The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So as expected, the US death toll hits the 60000 mark before end of April. I think it will exceed the revised 74000 figure well before August.

Red Stone

So as expected, the US death toll hits the 60000 mark before end of April. I think it will exceed the revised 74000 figure well before August.
It'll be close to (if not over) that by the end of next week.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Those types always amaze me with how easily they forget this little passage...

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
Without sounding so cryptic, the lord is basically saying, Pence, don't be a cnut?

Revan

Assumptionman
Tucker Carson is a total feckwit. Best bit of him dripped to the floor before conception.
It's crazy how he has made an 180. For a few weeks, he was the only conservative pundit, who was taking this seriously, and I think he did a good job on that aspect considering that a lot of people only get the news from Fox. But then, when situation degraded and everyone went into 'oh my god, this disease is bad' he has been on a personal mission to finish the lockdown, and minimizing the risk of the virus.

He also has been the original shill on hydroxychloroquine.

I actually think that he is a very intelligent person (unlike Hannity and co.), but obviously he has a political agenda here.

Ainu

You just know anti china slogans are going to be the new lock her up at his rallies.

As ever the right ensures anger is directed elsewhere to their benefit.
It's not going to be a very nice time for the Chinese population in the US. He doesn't care about that, of course.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump is the best thing that ever happens to China. Anyone with half competence will cause a bigger headache.

If trump was president in the cold war era you lot would be drinking vodka
He gives everyone he opposes credibility. Two weeks ago, he said Kim sent him a letter. NK said Kim did no such thing. Pretty damning that one would believe NK.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's not going to be a very nice time for the Chinese population in the US. He doesn't care about that, of course.
Yang was saying Asian Americans are something like 17% of the medical workforce too...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I thought he and Xi were best buds? He doesn't really care about the American people anyway. It's all about his re-election.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks like the GOP has set its politics stall.
Ultimately nothing will actually happen after China give Trump’s balls a little tickle and remind him who owns a chunk of his debt.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the most "sane" interpretation of this is that they are "just" playing the blame game. Bringing some suits against China so an US court can call them guilty of something. Even if it yields nothing material it's probably good for domestic propaganda.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Looks like the GOP has set its politics stall.
This could have been the Democrats' calling card when Trump was sucking up to Xi, waiting to push through a trade deal. Somehow the GOP laps them to it within a span of two months.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think the most "sane" interpretation of this is that they are "just" playing the blame game. Bringing some suits against China so an US court can call them guilty of something. Even if it yields nothing material it's probably good for domestic propaganda.
Defaulting on the bonds China holds on the other hand might cause a lot of trouble.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Defaulting on the bonds China holds on the other hand might cause a lot of trouble.
Part of me is curious to see how that would play out. I mean what would China do? They cease trade and they hurt just as much. Kill critical supply chains? Crippling cyber attacks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.