The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Trump is the dark knight

He took the full brunt from the mighty sword of historians, in order to destablize the GOP from the inside.

He's the Thanos of our world, he has shown the world how absurd America really is, but sadly the quagmire that is America is a bigger monster than he ever planned. It has become a nitemare, now no matter how stupid how low how hard he tries it turns out people loved him more and more (by Republican standard). It's like a parody movie, a spy got sent to the opposition, ended up as their leader, trying his best to raze the kingdom but the harder he tries the more they love him.
Thanos is a really bad comparison.

Thanos was a very clever and calculating man who tried to do what he thought was best for the entire Universe. He was also correct in his assumption of unsustainability of resources due to overpopulation.

Trump isn't clever, doesn't have a plan and only ever thinks or does things for himself.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Wtf is happening in the US.. Masked federal agents without any insignia invading democratic cities 100 days prior to election. hmm... after Trump has been talking about mail-in ballots election fraud and all.. It kind of looks like a facist state in the making. Totalitarian methods, in conflict with state and local laws.. not good..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hasn’t he grown an inch as he’s gotten older, per the results of his physicals? 6’-3” supposedly these days.

How insecure do you have to be to wear lifts when you’re already tall?
Well he has to prove he's taller than Obama of course, otherwise how could anyone consider him a real man?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Wtf is happening in the US.. Masked federal agents without any insignia invading democratic cities 100 days prior to election. hmm... after Trump has been talking about mail-in ballots election fraud and all.. It kind of looks like a facist state in the making. Totalitarian methods, in conflict with state and local laws.. not good..
Its beyond not good... its downright assault on basic rights
Its an infringement of their rights to spread covid... not acceptable... cancel the election and launch drone strike on antifa

On a serious note whats the odds on armed guards "ensuring a free an fair election" by checking voting eligibility and protecting people from antifa domestic terrorists as the queue (without masks for id purposes) to vote

nimic

something nice
Scout
On a serious note whats the odds on armed guards "ensuring a free an fair election" by checking voting eligibility and protecting people from antifa domestic terrorists as the queue (without masks for id purposes) to vote
Nah, I don't think that's probable at all. The states and cities already don't want the federals there, and as far as I know the states are responsible for conducting elections. I don't think the President could simply decide to post guards, and particularly not in this case, when it would be seen as direct interference in an election.

Abizzz

It's not in the making anymore, it's there already:
NYTIMES The Trump administration has announced that it intends to send a similar force to other cities; on Monday, The Chicago Tribune reported on plans to deploy about 150 federal agents to Chicago. “I don’t need invitations by the state,” Chad Wolf, acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, said on Fox News Monday, adding, “We’re going to do that whether they like us there or not.”

nimic

something nice
Scout
Thanos is a really bad comparison.

Thanos was a very clever and calculating man who tried to do what he thought was best for the entire Universe. He was also correct in his assumption of unsustainability of resources due to overpopulation.

Trump isn't clever, doesn't have a plan and only ever thinks or does things for himself.
Thanos' plan didn't make any sense what-so-ever. With the way population growth works, killing half would basically just set the Universe back a few generations, it wouldn't solve anything. The overpopulation argument doesn't really make sense either, on a Universe scale.

I don't even like Marvel or comic book movies, so I don't know why I'm trying to argue about this.

(The Boys is good, though)

freeurmind

weak willed
Republican silence on this just shows how so many of them are just full of bs and actually believe in nothing.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Thanos' plan didn't make any sense what-so-ever. With the way population growth works, killing half would basically just set the Universe back a few generations, it wouldn't solve anything. The overpopulation argument doesn't really make sense either, on a Universe scale.

I don't even like Marvel or comic book movies, so I don't know why I'm trying to argue about this.

(The Boys is good, though)
The biggest thing that didnt make sense is that Thanos - with the power of the 5 infinity stones - couldve just snapped his finger to make the universe double in size. Or to have infinite natural resources to sustain an infinite population.

When you have literally the power to do anything, "kill 50% of everything" isnt really the only solution.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Trump is the dark knight

He took the full brunt from the mighty sword of historians, in order to destablize the GOP from the inside.

He's the Thanos of our world, he has shown the world how absurd America really is, but sadly the quagmire that is America is a bigger monster than he ever planned. It has become a nitemare, now no matter how stupid how low how hard he tries it turns out people loved him more and more (by Republican standard). It's like a parody movie, a spy got sent to the opposition, ended up as their leader, trying his best to raze the kingdom but the harder he tries the more they love him.
Come on dude, Bruce Wayne and Thanos are "cursed with knowledge".

Kristjan

Retired Dictator

This did not go down well with Icelanders, the ambassador is a Trump supporter though so this kind of stupidity is to be expected I guess.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So apparently some rumors floating around now including leaked comms between the heads of some of the police unions communicating with senior Republicans to coordinate the response by these federal goon squads - including giving away positions of the National Guard and trying to usurp the Governors powers in places like Minnesota.

