The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Popular history paints with a very broad brush, unless his party turns on him and he gets thrown out of office in disgrace he will be romanticized more and more over time. I mean people appear largely indifferent to what he's doing or saying while they see it live on TV, why would they suddenly care about it years later, after he left office? And every politician sees how effective his style is politically, why would they turn up their noses on it? If anything people are probably thinking to themselves "imagine what someone who can formulate coherent sentences could do with that playbook", or they'll just opt for Ivanka.
Evangelicals will build shrines and worship him going opposite of what their fabricated book instructs them on worshiping false idols.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Precaution

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Well that's not an unreasonable question to ask? So long as Fauci's reply was taken on board and it is never considered again.

Non-story as I'm sure all world leaders asked the same question. Unless Trump asked yesterday or something.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Well that's not an unreasonable question to ask? So long as Fauci's reply was taken on board and it is never considered again.

Non-story as I'm sure all world leaders asked the same question. Unless Trump asked yesterday or something.
March 14 by sounds of it
During a coronavirus task force meeting in the Situation Room last month, on the same day that Trump ordered for travel to be suspended from the United Kingdom and Ireland in an effort to stem the spread of the virus, Trump reportedly asked Fauci "Why don't we let this wash over the country?"

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
March 14 by sounds of it
During a coronavirus task force meeting in the Situation Room last month, on the same day that Trump ordered for travel to be suspended from the United Kingdom and Ireland in an effort to stem the spread of the virus, Trump reportedly asked Fauci "Why don't we let this wash over the country?"

Ok so I don't see it as weird or bad then. Clickbait article.

Not that I think he gives a shit about most people. I reckon Boris getting ill has also shaken him.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Ok so I don't see it as weird or bad then. Clickbait article.

Not that I think he gives a shit about most people. I reckon Boris getting ill has also shaken him.
I somewhat agree. The question should have been asked far earlier but given the wasted few months it was a legitimate question at the time and it's a non-story.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Here's one for the Trump supporters: name me one logical reason why the Trump administration alone - not Senate or House - would be threatening to veto the next relief bill because it ensures the Postal Service can survive these crazy times:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/11/post-office-bailout-trump/#comments-wrapper

That's the US Postal Service - who right now is basically powering the entire f*cking economy, and obviously struggling to do so, and will go bankrupt later this year at the run rate. So it's a no brainer right? They're only asking for a few billion too - which seems like child's play when you consider the number of upstream companies absolutely reliant on them right now.

Oh wait, Trump has a personal feud with Jeff Bezos, and believes he can screw with Amazon? Well then, f*ck the USPS, he'll veto the entire bill.

Is there a time to talk about if the USPS is value for money to the US tax payer? Sure. Is that time during this pandemic, when people are literally going to starve if he shuts it down? Methinks no. But no personal slight is too petty for the toddler in chief.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Here's one for the Trump supporters: name me one logical reason why the Trump administration alone - not Senate or House - would be threatening to veto the next relief bill because it ensures the Postal Service can survive these crazy times:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/11/post-office-bailout-trump/#comments-wrapper

That's the US Postal Service - who right now is basically powering the entire f*cking economy, and obviously struggling to do so, and will go bankrupt later this year at the run rate. So it's a no brainer right? They're only asking for a few billion too - which seems like child's play when you consider the number of upstream companies absolutely reliant on them right now.

Oh wait, Trump has a personal feud with Jeff Bezos, and believes he can screw with Amazon? Well then, f*ck the USPS, he'll veto the entire bill.

Is there a time to talk about if the USPS is value for money to the US tax payer? Sure. Is that time during this pandemic, when people are literally going to starve if he shuts it down? Methinks no. But no personal slight is too petty for the toddler in chief.
Nope.

Amazon would be over the moon if the USPS went under.

Precaution

Amazon don't even use USPS? UPS always deliver mine or if you ever need to return something it's either at the UPS store / pick up or you drop it to Kohls (who give you 25% off instore for doing so)

Red Stone

Nope.

Amazon would be over the moon if the USPS went under.
Amazon would probably buy the remnants of USPS and use it to strenghten their own shipping and delivery network if it went bust. It's nothing but a win for them to see USPS fold.

Beachryan

Interesting, I thought all the 'cheap' shipments on Amazon were leveraging the subsidised USPS.

Okay makes even less sense then.

Maybe something about being unable to do mail-in voting without it in November? That would be gloriously evil.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Interesting, I thought all the 'cheap' shipments on Amazon were leveraging the subsidised USPS.

Okay makes even less sense then.

Maybe something about being unable to do mail-in voting without it in November? That would be gloriously evil.
No, the postal service has long been a target for the Ben Shapiro’s of the world as an example of government waste. The right thinks everything can be done more efficiently with private business, like education.

He’s spouting drivel to pander to his base even though he won‘t follow through; standard Trump tactic.

Drifter

American
How as the privatising of prisons coming along, and Devos failed with her privatised faith schools.

AllezLesDiables

If you support Trump you would have supported Hitler.

I’m seething at this point and I’m embarrassed that there are so many people in the US that are too stupid to recognize all the lies that pile out of Trump’s mouth.

