The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
This is something that people still do not get it. Americans don't want to get better, they don't see what's wrong with American First thuggery and feck the rest of the world attitude.

M4A, while it's novel at face value, half (or more) of Americans don't want that, even half of democrats don't want that. Obviously M4A is Sander's, but it goes the same with every big policy. Guns? They don't care about people dying, they want their guns. A presidential candidate who champions guns abolitionism and M4A will not win, because that's not what american wanted.

You and us here are debating based on the assumption that Americans are fair, kind, and just minded collective bunch. They are not. As trump have shown us. Half of them are still racist, the other half are too rich and thinks that M4A are a burden, if poor people dies so be it, it's their fault. Half of america agrees and celebrate Trump thuggery, they think his constant bullying as a sign of MAGA and machismo and boy they're so glad that finally someone actually represents them as a country.

Trump will die eventually, or goes to prison, but there will be other trump. Unless the trump voters are gone then there will always be another trump. Better deal with it. This is the Americans we'll have to get used to for the foreseeable future.
This is a good post for the most part but its important to remember that right-wing nationalism is not just an "American thing". You have Brexiters in the UK and Bolsonaro in Brazil for just two examples plus plenty of other smaller versions like Orban. Right-wing nationalism is something we have to confront globally not just say "oh those crazy Americans over there".

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is a good post for the most part but its important to remember that right-wing nationalism is not just an "American thing". You have Brexiters in the UK and Bolsonaro in Brazil for just two examples plus plenty of other smaller versions like Orban. Right-wing nationalism is something we have to confront globally not just say "oh those crazy Americans over there".
When it comes to America, I don't think it's just a problem of right wing nationalism. The core of the problem is American Excdptionalism and it is as much a problem on the librals as it is on the right. Look at how many Dem leaders say that city on the hill crap.
Just look at Biden's reaction when told how well universal healthcare works for many European countries and Canada. "This is America" was his retort. The every man for himself culture is seriously engrained in the country and even the poor have the mentality.
Their culture as a country is rotten. Not just the right/left divide.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Over 65k deaths now. Will be interesting, and disgusting, to hear how Trump claims he always said he expected 100k.

Just yesterday the Beeb in their report stated that Trump had expected 60k deaths. No mention that this was a revised number based on another revised number. So the revisionism is already in full swing.

Drifter

American
Trump removes US from global initiative to develop coronavirus treatments and vaccines

nimic

something nice
Scout
Over 65k deaths now. Will be interesting, and disgusting, to hear how Trump claims he always said he expected 100k.

Just yesterday the Beeb in their report stated that Trump had expected 60k deaths. No mention that this was a revised number based on another revised number. So the revisionism is already in full swing.
He'll claim fake numbers. He still claims to have won the popular vote by millions of votes.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He'll claim fake numbers. He still claims to have won the popular vote by millions of votes.
The narrative is any death is being counted as a CV19 death even if not confirmed in some grand conspiracy by Democrats to... I don’t know, get more people healthcare and help immigrants win the next civil war or somesuch.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
At some point it becomes less about him, and more about his enablers and supporters. He's a case study in a broken human being, but I don't think that excuse can extend to his entire staff and tens of millions of supporters.

He is, of course, also just lying. The US is just about worst in every major metric on the virus. But he just says the opposite, and no one calls him on it. You basically couldn't write a better modern parable of the emperor without clothes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is that like the corona time equivalent of crotchless panties and peep hole bras?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
At some point it becomes less about him, and more about his enablers and supporters. He's a case study in a broken human being, but I don't think that excuse can extend to his entire staff and tens of millions of supporters.

He is, of course, also just lying. The US is just about worst in every major metric on the virus. But he just says the opposite, and no one calls him on it. You basically couldn't write a better modern parable of the emperor without clothes.
Yeah you're bang on there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It’s actually insanely fascinating how a public figure - or a host of them actually, are just able to twist the truth and even sometimes go a step further and tell blatant lies, without being held to account for them.

If I told just one lie at work, I’d in all likelihood lose my job and my career would suffer from there on in due to reputation damage.

So it’s weird/fascinating/infuriating (insert a dozen other emotions!) how leaders around the globe - especially politicians can do this with next to no recourse. And it happens all over the world.

WPMUFC

Trump truly has broken the minds of centre-right liberals. You don't have to look back longingly at absolutely horrendous presidents and start fawning over "oh remember the good old days". It boggles the mind. Just focus on removing him at the election and feckING STOP trying to rose-tint the history of GOP presidents.

WPMUFC

I actually found it quite satisfying the way he destroyed the last entitled Bush so completely.
no joke, i've now read three tweets about GWB from centre-right democrat or MSM reporters longing for his 9/11 leadership, KATRINA LEADERSHIP and just being better than trump. It's like reading the insane ramblings of people that have been abused in a hostage situation.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Trump truly has broken the minds of centre-right liberals. You don't have to look back longingly at absolutely horrendous presidents and start fawning over "oh remember the good old days". It boggles the mind. Just focus on removing him at the election and feckING STOP trying to rose-tint the history of GOP presidents.
Per my time in US I have always found that a large number of Democrats are aligned with Republicans when it comes to economy or even when it comes to tighter immigration policies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Thanks. So didn't want to take lead from the Germans and the French. No wonder him and Boris get along.
It simply means that they're not taking part in sharing their progress. Those in the chains are routinely sharing their progress so negative result can be communicated to safe time, so that you don't try things that fails.

US out of it means if they struck gold and find the cure before everyone does, they're gonna be mega fecking rich. If the other finds it, they'll buy it in the name of saving humanity.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It simply means that they're not taking part in sharing their progress. Those in the chains are routinely sharing their progress so negative result can be communicated to safe time, so that you don't try things that fails.

US out of it means if they struck gold and find the cure before everyone does, they're gonna be mega fecking rich. If the other finds it, they'll buy it in the name of saving humanity.
You feel Trump is doing more than any other individual in recent history to diminish American soft power globally at the moment.

cyberman

Trump wont buy it. Theyll reverse engineer it or just strong arm countries into handing it over.
Thats if they simply dont spy on those who discover it and steal it anyway

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You feel Trump is doing more than any other individual in recent history to diminish American soft power globally at the moment.
The long term result remains to be seen, but so far he's doing great in alienating the USA from the rest of the world. It might not come to a point where USA is cutting of their allies, but his antics has driven the world population more towards anti trump, and it'll in time reflect when they eventually vote. I'm not an expert on foreign policy, but eventually all his spit on your face stuff is going to make someone pissed, friends or foe.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It was already established that this woman has, in fact, some Jewish friends and is therefore allowed to make holocaust jokes Bout a Jewish governor!

:nervous:
I'm sure her Jewish friends love being used as a handbag.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It’s now normal for people in other countries to pity the US.
They used to envy them.
That’s how bad Trump has fecked things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.