The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Trump considered starting a talk radio show as coronavirus started to spread across the country

'On a Saturday in early March, Donald J. Trump, clad in a baseball cap, strode into the Situation Room for a meeting with the coronavirus task force. He didn’t stop by the group’s daily meetings often, but he had an idea he was eager to share: He wanted to start a White House talk radio show.

At the time, the virus was rapidly spreading across the country, and Mr. Trump would soon announce a ban on European travel. A talk radio show, Mr. Trump excitedly explained, would allow him to quell Americans’ fears and answer their questions about the pandemic directly, according to three White House officials who heard the pitch. There would be no screening, he said, just an open line for people to call and engage one-on-one with the president.

But that Saturday, almost as suddenly as he proposed it, the president outlined one reason he would not be moving forward with it: He did not want to compete with Rush Limbaugh.

No one in the room was sure how to respond, two of the officials said. Someone suggested hosting the show in the mornings or on weekends, to steer clear of the conservative radio host’s schedule. But Mr. Trump shook his head, saying he envisioned his show as two hours a day, every day. And were it not for Mr. Limbaugh, and the risk of encroaching on his territory, he reiterated, he would do it.'

(New York Times)
Oh I wish this had happened. He would say so many impeachable things that he would....not go to jail. Nothing would change. Pah.

Precaution

Trump considered starting a talk radio show as coronavirus started to spread across the country

'On a Saturday in early March, Donald J. Trump, clad in a baseball cap, strode into the Situation Room for a meeting with the coronavirus task force. He didn’t stop by the group’s daily meetings often, but he had an idea he was eager to share: He wanted to start a White House talk radio show.

At the time, the virus was rapidly spreading across the country, and Mr. Trump would soon announce a ban on European travel. A talk radio show, Mr. Trump excitedly explained, would allow him to quell Americans’ fears and answer their questions about the pandemic directly, according to three White House officials who heard the pitch. There would be no screening, he said, just an open line for people to call and engage one-on-one with the president.

But that Saturday, almost as suddenly as he proposed it, the president outlined one reason he would not be moving forward with it: He did not want to compete with Rush Limbaugh.

No one in the room was sure how to respond, two of the officials said. Someone suggested hosting the show in the mornings or on weekends, to steer clear of the conservative radio host’s schedule. But Mr. Trump shook his head, saying he envisioned his show as two hours a day, every day. And were it not for Mr. Limbaugh, and the risk of encroaching on his territory, he reiterated, he would do it.'

(New York Times)
Not the worst idea in the world but more for someone that has coherent thoughts for at least 80% of the day.

Revan

Assumptionman

(New York Times)
Seems so ridiculous yet so believable.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I finally understand how Trump casts the spell he does over his cultists. The way he inserts pure lies into dialogues that are loosely based around the truth mixed with repetitions of social media conspiracy and stupid stories just enough to feed them with some faux legitimacy.

He’s very good. Stupid, immoral, sociopathic, but an exquisite manipulator.

Red Stone

I was always sort of morbidly curious about what the fall of a global superpower would look like in real-time, but they can stop it now if they want to. It's bad enough already.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I was always sort of morbidly curious about what the fall of a global superpower would look like in real-time, but they can stop it now if they want to. It's bad enough already.
It is to large an economy to fall, but whats on show is the complete and utter stupidity of that countries political system and the people who live there.

It is nothing short of embarrassing. It really is the arsehole of the world which is quite sad because it is a beautiful country with a diverse multicultural society.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Trump is the Nero of USA

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I finally understand how Trump casts the spell he does over his cultists. The way he inserts pure lies into dialogues that are loosely based around the truth mixed with repetitions of social media conspiracy and stupid stories just enough to feed them with some faux legitimacy.

He’s very good. Stupid, immoral, sociopathic, but an exquisite manipulator.
I know seemingly smart people he's won over. It's impressive.

edcunited1878

This video from Oxford Union and Mark Cuban...he says it all about President Trump. He's not smart and he's not informed, yet he has this enormous platform. It's all too dangerous and yes, makes most of America look like complete bellends. fecking sad.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Nah. With a bit of luck he'll go to obscurity on November.
I see emergency pandemic presidency for the good of america and perpetuating his rule till he dies. with a bit of luck in november

Lj82

First because Taiwan claims itself as The Republic of China officially and also claims The People's Republic of China as part of it and that they are the rightful owner of what we know as Communist China.
Second, the UN including the USA decided that Communist China is the rightful owner of what we know as China hence Republic of China ( Taiwan) cannot be a member of the UN and the one China policy.
WHO is a body of the UN. So according to the UN, Taiwan is not a member of any UN bodies.

Now if Taiwan gives up the claim on Communist China and declares itself as Taiwan, then maybe, just maybe some countries may accept that.

