The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Did he really use the word malfeasance in that speech?
Zero chance he knew beforehand what this word means........
Come on jack just ban him from Twitter I want to see what happens.

I can’t wait for someone to leak his teleprompter wording all spelt phonetically.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Narcissism. When they see the blame waves coming, along with a lot of questions about their responsibility for the things they said or have done; they deflect then slink off to a corner to nurse their wounds. He knew those reporters were there to bombard him about his "shooting starts" tweet, along with his terrible job at managing the pandemic. Right now, with the violence in Minneapolis, a pandemic, high unemployment, a stock market that could tank at anytime; he really doesn't want to face the cameras. His safe space right now is Twitter and that is now becoming a problem for him. He also knows that he's behind in the polls and the Presidency is the only thing keeping him out of a possible prison term.

Nonetheless, Trump is doing what he must do to keep his core base of supporters happy. They're all he has at the moment.
Yeah but he's the President. Minneapolis has been in meltdown the last 3 days. He's the leader of the country. To not even acknowledge it after tweeting about it non stop is just unfathomable.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I enjoyed the "Forfar 4 East Fife 5" bit.
Yay!

"Nobody knew Leven was a town until now. They've got this big windmill made by Samsung and it's filled with junkies. In the mornings it smells like dog food and by night time it smells of pish...are you folks sure the guy who wrote this knows what he's talking about?........ CHINA!"

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

This guy has documented lazy, biased, and politically motivated "fact-checking" by the WaPo fact checker (nominated for a Pulitzer) , speficially on M4A and also other things.
https://medium.com/@MattBruenig/my-favorite-glenn-kessler-feck-up-791f27404ee4
https://theintercept.com/2019/09/07/glenn-kessler-fact-checker-washington-post-pulitzer/
He also had a podcast where he talked about trying to get one of those checks corrected and how it's impossible.
This is why I sort of agree with Zuckerberg's take on this. I know everyone right now sees thing via the prism of Trump vs X but what Zuckerberg said actually did make sense that such social media platforms should stay neutral in the sense that any such actions on basis of political takes can never be objective. It is easy to cheer on twitter censoring Trump now but it is also easy to imagine big tech colluding with Govt to use similar measures to censor free speech that is against the Govt. I know per US laws Private companies probably do have rights to do as they wish but I don't think this is. a good precedent.
Even ignoring the same, why would not the general populace of the country want to hear whatever their democratically President has to say? I am not a believer in head of states acquiring special status but in case of communications, they should never be censored despite how vile their views are. People should have the right to know what their elected leader actually thinks or believes in.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is why I sort of agree with Zuckerberg's take on this. I know everyone right now sees thing via the prism of Trump vs X but what Zuckerberg said actually did make sense that such social media platforms should stay neutral in the sense that any such actions on basis of political takes can never be objective. It is easy to cheer on twitter censoring Trump now but it is also easy to imagine big tech colluding with Govt to use similar measures to censor free speech that is against the Govt. I know per US laws Private companies probably do have rights to do as they wish but I don't think this is. a good precedent.
Even ignoring the same, why would not the general populace of the country want to hear whatever their democratically President has to say? I am not a believer in head of states acquiring special status but in case of communications, they should never be censored despite how vile their views are. People should have the right to know what their elected leader actually thinks or believes in.
Nobody is censoring Trump ffs

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Yeah but he's the President. Minneapolis has been in meltdown the last 3 days. He's the leader of the country. To not even acknowledge it after tweeting about it non stop is just unfathomable.
Trump at this time is trying to save himself, that is, not lose in November. Narcissists couldn't care less about what's going on with you. Trump would let 2 million people die of COVID19, hundreds of people shot in Minneapolis, if it meant he'd win in November. NPD is a serious mental health condition of which Trump is a textbook case. There's no event or him being the President (of which he knows) could change his overall thought process right now...Win in November. One black dude dying in the streets at the hand of a police officer is nothing to him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Trump at this time is trying to save himself, that is, not lose in November. Narcissists couldn't care less about what's going on with you. Trump would let 2 million people die of COVID19, hundreds of people shot in Minneapolis, if it meant he'd win in November. NPD is a serious mental health condition of which Trump is a textbook case. There's no event or him being the President (of which he knows) could change his overall thought process right now...Win in November. One black dude dying in the streets at the hand of a police officer is nothing to him.
He can't even be sincere with any conviction. He's being grilled about it now and says he spoke to Floyd's family after the China announcement but was very vague.

The killing of George Floyd is a metaphor for Trump's presidency. He's had his knee on the United States for the symbolic 9 minutes watching it go down the tubes while everybody looking on in disbelief is telling him to stop. All the while his GOP colleagues are just standing around watching him drain the life out of America. It's pretty stark and he just seems to be upping the stakes on a daily basis.

Next up is the next milestone of 150k deaths, the Twitter war, mail-in ballots and the breakdown of US-Chinese relations...or any other curveball he chooses to throw out there. His presidency is becoming more unhinged every day.

Dr. StrangeHate

Zuckerberg's take is correct. But this is Trump we are talking about. He is a massive cnut. So we all should allow it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Apologies for wading in here without having read up on this Twitter spat in advance, but can someone tell me is the plan for Twitter to try to apply some common, consistent standards of fact-checking across the board? Or is it just Trump who has been targeted?

The Firestarter

I really want him to bite and get into a twitter beef with T-Swizzle while Covid and riots run rampant.
"Third rate bar songer Taylor Trift should stay Away from topics she doesn't understand. I know More about music than her. My uncle's cousin was Sturgill Simpson's step-grandmother.
Fake sings!"

Foxbatt

I wonder what would happen if Twitter goes off air for a couple of days? Is Trump going to have a nervous breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.