Ehmmm.. Wtf?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That’s a bit extreme, the photo. Often times the lift is the heel itself, but it looks odd if it is too much. Insert lifts are then used which limit the amount of potential volume inside the shoe itself.
It’s these lifts that undoubtedly cause his typical tilted-forward standing pose.
Didnt Prince use them most of his adult life and then paid the price for it later with hip problems etc -- and thus the pain killer addiction? Its just weird someone 6ft 2 would want them in Trump's case.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Didnt Prince use them most of his adult life and then paid the price for it later with hip problems etc -- and thus the pain killer addiction? Its just weird someone 6ft 2 would want them in Trump's case.
Prince's problems weren't from the lifts but rather the gruelling tour schedule and effort he put into his live performances.

Drifter

American
AP Source saying that Trump is sending 150 federal agents to Chicago. Law and Order.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
In my opinion, it's a lot of fun to look at Trump's obvious insecurities, idiotic ramblings, narcissism, etc., and it's easy to focus on that and make it look like real issues. (For example: because Trump is damaging the reputation and relationships of the US, is amplifying political polarization, and debasing the US presidency with pretty much every breath he takes.) But in the meantime, I worry he is actually leaving a real and lasting legacy (the rest can be reversed fairly easily) through his tax reforms, the installation of all those judges, and things like this new federal police. I hope there can be more discussion about that in the US, although I know political and election discussions everywhere (not just in the US) are all about soundbites now...

Back to the federal police: call me paranoid, but I worry where this might go. If they can't be stopped through the courts, what's stopping Trump from, for example, declaring mail-in voting a national threat (in whatever way he can do that) and ordering his new police to start confiscating ballots across the country? (Starting with states where this would be in his favour, of course.) That's pretty extreme, but there are all kinds of ways this police force could be used to influence voter opinions and interfere with the election process, and I wouldn't put anything past Trump and his cronies. Or are there safeguards against this stuff that I am not aware of?

decorativeed

In my opinion, it's a lot of fun to look at Trump's obvious insecurities, idiotic ramblings, narcissism, etc., and it's easy to focus on that and make it look like real issues. (For example: because Trump is damaging the reputation and relationships of the US, is amplifying political polarization, and debasing the US presidency with pretty much every breath he takes.) But in the meantime, I worry he is actually leaving a real and lasting legacy (the rest can be reversed fairly easily) through his tax reforms, the installation of all those judges, and things like this new federal police. I hope there can be more discussion about that in the US, although I know political and election discussions everywhere (not just in the US) are all about soundbites now...

Back to the federal police: call me paranoid, but I worry where this might go. If they can't be stopped through the courts, what's stopping Trump from, for example, declaring mail-in voting a national threat (in whatever way he can do that) and ordering his new police to start confiscating ballots across the country? (Starting with states where this would be in his favour, of course.) That's pretty extreme, but there are all kinds of ways this police force could be used to influence voter opinions and interfere with the election process, and I wouldn't put anything past Trump and his cronies. Or are there safeguards against this stuff that I am not aware of?
I think Trump's reign has shown that there aren't safeguards against anything.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

This did not go down well with Icelanders, the ambassador is a Trump supporter though so this kind of stupidity is to be expected I guess.
:lol: Its not like this guy has to worry about losing his job since Trump's reign appears to be ending soon.

Redplane

I think Trump's reign has shown that there aren't safeguards against anything.
Yep. Selling democracy to the world like we've been proclaiming to do sure would make me as a resident of another country we might be trying to "save" say... Ehhhh.. That democracy thing doesn't seem to working so well for you guys does it?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
where are the 2nd Amendment goons now?
I went to that cesspit Free Republic to see exactly that. The exact same hypocritical fecks who used to rave about the feds and their gun collections are all neatly lined up now cheering on the government and suggesting protestors should be exterminated by the government instead.

Redplane

:nervous:

The White House thinking is being heavily influenced by John Yoo, the lawyer who wrote the Bush administration's justification for waterboarding after 9/11......
He did a lot more than that. Watch the movie Vice to get a sense for how in some ways him and Cheney are the architects of a lot of things that now allow Trump to use so much executive authority.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wait, that's Fox news. I thought that company would report whatever let's Trump appear in positive light. Have they finally turned on him, too?
Wallace is a good journo. Have no idea why Trump have him an interview, considering that he has tweeted many times against Wallace, including leaving Fox for ONN cause of him.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It doesn't kind of look like that. It is that.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Grifters gonna grift. That aspect of his Presidency I find hilarious and all credit to him. He stuck his hand into the cookie jar, looked straight at his 'parents' who nodded affectionately and so he's just going for it.

Now when the GOP try to ever claim to have any moral standing about campaigns ever again (listen even they don't do that anymore, instead going down the 'hate the game', 'if you're not cheating you're not trying' path of standards) I'll find it galling but not surprising.

Everyone sees what this is. If RBG can't hold on, 90% of intelligent GOP supporters will believe it was all worth it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fact that he was actually able to become president becomes more and more bizarre/shameful/hilarious by the day....

Status
Not open for further replies.