The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This was an opportunity for him to rewrite his legacy and quietly infuriate all his detractors by not being a complete bastard. He didn’t take it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This response cracks me up
It's like a fecking cult?

If he said march off a cliff, I could see people lining up like lemmings.

Friend of my wife's lives in NY, said he's petrified .. at least in part due to the apparent lack of support.

I wonder if Trump is distantly related to Bolsonaro (Brazil's president). Sound like brothers from another mother.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...feel-anything-covid-19-attack-state-lockdowns

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
It's like a fecking cult?

If he said march off a cliff, I could see people lining up like lemmings.

Friend of my wife's lives in NY, said he's petrified .. at least in part due to the apparent lack of support.

I wonder if Trump is distantly related to Bolsonaro (Brazil's president). Sound like brothers from another mother.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...feel-anything-covid-19-attack-state-lockdowns
They certainly both fit the definition of demagogues. On a more general perspective, I find it worrying how so many countries seem to have such horrible persons in charge.

GiddyUp

Wow. The responses on that piss drinker’s thread are simply mind boggling.
When I hear idiots speak I tend to walk away so I don't have to watch the other idiots sniffing each others ass. Best to a avoid the comments on that idiots twitter page.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The countries with the highest standard of living, the happiest countries, the most equal countries, all of those are generally democracies. That doesn't mean a democracy can't be flawed or shitty, but it's not a complete coincidence.
I didn't say it was bad, i do think it's benefits are overstated

In that case you’re lucky to be living in America with your electoral college and gerrymandering :lol:
I reconsider that every day

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's how they bribe all their party members to vote for bills, its corrupt as feck basically. They pack these bills with little things that benefit different congress members districts, regardless of whether it has anything to do with the subject of the bill itself.
Charlie Wilson's War did a great job of showing how this works.

MTF

Cheers. Sounds shambolic. Really makes me appreciate things here in Denmark where all the parties agreed on an aid package in no time and with no sour grapes from anyone afterwards.
You guys seem to have done well. Don't know the little details, but one of the first things I figured was that you had to freeze rents and interest in general so that you can put the whole economy in a sort of freeze, and you seem to have done that. And got it done quickly, which was all more impressive while in the US and elsewhere they waffle about.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
What the:
Im convinced he just puts out any old crap because he knows his supporters won't have a clue what hes on about and just blindly see it as Trump doing a good job.

"yaaay, whooo, whoooo, we beat the Koreans at " testing". We sure showed them, go go U...S...A!! "

Carolina Red

Staff
Im convinced he just puts out any old crap because he knows his supporters won't have a clue what hes on about and just blindly see it as Trump doing a good job.

"yaaay, whooo, whoooo, we beat the Koreans at " testing". We sure showed them, go go U...S...A!! "
We don't even need testing because this is a hoax, but just because we are 'Murica, we're #1!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Someone take the crayons away from this manchild.
Probably not even in his top 5 most stupid tweets of the day.
What the:
My English teacher used to smack us on the back of the head with a ruler for basic grammar mistakes .... there/their, which tense, etc. (Lovely lady, knitted).

She'd have broken her fecking ruler on Trump by now.... and he'd probably say "I've got a strong head. It's probably the greatest head of any world leader."

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
You guys seem to have done well. Don't know the little details, but one of the first things I figured was that you had to freeze rents and interest in general so that you can put the whole economy in a sort of freeze, and you seem to have done that. And got it done quickly, which was all more impressive while in the US and elsewhere they waffle about.
I read this from The Atlantic earlier about Denmark's response. It remains to be seen how we land everything but I like what Peter Hummelgaard is saying.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's not like Trump is new to the scene. He has been bullshitting since the 80s.

The good thing about having Trump around is that --- despite the fact that you may be having a bad day at the office, you can confidently comfort yourself knowing that you are smarter still than 63 million other people!
He's new to the political scene. Don't care if you bullshit for reality TV.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Trump repeated some of his favorite lines about a “big beautiful wall” and complained about Nato countries. His coronavirus briefings are beginning to look increasingly like his 2020 campaign rallies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
That's bc that's exactly what they are. He can't deal with not getting attention so he tries to get it this way. At least the experts he does have in the room have some relatively useful things to say - and hopefully it makes more people realize what a self indulgent feckwit he is and they just make pick up the pieces and slack.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Ok - which one of you jokers put chalk around the binoculars eye caps?"

Status
Not open for further replies.