when they are looking for leadership and answers rather than sassy one liners and excuses.

He's not going to win the independent voters who were betting on his economy. They're more likely to trust Biden who was Obama's VP when Obama steered the US out of the recession and upwards (yes Eboue we know how he sold out to do this)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Doubt if they will test every inbound passenger. Each test/swab has to be sent to a nearby lab that has PCR machines.
Results in 2 hrs. It's got to cost between $50 to $150 per test.
I should have been clear, temperature screening, not testing.

Revan

Assumptionman

Such a fecking despicable excuse for a human. cnut!
Well, said it before, I agree with Trump. China fecked things up big time, and now are doing massive propaganda to use the situation (they caused with their carelessness) in order to increase their political power. From claiming that the US made the virus, to they are the only ones who are able to deal with it, to look how good we are, we are even selling masks to Italy and we are gonna save them by sending 7 doctors there.

Trump is answering propaganda with propaganda.

The Firestarter

Well, said it before, I agree with Trump. China fecked things up big time, and now are doing massive propaganda to use the situation (they caused with their carelessness) in order to increase their political power. From claiming that the US made the virus, to they are the only ones who are able to deal with it, to look how good we are, we are even selling masks to Italy and we are gonna save them by sending 7 doctors there.

Two wrongs dont make it right. When you say its Chinese virus, it opens the gates for hate on the chinese or other asian americans. It will happen , a lot of frustrated people right now looking to vent somewhere.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Chinese American citizens will completely understand too when they are inevitably targeted by the MAGA crowed hopped up on fear and hate.

Revan

Assumptionman
Two wrongs dont make it right. When you say its Chinese virus, it opens the gates for hate on the chinese or other asian americans. It will happen , a lot of frustrated people right now looking to vent somewhere.
Chinese American citizens will completely understand too when they are inevitably targeted by the MAGA crowed hopped up on fear and hate.
Sure.

Which is why he should be a more tactful. Blaming China but at the same time mentioning that this is not targeted at Chinese Americans (which is what he did when asked from a journo, but he should say that often).

China is using this situation (for which they have a large responsibility) to increase their influence and political power. I am sorry for not being okay with that.

The Firestarter

Sure.

Which is why he should be a more tactful. Blaming China but at the same time mentioning that this is not targeted at Chinese Americans (which is what he did when asked from a journo, but he should say that often).

China is using this situation (for which they have a large responsibility) to increase their influence and political power. I am sorry for not being okay with that.
It's ok to blame the Chinese government. Just don't fecking call it Chinese virus at every tweet and briefing.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Sure.

But that’s our entire point. It’s horribly crude and undiplomatic. China should be condemned using official channels and the international community should pressure them to act more responsibly.

Giggs86

My very old relative, a US citizen, arrived from India and said there was no testing at all (o'Hare airport). Flight was via Dubai where also there was no testing. She's voluntarily decided to isolate herself for a week.
When was that? I thought they checked everyone's temperature at O'hare since last friday.

Giggs86

Trump says calling pandemic 'Chinese virus' is 'not racist at all'

How is that racist? The virus originated in China. The 1918 flu is named the Spanish flu (and with no good reason unlike covid-19), don't see anyone offended by that.

Giggs86

You are not Chinese
I'm not. And the point is? Is MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus) also racist towards people from the middle east?

Chinese virus. Virus originated in China. End of. People who think it's racist need to get a grip. I'm shocked this is even news.

Cal?

CR7 fan

The one thing I actually think Trump is handling well, China & Emperor Xi

It's ok to blame the Chinese government. Just don't fecking call it Chinese virus at every tweet and briefing.
Japanese Encephalitis, German measles, Spanish Flu, all named after countries, what is the issue here?

I'm not. And the point is? Is MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus) also racist towards people from the middle east?

Chinese virus. Virus originated in China. End of. People who think it's racist need to get a grip. I'm shocked this is even news.
Agreed

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
More Chinese racism from Trump's government.

And why, exactly, do these wealthy Republican clowns think that Chinese folks eat such stuff? Here's a clue: it's because of poverty, and having to eat anything you can to stay alive...an experience unknown to people like Senator Cornyn.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
More Chinese racism from Trump's government.

Guys talking a load of baloney.

Baloney - North American sausage, usually contains afterthoughts of the meat industry - organs, trimmings, end pieces and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.