Actually, the ROC/Taiwan was the one who decided to talk out of UN in the 1970s after the PRC joined the UN. Of course, the PRC will not let Taiwan anywhere near international organisations that would seemingly elevate Taiwan to a state-level. I'm sure the politicians in Taiwan must have been kicking themselves in the last 30-40 years for that stupid decision.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Nah. With a bit of luck he'll go to obscurity on November.
You mean from Nero to Zero? I doubt if we hear the last of him even after he is out. He knows he has a customer base. Like how he has broken every convention in the POTUS rule book, he will be the same in retirement, very un Ex-Potus like.
He just cant help himself. Once a cnut, always a cnut.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I know seemingly smart people he's won over. It's impressive.
If you’re not following the news closely and hearing what the Democrats are actually doing and what shit Trump is pulling I can see it would be very easy to accept a lot of lies without even realizing it. He’s a natural liar and the sheer quantity of lies becomes hard to parse. Even when you know he’s lying about big stuff, he’s slipped a dozen small lies in almost as side notes. It’s hard to comprehend that a US president could actually be twisting the truth to the extent that he does, so even when you go in on guard it’s too easy to end up manipulated even if it’s just in small ways.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Just announced he's going to adjourn Congress so he can pass appointees faster - obviously without congressional approval. This'll be the man with a cabinet that is almost entirely staffed with 'acting' positions because he knows his picks would never get through Congress.

I mean, yeah. We're there people. And his fans love it, because f*ck the constitution when it comes to protection against a tyrant, but I'll goddamn shoot you in the face if you touch that 2nd ammendment!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If you’re not following the news closely and hearing what the Democrats are actually doing and what shit Trump is pulling I can see it would be very easy to accept a lot of lies without even realizing it. He’s a natural liar and the sheer quantity of lies becomes hard to parse. Even when you know he’s lying about big stuff, he’s slipped a dozen small lies in almost as side notes. It’s hard to comprehend that a US president could actually be twisting the truth to the extent that he does, so even when you go in on guard it’s too easy to end up manipulated even if it’s just in small ways.
I literally only have one 'smart' friend left who supports Trump. And he openly admits it's because he's a white, male American from Iowa who is entirely self interested, and believes Trump's policies are those most likely to benefit him personally. Part of my hugely respects his honesty.

I lived with one of the heads of the campus Republicans at school and he's utterly horrified at the last 5 years, even voted for Hillary. About half my friends there were probably Republican leaning, certainly from Republican families. None of them vote Republican anymore.

edcunited1878

Just announced he's going to adjourn Congress so he can pass appointees faster - obviously without congressional approval. This'll be the man with a cabinet that is almost entirely staffed with 'acting' positions because he knows his picks would never get through Congress.

I mean, yeah. We're there people. And his fans love it, because f*ck the constitution when it comes to protection against a tyrant, but I'll goddamn shoot you in the face if you touch that 2nd ammendment!
The moronic thing is that one of his big campaign messages was "Drain the Swamp" and so many people ate it up within the Republican party. I mean, yeah, overall the Senate and House needed to be re-shuffled, if not upended (and lobbyists and a whole bunch of bureaucratic shit) but any sane person knows that's not really up to the President...and he just exacerbates the problem exponentially when he does ape shit stuff like you have mentioned.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

(New York Times)
Trump's own "Mann ki Baat" @berbatrick. May be Modi is coaching Trump with this on top of the signature stunt for payments.

Devil77

God! I really hate him. Such a shame that he has been allowed to stay this long in office. The thought of another four years with this orange moron in charge is terrifying. US citizens, please show some decency and vote Biden this fall.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
LivE FREE OR DIE

You can't really accuse them of not getting it. That's literally the options.

It might not be them that does the dying though so they are essentially protesting their right to commit involuntary manslaughter.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
LivE FREE OR DIE

You can't really accuse them of not getting it. That's literally the options.

It might not be them that does the dying though so they are essentially protesting their right to commit involuntary manslaughter.
I doubt they care. Walking around with guns shouting about "Tyrants". It's pretty clear that peaceful protesting isn't on their agenda and you can imagine what one of their options would have been if the police turn up en masse to move them on.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The reassuring thing is that they have access to automatic weapons to defend their freedom.

The Purley King

We the Peope :) If you are going to go to the trouble of ruining your car at least get the spelling right............
So they are protesting against the lockdown, but why do they need guns to do that? Am I missing something? Probably I am, probably quite a lot.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My favourite quote at the moment, from Reddit;

"I’m getting real tired of Trump knocking over the game board and then everyone consulting the rule book, like it’s fecking relevant, before getting distracted by him threatening to shit on the pieces at this point tbh"

Status
Not open for further replies.