He’s an incestuous ephebophile https://forward.com/schmooze/357185/7-creepy-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-ivanka/

He takes no responsibility for anything. He literally says contradictory statements back to back.

He’s scapegoating China (who are responsible) to deflect his own negligence.

All the hotels in Las Vegas are proving charity for people affected by Covid-19 except his hotel.
https://www.propublica.org/article/...ronavirus-but-his-own-company-has-been-absent

He tried to sneak a 500 billion dollar slush fund that he would oversee but Congress refused and put the oversight into the hands of an independent entity.

He put Pence in charge of the Coronavirus as a scapegoat so he can blame the failures on Pence and take credit for successes.

He was pushing an untested therapeutic as cure to curry influence with billionaire Bernie Marcus.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...nproven-covid-19-treatment-trump-promoted/amp

Trump along with some of the other sociopathic narcissists absolutely deserve the same fate as Saddam Hussein and many other tyrannical despots, letting the public tear his corpse limb from limb.

Drifter

American
Republicans have been trying to damage the USPS and most importantly the Union behind them for years. No wonder his party is right behind him.

Why do conservatives want to kill the USPS?

Beachryan

Republicans are such good people.

I mean, just listening to the strategy there - an unnamed senator slipped something through on Christmas Eve that was unnoticed in the bill and here we are. Can imagine frat bros like Matt Gaetz hi-fiving all over the place with that kind of representative democracy at work.

Drifter

American
The love affair with fox is a little rocky at the moment. His plugging of OAN seems to suggest this may be his new home during the Elections.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The love affair with fox is a little rocky at the moment.

:lol: OANN is basically a channel that allows Trump to plant their "journos" at his pressers to ask him pre-scripted softball questions because he doesn't want to deal with actual tough questions from other journos in the room.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
They're essentially all nihilists, that would genuinely rather see the folks on the other side of the ship sinking more than floating themselves.
That's true, and this attitude is by and large a fascist one.

Drifter

American
:lol: OANN is basically a channel that allows Trump to plant their "journos" at his pressers to ask him pre-scripted softball questions because he doesn't want to deal with actual tough questions from other journos in the room.

That's some hard nosed journalism there. Putin would be proud.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The love affair with fox is a little rocky at the moment. His plugging of OAN seems to suggest this may be his new home during the Elections.

This is what he was melting down about. Someone going on Fox and tacitly telling the Maga crowd Trump's actions cost lives

Revan

Assumptionman
This is what he was melting down about. Someone going on Fox and tacitly telling the Maga crowd Trump's actions cost lives

Wallace is a very good journalist. Obviously Trump hates him cause he is not into a permanent mode of ass-kissing like Hannity, Ingram of Carlson.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
His tweets read like Chuck D's typing them.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Its an attempt at voter suppression. Republicans know the less people who vote the greater their chance so its just a ploy to increase their chances for November

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If you support Trump you would have supported Hitler.

I’m seething at this point and I’m embarrassed that there are so many people in the US that are too stupid to recognize all the lies that pile out of Trump’s mouth.

He’s an incestuous ephebophile https://forward.com/schmooze/357185/7-creepy-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-ivanka/

He takes no responsibility for anything. He literally says contradictory statements back to back.

He’s scapegoating China (who are responsible) to deflect his own negligence.

All the hotels in Las Vegas are proving charity for people affected by Covid-19 except his hotel.
https://www.propublica.org/article/...ronavirus-but-his-own-company-has-been-absent

He tried to sneak a 500 billion dollar slush fund that he would oversee but Congress refused and put the oversight into the hands of an independent entity.

He put Pence in charge of the Coronavirus as a scapegoat so he can blame the failures on Pence and take credit for successes.

He was pushing an untested therapeutic as cure to curry influence with billionaire Bernie Marcus.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...nproven-covid-19-treatment-trump-promoted/amp

Trump along with some of the other sociopathic narcissists absolutely deserve the same fate as Saddam Hussein and many other tyrannical despots, letting the public tear his corpse limb from limb.
A two party system is venom, but what i dont get as a European is how locked down people are on their "side". It seems like once you pick a team you stick by it no matter what and its just absurd.

In my lifetime i've voted for three different parties in parliamentary elections. Not because the platforms have changed much, but because candidates change and parties change so i am always open to change my stance. "Labor no matter what" seems foolish to me if i dont believe in the candidates that year

I think that i can safely say that outside the US, Bush Jr was mostly seen as a warmongering moron, but at least he was a statesman of some sorts and even though he did some horrible shit, he did not shit the bed on every opportunity either.

What we see now though is just unbelievable. One thing is the stupidity and incompetence which is on display every day, but the sheer malice and lack of decency and humanity this man displays is just mind boggling. What is even more mind boggling is the cult of personality among his fans, the media and GOP.

There was an article in the Guardian yesterday that i think hits it nail on the head. US global reputation has taken a massive hit and it just continues to plummet.

After this shitshow my respect for the US as a nation will never be the same and right now its way more banana republic than republic in my eyes. And honestly i think most European and World leaders think the same. What is even the point of including the US in multilateral agreements and deals if another moron like Trump gets into office and just throws the playbook out the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.